Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,812 Member
    edited May 2022
    @cyncie It never ceases to amaze me the people who want to complain about this feature but can't seem to see the dozens of postings clearly stating this is an opt in only.
    Post edited by DaniRose2143 on
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    cyncie wrote: »
    Unpopular opinion/unpopular urge that might get me banned if actually acted on*: from here on out, I’m going to go into every thread about anything I didn’t want in my game and loudly proclaim how useless it is, because I didn’t want it.
    *which I won’t
    LOL, pretty sure there is a secret club you can join for that.
    Oooh! I wonder if they have refreshments! Is the club jacket cool?

The refreshments are everywhere, the joyous souls of the happy simmers around you.. Feasting is the only acceptable activity. And I suggest you feast abundantly if you want to earn your super cool jacket!

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
    Unpopular opinion/unpopular urge that might get me banned if actually acted on*: from here on out, I’m going to go into every thread about anything I didn’t want in my game and loudly proclaim how useless it is, because I didn’t want it.
    *which I won’t

The refreshments are everywhere, the joyous souls of the happy simmers around you.. Feasting is the only acceptable activity. And I suggest you feast abundantly if you want to earn your super cool jacket!

Will there be mead made from their tears at this feast?

• cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member
    *which I won’t

Ohhhhh. I want my club name to be “Hoover” cuz I’m gonna suck the life out of every thread I enter. Wonder if they embroider your name on the back of the jacket with the super cool club symbol….
    *which I won’t

Ohhhhh. I want my club name to be “Hoover” cuz I’m gonna suck the life out of every thread I enter. Wonder if they embroider your name on the back of the jacket with the super cool club symbol….

Speaking of jackets, what color? Just cause I'm female don't assume I want a pink one. I mean I do, just don't automatically assume it.

*which I won’t

Speaking of jackets, what color? Just cause I'm female don't assume I want a pink one. I mean I do, just don't automatically assume it.

It’s probably something cool like Misery Black or Resentment Red! I can’t wait to find out!
    *which I won’t

It’s probably something cool like Misery Black or Resentment Red! I can’t wait to find out!

Make mine Resentment Red! Red is such a flattering color!

• AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Incoming unpopular opinion:

Club jackets in Misery Black, Resentment Red, or Pouting Pink.....?

Bah humbug, I say! A trusty old leather (aviator style) club jacket in 'Brooding Brown' is where it's at. B)
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain

Bah humbug, I say! A trusty old leather (aviator style) club jacket in 'Brooding Brown' is where it's at. B)

Sorry, Brooding Brown is not an unpopular opinion, it's awesome! What about Oppressed Orange?
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member

Sorry, Brooding Brown is not an unpopular opinion, it's awesome! What about Oppressed Orange?

Ooooo....

Oppressed Orange would go great with a pair of Crying Khaki pants. Chic night out, indeed! ;)
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain

Ooooo....

Oppressed Orange would go great with a pair of Crying Khaki pants. Chic night out, indeed! ;)

Indignation Indigo would pair nicely with Crying Khakis too!
    edited May 2022

With that, I’m going to off topic to make my first club post!
    Post edited by cyncie on
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but the jacket is Mehgenta.. and that is the only flavour that comes in. Options are for those twisted people who bring joy to the world. Also, if you want to join the club, you must resist all this pleasantry you have been displaying as well. Shame on all of you.

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    I'd prefer people keep their lowkey transphobia to themselves, makes me feel

kGARg9J.png

As for harmless unpopular opinions uh

I never play with families. Ever, not in any Sims game. I never have my Sims marry and have children. If I ever have my Sims marry someone, it will ALWAYS be with another Sim I made and if they have children, I will decide what their children will look like, what their name would be, and what their personalities will be. I don't even like the thought of WooHooing that much, as an asexual myself, and if I can, I will make all my characters ace (most of them in the game are infertile to begin with, so the only pregnancies I get are from alien abductions for male Sims who weirdly bypass the "cannot be impregnated/cannot impregnate trait). I do play with aging turned off too because I'm way too attached to my guys to see them go. In fact, I always play as the same guys in every Sim game I've played, from 2 to 3 to Medieval.

Also townies can wear whatever ridiculous outfit they like, while my Sims will be nice to them and never mock their outfit, however I, as the supreme Watcher, will heavily laugh at them and judge them for it and leave their horrific outfits be for mockery of others especially say posting online in a particular thread on here.
    A1hnP0t.png
    Ray_Trace wrote: »
    As for harmless unpopular opinions uh

I never play with families. Ever, not in any Sims game. I never have my Sims marry and have children. If I ever have my Sims marry someone, it will ALWAYS be with another Sim I made and if they have children, I will decide what their children will look like, what their name would be, and what their personalities will be. I don't even like the thought of WooHooing that much, as an asexual myself, and if I can, I will make all my characters ace (most of them in the game are infertile to begin with, so the only pregnancies I get are from alien abductions for male Sims who weirdly bypass the "cannot be impregnated/cannot impregnate trait). I do play with aging turned off too because I'm way too attached to my guys to see them go. In fact, I always play as the same guys in every Sim game I've played, from 2 to 3 to Medieval.

Also townies can wear whatever ridiculous outfit they like, while my Sims will be nice to them and never mock their outfit, however I, as the supreme Watcher, will heavily laugh at them and judge them for it and leave their horrific outfits be for mockery of others especially say posting online in a particular thread on here.

My play style is similar. For the same reason you give, I never play families. I sometimes play couples if the story I’m telling requires it, but they never really move on to the nooboo stage in their relationship. Most times I’m playing single sims who stay single but have epic lives: musicians, Spellcasters, street artists, etc. My “friend” sims do get married and have families, but my main sims are usually singles. I think, in my years of playing, I’ve only played 3 couples, and zero families.

I also play with aging off, because my story needs the time to breathe.

I do edit townies some, but only if they’re encroaching on my main sim’s unique style or are wearing CC.
  • viola-illyriaviola-illyria Posts: 182 Member
    Morgyn Ember is overrated and he was the first of the sages I outright replaced.
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    Morgyn Ember is overrated and he was the first of the sages I outright replaced.

I've kept him in my game but I don't really get why he is so popular either. Sorry Morgyn fans.
    edited May 2022
    RedShoe7 wrote: »

I've kept him in my game but I don't really get why he is so popular either. Sorry Morgyn fans.

Whaaaaaaa?

ejI2cNG.png

Finally, a chance to use this screenshot!

Whaaaaaaa?

ejI2cNG.png

My unpopular opinion isn't Morgyn. Morgyn was the one part of RoM I liked. It's that the pack as a whole left me disappointed. It's okay, but I haven't connected with it like I was anticipating when it released. I was so excited when I got it, but I couldn't keep that excitement up. I wanted to love it, I still want to love it, but it hasn't happened. Someday I want to make time to start a save or send one of my current sims to the Realm and try again. Maybe now is the time?

Then again everything is going to get derailed when we get our werewolves.🙂

• RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member

Whaaaaaaa?

ejI2cNG.png

Finally, a chance to use this screenshot!

I said I was sorry!!
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I'm loving the break from expansions for a while, it's feels the team is more focused on the base game atm
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »
    I'm loving the break from expansions for a while, it's feels the team is more focused on the base game atm

Me too. But my play style is protracted so there's plenty of existing content I've yet to fully experience.
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    I will happily sacrifice a good world for good gameplay in the werewolves pack.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • rhaliusrhalius Posts: 455 Member
    Realm of magic was a horrible expansion. They seriously never even tried to make the magic expansion as good as Making Magic for Sims 1.

It's crazy that they where never able to top that old game with it's many limitations. The magic realm is nothing compared to magic town. Not much to do, nothing interesting to buy. Not really any reason to visit it beyond becoming a mage if your sim isn't one already.
    They don't even allow your sims to even look like mages, the clothing is horrible as it is with pretty much all sims 4 expansions.

The magic realm is just filled with boring regular sims that don't belong there. Not a single mage in sight. Even the teachers just look like regular people. Boring.

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    My unpopular opinion isn't Morgyn. Morgyn was the one part of RoM I liked. It's that the pack as a whole left me disappointed. It's okay, but I haven't connected with it like I was anticipating when it released. I was so excited when I got it, but I couldn't keep that excitement up. I wanted to love it, I still want to love it, but it hasn't happened. Someday I want to make time to start a save or send one of my current sims to the Realm and try again. Maybe now is the time?
    I feel the same. I find it quite sad because 'witches' have always been my most favourite occult and RoM just doesn't do it for me.

Another unpopular opinion I have is I really want genies and would have preferred them over werewolves.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top