Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,792 Member
    I would love to see the game get an attraction system like the one in WonderfulWhims. I love how detailed it can get and the number of appearance related turn ons and turn offs it gives you. And they actually work and affect romance interactions. I wish it had personality turn ons/offs but I take what I can get.

I really really really want trait based likes, and dislikes (turn ons/offs). If it is all looks based it would be disappointing. I would take it over nothing, but yeah.. I also want things like wealth, employment, children, relationship status, skill level in certain skills and such to be options. Further, it would be good if common likes could be a factor that can be applied.

WW lays out a great model to build from. The wide variety of likes and dislikes that can be tailored is great. I'm 100% with you that turn ons/offs cannot be entirely about looks.

Thats why Sims 2 attraction system is so cool, not only about looks. Could also be attracted/not attracted to a life state, skills, or even where someone is employed or not.

I don't know how familiar you are with WonderfulWhims, or how familiar most people here are, but occults are one of the categories where you can set likes and dislikes. It doesn't handle things like skills but that should be included in a base game attraction system. It could be something that strengthens a relationship because the two sims share a bond through that activity or building a particular skill together.

• cynciecyncie Posts: 4,625 Member
    edited May 2022
    I don't want an attraction system. I really hope that they make it optional if it comes.

I really hated it back in Sims 2, when I was forced to choose a hair color or body shape a Sim is attracted to. When a child ages up to a teen, how on earth should I know, what he/she finds attractive? When the teen gets older, I get to know the Sim better over time. And when the right time comes, I myself build the Sim of his/her dreams.

I never EVER chose a random townie to be my Sims partner, because I feel closer to my Sims, when I build them myself with lots of love and my whole heart.

I always felt limited, when I HAD to stick to the haircolor or whatever that I had to choose, when the child became a teen.

So if attraction system, than please optional, just like the likes and dislikes. :)

I agree with you on the superficial nature of previous attraction systems, and I also don’t want that. I don’t really want a romance only attraction system, at all, especially if you can’t opt a Sim out. I have a hard enough time maintaining a few sims as ace with all the random flirting, as it is.

Instead, I want a relationship system that includes romance, but also takes into account deep friendships, soul friends/mates, platonic love, familial love, bromances, frienimies, people you dislike, and out and out enemies. We as a society, especially in entertainment, have relationships placed in a box that emphasizes only a few things. Time to get a bigger box.

And yes, I have tried mods, but they’re still romance focused. Some of us don’t play that game, in Sims or real life.
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    @DaniRose2143 I get that. Being a loner because you want to be is one thing, being forced into solitude by forces beyond your control is something very different. It sounds like you are finding your way. <3<3

Thank you for the kind words, and I owe everyone an apology for the downer with my last post. I should have just stuck to saying I love Yuki.😁

I didn't think your comment was a downer at all! It was just honest and sharing about what informs your way of playing. And then there was a nice human connection between forum members. The internet *can* be a place to feel less alone, when it's used for good!
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
    GirafHuntr wrote: »
    @DaniRose2143 I get that. Being a loner because you want to be is one thing, being forced into solitude by forces beyond your control is something very different. It sounds like you are finding your way. <3<3

Thank you for the kind words, and I owe everyone an apology for the downer with my last post. I should have just stuck to saying I love Yuki.😁

I didn't think your comment was a downer at all! It was just honest and sharing about what informs your way of playing. And then there was a nice human connection between forum members. The internet *can* be a place to feel less alone, when it's used for good!

Thank you too! I'm in a great place and mood right now and have been all day, except that moment. When that conversation happened for a few minutes it pulled me back into some not so great times. But that is part of why I spend so much of my free time here and in the game. In the game I have an escape and in here I have friends.❤️ Lots of them.

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I have no issue with animations being reused, if an animation works for a different interaction I'd honestly rather they use existing animations rather than wasting development time making new ones that are basically the same...
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited May 2022
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    cyncie wrote: »
    I want a relationship system that includes romance, but also takes into account deep friendships, soul friends/mates, platonic love, familial love, bromances, frienimies, people you dislike, and out and out enemies. We as a society, especially in entertainment, have relationships placed in a box that emphasizes only a few things. Time to get a bigger box.

I do want an attraction system. But I really really want relationships in general to be better developed. I would love for all of these things to be implemented one day, and they could have special interactions for each type of relationship. It would make a much richer environment. Also, as someone who is under the ace umbrella, I really do wish they would add it to the game. They have had gay and bisexuality covered for a long time, and now there is a lot of movement for gender issues, so hopefully at some point ace dynamics will be incorporated.

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
    I want a relationship system that includes romance, but also takes into account deep friendships, soul friends/mates, platonic love, familial love, bromances, frienimies, people you dislike, and out and out enemies. We as a society, especially in entertainment, have relationships placed in a box that emphasizes only a few things. Time to get a bigger box.

I do want an attraction system. But I really really want relationships in general to be better developed. I would love for all of these things to be implemented one day, and they could have special interactions for each type of relationship. It would make a much richer environment. Also, as someone who is under the ace umbrella, I really do wish they would add it to the game. They have had gay and bisexuality covered for a long time, and now there is a lot of movement for gender issues, so hopefully at some point ace dynamics will be incorporated.

Another area of relationships I'd love to see changed is allowing for multiple best friends. I don't see that mentioned often but it is a real thing. Most people in my circle of acquaintances feel like they have more than one. As society has evolved so have some of the definitions in relationships. Best friend isn't necessarily a single person anymore but a term that defines a certain level of closeness between people, usually very close and it is possible to have that connection to more than one person at a time. It could easily be a small group, 3-5 people that spend a lot of time together and have an especially close knit friendship.

• Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member

Another area of relationships I'd love to see changed is allowing for multiple best friends. I don't see that mentioned often but it is a real thing. Most people in my circle of acquaintances feel like they have more than one. As society has evolved so have some of the definitions in relationships. Best friend isn't necessarily a single person anymore but a term that defines a certain level of closeness between people, usually very close and it is possible to have that connection to more than one person at a time. It could easily be a small group, 3-5 people that spend a lot of time together and have an especially close knit friendship.

I miss the Sims 2 styled one-sided relations combined with best friends or lovers. Bob might see Jim as his best-friend forever, but Jim only sees him as a friend, just another part of his big friend-group. It made the relations that soured when one Sim definitely did not feel the same 100% more drama packed.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Sc4rls01Sc4rls01 Posts: 11 New Member
    Is it weird that I agree with heaps of these?😂
    edited May 2022
    Sorak4 wrote: »

I miss the Sims 2 styled one-sided relations combined with best friends or lovers. Bob might see Jim as his best-friend forever, but Jim only sees him as a friend, just another part of his big friend-group. It made the relations that soured when one Sim definitely did not feel the same 100% more drama packed.

I never played TS2 so I missed out on that. That would be more realistic than having two sims mirroring each other. Sentiments in TS4 work the same way unless you cheat them into place. I have had soulmate couples where one has 4 sentiments towards their SO and that sim has 2 towards the other and the only one in common was the close one from being best friends. Of course the attraction and romance system completely cancelled out all of that potential for drama.

edited May 2022

Do you use mods? This is something you can change with MCCC. I set it that way so long ago that I forget it's not EA. My Sims have as many "best friends" as I want them to. Some are best friends with their own parent or sibling as well as a school friend or a lover. Most adorable are the occasions when I set a grandparent to "best friend."
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
    edited May 2022
    I use mods and I have MCCC, I never dug that far into it. It's my most common failing, not digging far enough down in a program to unlock all the goodies it has to offer. I put them in, take care of what I needed at the time, and then forget that it can do more than what I asked of it. It would still be nice if we didn't need a mod to get it though, more so for the ones who can't run mods.🙂
    Unpopular opinion/unpopular urge that might get me banned if actually acted on*: from here on out, I’m going to go into every thread about anything I didn’t want in my game and loudly proclaim how useless it is, because I didn’t want it.

*which I won’t
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I use mods and I have MCCC, I never dug that far into it. It's my most common failing, not digging far enough down in a program to unlock all the goodies it has to offer. I put them in, take care of what I needed at the time, and then forget that it can do more than what I asked of it. It would still be nice if we didn't need a mod to get it though, more so for the ones who can't run mods.🙂

It is quite well hidden:

Computer | MC Command | MC Tuner | Change Interaction Behavior | Allow Multiple BFFs
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
    @ModerateOsprey Thank you for the tip. It will be really useful for the story I'm working on.
    @ModerateOsprey Thanks! I was gonna dig that up tonight but you saved me the work. :)
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    Sorak4 wrote: »

YEESSSS! I MISS THIS SO MUCH!!!

Unpopular opinion/unpopular urge that might get me banned if actually acted on*: from here on out, I’m going to go into every thread about anything I didn’t want in my game and loudly proclaim how useless it is, because I didn’t want it.
    *which I won’t

LOL, pretty sure there is a secret club you can join for that.
    GirafHuntr wrote: »
    Do you use mods? This is something you can change with MCCC. I set it that way so long ago that I forget it's not EA.

Ah-hah.. I was trying to think about this last night. I thought for sure I could, and did have multiples in my game, but then I was like, am I imagining that, so I didn't comment on it. This is why... lol

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    About the adding disabilities issue-

I think the whole idea of it "well it's just too hard and i
    and they can't represent everyone" is just an excuse because they will work hard to support other communities but virtually ignore other communities (religious, some cultures/nationalities, disabilities etc) and i do think its unfair. I am not saying there is any malicious intent behind it, but I think its a double standard. Some updates were also difficult to implement, controversial, etc (I am not singling out 1 update, there have been many controversial updates or dlc features), I will say this game does work harder than others at trying to fit many people/ styles into their character customization, but don't say "oh, we could never do X" because its simply not true. They can if they want, they will if they want. We'll have to see.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,811 Member
    don't say "oh, we could never do X" because its simply not true. They can if they want, they will if they want. We'll have to see.

Has the team actually ever said we could never do x? 🤔
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    don't say "oh, we could never do X" because its simply not true. They can if they want, they will if they want. We'll have to see.

Has the team actually ever said we could never do x? 🤔

Oh no, Ive never seen them say that. Sorry shouldve clarified, I meant this for simmers when we have this discussion 😅
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

*which I won’t

LOL, pretty sure there is a secret club you can join for that.

Oooh! I wonder if they have refreshments! Is the club jacket cool?

You're not forced to use them. Your game won't change, and you won't see them, unless you go in and turn them on. They are off by default.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    @cyncie Quick! Ask about the club jackets!
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
    VeeDub wrote: »
    @cyncie Quick! Ask about the club jackets!

:D;):pB)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top