Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    I’m glad RoM didn’t get too Harry Potter.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Ive bought some kits myself, but I dont understand the line that theyre 'meant for niche audiences' like why would they try to appeal to the smallest amount of customers at a time instead of delivering major desires that most simmers want? I think its leftovers or things designed as microtransactions. I think its fine for people who want them, but the amount we have now is quite ridiculous.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    BowtrucklerBowtruckler Posts: 16 Member
    My controversial opinion is....I just enjoy actually playing the game. I've tried to build properties but I found it stressful and not fun at all and they all looked rubbish. Its probably just me, but I didn't find the game at all intuitive or user friendly when I tried to build, and I found it impossible to put a decent roof on anything. Its easier and more fun to just play.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    My controversial opinion is....I just enjoy actually playing the game. I've tried to build properties but I found it stressful and not fun at all and they all looked rubbish. Its probably just me, but I didn't find the game at all intuitive or user friendly when I tried to build, and I found it impossible to put a decent roof on anything. Its easier and more fun to just play.

I think you'd be surprised by how many Simmers are just like you; "builders" are actually probably a minority of the player base.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I don't mind that Kits have replaced Stuff Packs. However, I just don't understand why they aren't organized like the Packs in the Menu.
  • Options
    CopperBoltCopperBolt Posts: 132 Member
    Seasons is overrated. The holiday system is fun to play through once but even regular rain is annoying and gets in the way of good gameplay.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I like how every world always has bars, they're a pretty important lot to have in any world for me as it gives my sims a reason to leave their house and meet the other townies. :)
  • Options
    SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,929 Member
    My unpopular opinion is; i don't like star wars. :|
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    As someone who typically creates sims for my sims to marry, I don’t really care about an attraction system, nor do I think that romance needs some big overhaul.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    SimDork23 wrote: »
    As someone who typically creates sims for my sims to marry, I don’t really care about an attraction system, nor do I think that romance needs some big overhaul.

I don't create sims for my sims to marry, and even I agree with that sentiment. I decide who the Sims that I control are attracted to...I don't need the game to do it for me. I remember having to constantly use cheat codes in TS2 to get the Sims who I wanted together to be attractive to each other; I don't need that extra layer of annoyance in my game.

That said, I'd like some kind of attaction system to be able to run where Sims I don't control are involved. And either way, adding it but providing toggles like they have for aging. (Played/unplayed, etc.) would work great and make everyone happy.
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited February 2022
    @Stormkeep I struggled with that in the Sims 2, as well! Lol. I agree that an attraction system toggle would be great for everyone!
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    I'm not all that excited for the wedding pack tbh, it should have been a base game update. But no, gotta slap a price tag on it because it's something that the fandom has been crying out for, for years at this point.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    I want Get to Work, but I really don't want aliens.
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    The attraction/chemistry system I get from mods is better than one by EA will be. I hope they don't add one because it might mess up what I am doing with the mods. :P
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    Mizzila1297Mizzila1297 Posts: 620 Member
    LynnPlayz1 wrote: »

If it helps, I've had Get To Work for years and I haven't run into any aliens without having to try very hard to find them :lol:
  • Options
    edited February 2022

I have had Get to Work since it came out and only "saw" an alien one time with one Sim. I know they're out there though. Mulder told me.

No, seriously, the reason I know they are out there is that occasionally one of my sims gets a moodlet indicating they met an alien. Never figured out who it was though. :lol:

Aliens in TS4 are in 'disguise' most of the time. The one time I did see one is because my Sim got abducted. I haven't done the scientist career yet though. I imagine if you do that Live career you'll see aliens at some point.

You can use mods to disable aliens entirely though if you get the pack and just want them gone gone.
  • Options
    Mizzila1297Mizzila1297 Posts: 620 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »

I have had Get to Work since it came out and only "saw" an alien one time with one Sim. I know they're out there though. Mulder told me.

No, seriously, the reason I know they are out there is that occasionally one of my sims gets a moodlet indicating they met an alien. Never figured out who it was though. :lol:

Aliens in TS4 are in 'disguise' most of the time. The one time I did see one is because my Sim got abducted. I haven't done the scientist career yet though. I imagine if you do that Live career you'll see aliens at some point.

You can use mods to disable aliens entirely though if you get the pack and just want them gone gone.

The scientist career is the first time I ran into aliens, and even still my Sim had to get pretty high in her career before that happened, except for the possible co-worker in disguise. I will admit, getting to Sixam was pretty cool, even if you can only visit there. The rocket ship was a lot of fun, I'd never tried it, and pairing that with a mad scientist? Such a great Sim to play! I had a blast :D
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I like the set dressing in worlds...

As a none builder I like that my worlds look full and detailed without me having to fill them with random buildings.
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    @Sharonia I completely agree. Set dressing never bothered me, even during all the complaints around it when City Living first came out.

San Myshuno is still my favourite world til this day.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member
    I LOVE building. That's my unpopular opinion, I guess. I'm obsessed with DHD and would love to see it further developed.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    I’m sorry, but if you start any game kit with the word “My,” I expect to find it in the Mattel aisle at Walmart in a bubble gum pink package.
  • Options
    CybersbeCybersbe Posts: 108 Member
    I think Journey to Batuu is actually pretty fun. (If you get a mod that removes the "collectibles" tag from lightsabers.)
  • Options
    TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    edited February 2022
    As a black woman, I understand the importance of having bonnets and durags in the game and I don't begrudge other black people their excitement over that. But I hate wearing a bonnet or anything on my head at night even though I have to do it and I won't subject my sims to it lol. They're very very fortunate that they can truly "wake up like that."
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    As a black woman, I understand the importance of having bonnets and durags in the game and I don't begrudge other black people their excitement over that. But I hate wearing a bonnet or anything on my head at night even though I have to do it and I won't subject my sims to it lol. They're very very fortunate that they can truly "wake up like that."

Do you just use a silk pillowcase? I use the pillowcase and bonnet 😂
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I don't get complaining that worlds don't have enough empty lots, just bulldoze the lots in the world if you want more empty lots? Personally I would rather the worlds be filled rather than full of empty lots

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top