Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    The only good thing that will come from this is how I was able to confirm that what I had planned for a story would work exactly the way I thought it would. Now, I can at least try to do something a little better planned.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,651 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »
    I don't care about the Goths and Calientes not looking exactly like on the previous Sims games. I've played Sims 4 for 6 years and I love them as they are. I don't need them to be changed.
    It's a bit late for the total plastic surgery for them when a lot of players have already gotten attached to the characters.

Agree.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,914 Member
    I don't care are Goths or Calientes changed or not.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    I don't care about any of the pre-made households that came with the Base Game. I delete all of them every time I start a new save. What a waste of time fixing their lore or backstories. I guess it beats fixing other things.
  • sulfurstylesssulfurstyless Posts: 100 Member
    edited November 2021
    - Island Living is one of the biggest jokes. There's barely anything to do in it. Besides CAS & BB, what's there to do? Mermaids controlling the weather? You need Seasons for that! The Conservationist job? Could've been in Eco Lifestyle! Living an eco and off-the-grind type of life? Eco Lifestyle baby! This pack is basically dependable on other DLCs to make it enjoyable. Oh, but what about holidays? Make your own beach or something! Rental lot type is in the base game! Also, Snowy Escape offers so much more than this pack and is better than IL in every way possible. I wouldn't buy IL, instead I could try to get a simulation of it and it'll be better.
    - Normal family gameplay is boring. I need spicy families - by that I mean family with drama and chaos in it.
    - If you want a The Sims 4 pack and have all of the Sims 3 DLC, I'd not bother buying TS4 packs and just play the previous installment. For example, I have Ambitions and DHD is part of it. It's not worth buying DHD, Get To Work or even Laundry Day if you have Ambitions IMO. Now, I know Eco Lifestyle is part of the pack and I have EL too, but looking back, I wouldn't purchase it today.
    Ambitions > Island Paradise > World Adventures > Generations > Showtime > Seasons > Supernatural > University Life > Pets > Late Night > Into The Future
  • hailexityhailexity Posts: 26 Member
    I have a few:

I'm in no rush to see TS5. I think TS4 still has a very active fanbase that is eagerly awaiting content, and I think this installment in the franchise still has plenty of life to live. Of course, we all want them to take their time with TS5 anyway lol.

I don't really mind that we don't have an open world. Yes, there's a lot of loading screens but they're not that long and the game is way less laggy compared to TS3.

CAS CC is overrated. There's a lot of really nice hair and clothes, especially after the packs that came this year. As always, there could be more for men, but I think there's a good selection of in game stuff. I'm curious to see everything that'll be in the new menswear kit.

I wish we had a better way to pretend it were a different time period. Build mode isn't so bad, but there could be more assorted time period clothes. Overall the immersion is lacking, I wish we could make all the NPCs look like they fit in without individually editing all of them. That kind of a system would probably involve too complex coding to be realistic though.
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    I’m considering of inactivating Parents pack. I don’t enjoy the phases and character values. It’s not similar to the sims 3 teens. My parents and care giver sims’ parenting skill is maxed but still don’t have fun with the pack. Also, I rarely go to Sulani.. Once, I visited and played for an hour in sim time, and get bored. The Seasons pack is inactivated. I don’t like gloomy sky and the plants color goes olive color, I prefer the green... too much complains I have. :D I know but I can’t help.
  • greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    So, Eliza committed a taboo and forced a restart because she interjected herself into a scene she didn't belong in. Consequently, she was unceremoniously deleted from the game. I really hate sims that force themselves into stuff that I don't want them a part of. I won't miss her.

I wasted an entire sim day trying to get rid of her, but she wouldn't leave. I wish there was a toggle to make sims leave like how you can make them leave your house. If two sims are having a friendly conversation, I don't want someone they don't know approaching them.

I made her tense, I was rude to her, I made it thunderstorm, and I tried to sing a Siren's Call to screw up her needs, and she was determined to stick around.

If you use mods, with MCCC you can make them leave the active lot. I believe it's MCCC- MC Control- Make Sim Leave, but I could be wrong.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I don't care about the premades overhaul (not the looks overhaul now that people have grown attached to how premades look, and not the lore update with how the game plays as there's not a proper attraction and relationship system)...
    But... i do like how the new Bella looks (besides of the skin color, that i believe will be warmer in the final "product").
  • LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    I don't care about the Goths
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I don't really know if this is an unpopular opinion, but it might be: I don't like any glowing-eyes effects for my sims (or for characters in most other games, for that matter). I prefer more subtle ways to get across the eeriness or "otherworldness" (I may have made up that term, lol) or any other form of uniqueness in a sim, occult lifestate or not. Unless we're talking about a specific kind of ability for the eyes, that is, like shooting lazers from them or something. That would need some glowy effects, I guess. :lol:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • LogicallyironicLogicallyironic Posts: 137 Member
    edited December 2021
    1. VERY unpopular but:
    Build mode in Sims 4 has a steep learning curve, at least for me, since I'm so used to the system of the first 3 games. The way rooms work is the bane of my existence. Granted, I only log a few hours a month, but those hours are spent solely building and I've played off-and-on since launch. I've grown too used to the old system, and so building in TS4 feels counter-intuitive and clunky.

HOWEVER, roofing is easier than ever and massively improved.
    TL:DR not a huge fan of build mode in TS4. Furnishing is fine, hard to navigate but the search tool is a godsend.

2. I don't need create-a-style to return. I think in CAS we should have color wheels for skin, eyes, and hair, but for build/buy all that's really needed are matching and split swatches (like in TS2)

• Thanatos_VoriganThanatos_Vorigan Posts: 3 New Member
    Vladislaus is a pointless sim and it will do the community a huge favor if EA deleted him.
    edited December 2021
    Vladislaus is a pointless sim and it will do the community a huge favor if EA deleted him.

But why not let players decide? It's quite simple to just delete him if you'd prefer not to have him in your game. 🤔

I love Vlad! Just last night he contacted my young beginner paranormal investigator to rid his house of specters. It was so fun to watch the evil Vlad having a breakdown over specters and cursed objects!

And really, any unpopular opinion would be my own and definitely does not need to translate into a call to action on EAs part. I mean, the fact that it’s unpopular would indicate otherwise.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    I don't play Vlad but I love seeing Sims' reaction when he shows up. 😄
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    cyncie wrote: »
    I love Vlad! Just last night he contacted my young beginner paranormal investigator to rid his house of specters. It was so fun to watch the evil Vlad having a breakdown over specters and cursed objects!
    [...].
    That's endearing. And for some reason I just really love seeing Vlad appreciation (and have seen it delightfully lot on these forums). I dunno, I guess I find it appealing how many people seem to appreciate his uniqueness: his story/mechanics (there is a gameplay purpose even), challenge (not easy to befriend) and unique looks instead of just dismissing him "cuz he ugly/occult".
    But anyhow...

I personally don't understand the desire for cars in TS4. Well, unless they served a deeper purpose like your sim being able to be a mechanic or something, but as only a transportation vehicle... ehh, seems like they'd only add to your loading times and basically just act as set dressing.
    Thrior wrote: »
    [...].
    That's endearing. And for some reason I just really love seeing Vlad appreciation (and have seen it delightfully lot on these forums). I dunno, I guess I find it appealing how many people seem to appreciate his uniqueness: his story/mechanics (there is a gameplay purpose even), challenge (not easy to befriend) and unique looksinstead of just dismissing him "cuz he ugly/occult".
    But anyhow...

I personally don't understand the desire for cars in TS4. Well, unless they served a deeper purpose like your sim being able to be a mechanic or something, but as only a transportation vehicle... ehh, seems like they'd only add to your loading times and basically just act as set dressing.

First, I agree about cars.

Second, I like the unique and off beat in the game and don’t want all sims to look like underwear models. The number of Gallery hunky boy “makeovers” for Vlad, Morgyn Ember, and even Bob Pancakes, makes me sad. Their uniqueness gets wiped out in favor of fashion gloss and they don’t bear any resemblance to themselves.

Third, unpopular opinion: I don’t care what they do with babies. They always annoy me in the game and I usually age them up as soon as possible. The only time I enjoyed babies was when my Sims 3 save got that stretchy baby glitch from the bad cc. That was hilarious.

• eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »
    I don't care about the Goths and Calientes not looking exactly like on the previous Sims games. I've played Sims 4 for 6 years and I love them as they are. I don't need them to be changed.
    It's a bit late for the total plastic surgery for them when a lot of players have already gotten attached to the characters.

Agree.

Agreed as well. Plus the Goths and Calientes were so different between console and PC titles that it's not like it really matters. I always remembered the Goths as elders without children who live in a castle, and that's how they've always been in my Sims 4 saves.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    MoveObjectsOn is annoying to deal with and I wish people would stop using it. I wish I could find good homes on the gallery that don't use MOO.
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited December 2021

Second, I like the unique and off beat in the game and don’t want all sims to look like underwear models. The number of Gallery hunky boy “makeovers” for Vlad, Morgyn Ember, and even Bob Pancakes, makes me sad. Their uniqueness gets wiped out in favor of fashion gloss and they don’t bear any resemblance to themselves. [...]

Couldn't agree more. There are so many makeovers in which people go like: "I fixed these townies." and it translates to: "I erased every unique feature of them and made them all traditionally attractive and stylish".
    Sure, you do you, but I don't have to like it.

Hmm, is that an unpopular opinion I wonder? I.e. when I do makeovers for townies I never touch the genetics of the sim and only stuff like clothing/hair? Most of the time I'm completely fine with the style of predetermined townies (e.g. Goths, Pancakes) and think it's part of their character. However the ones that are generated later can have combinations that are hilariously ridiculous so I don't blame anyone switching those. (Though, personally, most of the time I just let them keep that style for lols. Only if they join my playable household it might start bothering me.)
    Post edited by Thrior on
    Thrior wrote: »

Second, I like the unique and off beat in the game and don’t want all sims to look like underwear models. The number of Gallery hunky boy “makeovers” for Vlad, Morgyn Ember, and even Bob Pancakes, makes me sad. Their uniqueness gets wiped out in favor of fashion gloss and they don’t bear any resemblance to themselves. [...]

Couldn't agree more. There are so many makeovers in which people go like: "I fixed these townies." and it translates to: "I erased every unique feature of them and made them all traditionally attractive and stylish".
    Sure, you do you, but I don't have to like it.

Hmm, is that an unpopular opinion I wonder? I.e. when I do makeovers for townies I never touch the genetics of the sim and only stuff like clothing/hair? Most of the time I'm completely fine with the style of predetermined townies (e.g. Goths, Pancakes) and think it's part of their character. However the ones that are generated later can have combinations that are hilariously ridiculous so I don't blame anyone switching those. (Though, personally, most of the time I just let them keep that style for lols. Only if they join my playable household it might start bothering me.)

I usually leave unplayed premades alone with the exception of a hairstyle or wardrobe change (especially base game sims who got random summer/winter wardrobes). Spellcaster townies in the Magic Realm get wardrobe overhauls for aesthetic reasons only. Played premades get additional wardrobes in keeping with their original character design. If I do any “makeovers” they will be mild. For an example, see Morgyn in my avatar. He has had a very mild makeover. The original features were so round that his face tended to look puffy in some animations. So he has had some sculpting done to eliminate that, without bulking him up or taking away the overall softness of his look. Plus, he’s got glowy eyes, for story reasons.

So, unpopular opinion: I don’t need tons of giant lots in game. Most of my Sims don’t live in 8 bedroom mansions.
    edited December 2021
    Catzilla wrote: »
    Heh, different strokes for different folks. I love Sulani. I'm not playing there looking for "something to do", I'm there because it's beautiful, sunny and warm. The weather we're getting where I live IRL has been absolutely horrible, I'm desperate for tropical island life (or desert life even)! Pretending I'm in Sulani or the desert worlds helps a little. lol Thank you, Sims 4 teams, for for creating Sulani!

This Parrothead loves Sulani! And my unpopular opinion about that is, I don’t want resorts there. I like that it’s a non-commercial tropical paradise.

(Sorry for double post)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top