Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• Justa_G00fJusta_G00f Posts: 1,075 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I don't view the Sims 4 as a sandbox and/or simulation game.

Interesting. What do you view it as?

Sometimes it's a tool which enables me to throw stuff really far!
    How your Sims builds show your meds' effectiveness

ntq84Hk.jpg
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Kurotard wrote: »
    The Star Wars pack wouldn't be so out of place if they added actual alien types to the game. Otherwise, I'd might kind of like it...

Agree!! More alien types and a force-sensitive occult state with customisable trees for both Jedi and Sith. Just so many missed opportunities. :disappointed:
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I don't view the Sims 4 as a sandbox and/or simulation game.

Interesting. What do you view it as?
    Dollhouse genre and RPG.

This interview is interesting they didn't consult experts when developing. They didn't initially want to bring all aspects of life, but the reality tv version or Barbie Doll effect. You set a stage, set their outfits, yet you can't change the set fully like sandbox, or simulate life like a simulation game does. They went for less simulation and saying a reduction of life and more about optimistic drama. So yeah think it is hard for the Sims 4 to stray from its roots and it was initially going to be a MMORPG game thus why babies were designed as objects and toddlers were not in right away because the focus was going to be mainly for YA and Adult ages only. They used Youtube to design the game. They talk about the time during Will Wright being sandbox simulation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOiYMtwINXI

Sims 4 original idea:
    https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/The_Sims_Olympus
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    The Sims Superstar is the best ever made expansion in TS franchise
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member
    Houses on the gallery that have smoking chimneys should also have a fireplace somewhere inside. I consider this an unpopular opinion because fireplace-less chimneys that magically smoke seem very popular.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    cyncie wrote: »
    Houses on the gallery that have smoking chimneys should also have a fireplace somewhere inside. I consider this an unpopular opinion because fireplace-less chimneys that magically smoke seem very popular.

While I do agree that fireplaces are awesome and houses with chimneys should have them more, but irl, our chimney is our exhaust for our furnace. (our house is relatively old for being in the US suburbs.) We have a fake fireplace, but not a real one.

Of course, Sims don't have utility rooms, so there's no reason to have a chimney if you don't have a fireplace.
  • bookwormsimmer25bookwormsimmer25 Posts: 24 Member
    I hate child life stage. I don't know what to do with them. Does anybody have any fun recommendations?
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    edited September 2021
    I hate child life stage. I don't know what to do with them. Does anybody have any fun recommendations?
    What packs do you have and how long is that age span for you? I always feel like it goes by pretty quickly and think of other things to do with my kid sims, but it's already time for them to age up. :|
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    I like the short lifestage

Sometimes it feels like its too long though lmao.
  • CaitxcatCaitxcat Posts: 680 Member
    edited September 2021
    @netney52 Agreed, if people make the decision to mod then it's their responsibilty to manage it all. I knew that when I decided to add some mods.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited September 2021
    netney52 wrote: »
    After seeing several comments recently on this topic I get the impression a lot of simmers on this forum are computer snobs. Not all of us can afford fancy gaming computers or laptops and have to make do with what we have.

Another unpopular opinion is I hate so many bug threads and most are mod or cc related maybe don’t play with so many cc and mods and your game won’t break.
    I mean it is cheaper to build a computer. Being a laptop owner myself in the past I saved more money on not buying coolers and adapters and batteries playing the Sims than what I would have spent on a decent desktop computer which I have now. Sims does have cheaper gaming options with console or the two mobile versions. I actually found the opposite that majority of forums aren't computer snobs or tech savvy but cell phone snobs instead unlike everywhere else in the Sims community. Most people I come across don't know the basics of games of following basic two sentences computer recommendations. They tend to ignore it as much as IKEA instructions I have noticed. Modthesims is where the computer snobs of CC artists and modders like to hang out. EA help is great place too for finding them. Forums I do find are DLC snobs of wanting every pack regardless if they can afford to play it or not. Like buying Xbox games for a PlayStation, capacity will never work. You would think people would learn not to crash their systems with the Sims 3 but nope. Sims 4 history repeating itself but harder to uninstall packs with the Sims 4. It is just sad to see again.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Mizzila1297Mizzila1297 Posts: 620 Member

honestly i usually just set a challenge for myself to max as many skills as I can as children haha I think there's 11 they can max if you have all the packs
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    I find aliens to be more fun than spellcasters.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    edited September 2021
    ETA the Unpopular Opinion part: I think Oliana Ngata and Leila Illes have a bad relationship and I always feel like splitting them up. I'll explain why.
    I was playing a new save in Sulani and my sims made friends with Oliana Ngata and Leila Illes but something has always bugged me about their relationship and I finally figured out what it was that bugged me, the jealousy trait on Oliana makes her seem abusive to me. One minute they're lovey-dovey and the next Oliana is being aggressive or scolding and Leila is cringing back. Red flag. It happens a lot with them too and I have never liked that.
    Since it's my game my rules I went into MCCC and edited Oliana's jealousy trait out of her and gave her family-oriented instead. It seems to be better now and maybe I won't feel like breaking them up for being an abusive relationship.

Post edited by Catzilla on
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    yeah @Catzilla the Jealous trait is definitely on the darker side. Akira Kibo has done some things he regrets because of his jealousy in my game.
  • L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member
    MyriadSims wrote: »
    I like the short lifestage

Sometimes it feels like its too long though lmao.

Same here.

I love all occults...

And I don't think Plumbob Pictures is too ugly....
    ID: L33tP33tNW
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
  • CaitxcatCaitxcat Posts: 680 Member
    @Catzilla that's so strange since Akira from CL also has the jealous trait and he is as sweey as can be to his partners, great partner, just always wants to share his insecurities lol. I'll have to watch Oliana more carefully and see what happens
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I still think we need a Sims 5
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

I agree. It is sooooo easy to play it is ridiculous. And my Sims pretty much always die of old age. I remember back in the days of the first gen when the game was so hard. And you feared fixing anything or interacting with anything unknown in the game for fear of death or some other mysterious insanity happening. Not that I want it to be quite as difficult as it was then. But it feels like there are no surprises, and there is no challenge to it anymore at all.

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    Caitxcat wrote: »
    @Catzilla that's so strange since Akira from CL also has the jealous trait and he is as sweey as can be to his partners, great partner, just always wants to share his insecurities lol. I'll have to watch Oliana more carefully and see what happens

@Catzilla in my game Akira kind of flips out whenever his wife TALKS to anyone else. And when she goes to the bathroom, he gets a tense moodlet because he doesn't know where she is and who she's with.
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member

@Catzilla in my game Akira kind of flips out whenever his wife TALKS to anyone else. And when she goes to the bathroom, he gets a tense moodlet because he doesn't know where she is and who she's with.

Yuck. I kind of remember that about him which is why my sims don't date or make friends with him anymore.

A bunch of players freaked over alien abduction but they aren't bothered by abusive jealous relationships, go figure.
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    I don’t want to have any royal themed expansion inspired by Disney princesses or something like that. In my opinion it is so stereotypical and flat. If EA wants to introduce royality into TS4 I want to see something inspired by the reality. I much more prefere to play a royals with a tones of skills and responsibilities. I want to have this profession challenging and difficult to play if we ever get a royals in the game.
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    I don't use mccc. :o

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top