Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's watch: Realm of Magic livestream

Comments

• happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    rjssim wrote: »
    I really like this outfit.
    CAS1.jpg

Oh this is spot on the style of the witch in my avatar. Extremely happy !
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    OMG, just got finished watching the replay..........SOOOOOO much awesome stuff!!! I truly believe this is the pack I am the MOST excited about ever. All the cool furnishings, the spells, the clothes, the everything!!!!! I really do not think the 10th can get here fast enough!!! I had wondered if you would possibly see random townies (like from the other worlds like City or other areas) in the Portal area just showing up or if it would only be generated ones just for that area. I cannnnot wait! Well done EA, this is going to be the best pack yet!
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    they showed the bunnerfly! I LOVE it so! <3
    oh, and everything else was great too B)
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    AMAZING - EVERYTHING!!! Sorry for shouting - so happy!

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Just finished. Wow! I am so excited to play with witches! Everything looks so good and I love the art nouveau style. Love the lot sizes. Perfect for an out of the way hidden community. Can't wait to get there and build it!

I love that there's risk and random things involved and that it doesn't appear to be just "too easy". Only a couple of very special sims of mine will get the opportunity to find that portal!
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,337 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    rjssim wrote: »
    I really like this outfit.
    CAS1.jpg

Oh this is spot on the style of the witch in my avatar. Extremely happy !

Same here. I'll be totally using this set of clothing for one of my main sims.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    First tine I watched a livestream live. This pack is so cool <3
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I want.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • DaphneyyyDaphneyyy Posts: 70 Member
    Yay!!
    OldfashionedDearKestrel-max-1mb.gif
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Thanks for a great LS @SimGuruRomeo @SimGuruNinja GP are the best of Sims 4 and RoM is not an exception! All is beautiful CAS, Build stuff and the gameplay. Now I do not care that my vamps can not learn magic. Thanks to the devs that fixed vampires, now I can play RoM without fear ;)

<3<3<3
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,018 Member
    It was the stupidest thing, but I laughed so hard when the mops burst into flames near the end.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I love the cool braided multicolor hair, the beautiful outfits, boots, jewelery, sparkley make-up, the beautiful windows & doors, the cauldrons, new applicances, the beautiful beds, the powers, training, books etc...
    I still wish they added hats to the cool outfits. Oh well.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    unknown.png

Look at it just look at it!! That cuddly dragon, that Art Deco needs panel!!!
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Just got done watching it, and this is definitely a pack worth grabbing the day of. Ive got some birthday money put away into my EA account and Im hoping someone takes my work shift on release day so that I can spend the day on it. (But Im already betting that no one will :'( )

Anyway, honestly this has alot more gameplay than Island Living. Alot more. Like someone needs to go back and finish it. The wands and brooms are really cute (especially the wand with the star on it!!! So adorable) and Im hoping there will be a couple swatches for the wands. If not that's okay. Im glad that magic is more than just making someone flirty or confident and calling it a day. We have enough ways to change moods on the fly. I think practical magic stuck with me the most, and Im probably going to have a good amount of spellcasters mostly using their magic to clean around the house and doing other trivial things. But I'll definitely be trying out all the schools. Im not surprised though that you cant be a Sage, though Im certain our own high level magic users can teach others to use their powers. So for the purposes of my own story telling, I'll probably call them a by different name. I know one thing for certain, all the Sages are getting treated to a head to toe makeover when I play. I want that green haired QUEEN from the first trailer to be the Untamed Sage. Sorry not Sorry Morgyn. I also dont care for that "magic headquarters" build, and I'd love to create a totally different one.

Im also not surprised that there isnt much for kids to do (I mean we been knew but still), but Im happy they can at least have their own familiars. Im kinda hoping there is an animation for kids to just pretend they're casting magic with their parent's wands, but Im not betting on that either. Also, I'd love to see how that bloodline trait works. I plan on the Goth magic lineage to grow, so it will be interesting to watch generations of spellcasters.

Build/buy were pretty neat! I probably will be reserving cauldrons for magic families only since you know, what is a normal family doing with a bath sized cauldron? Cmon now. I'll definitely have a "hidden" room with all the magic supplies for my spellcasters living in not so magicky worlds. Plus I already have some ideas of building a small apothecary shop in Glimmerbrook!

Magic in general looks really neat. I love that potions can fail, curses dont go away unless you do something about it, too much magic can actually kill them, I love it all. And let me just say again, Im glad magic does more than change someone's mood. I would not be loving this pack if that's all magic did.

• liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    akaseven wrote: »
    WolfNate wrote: »
    Hmm I think they said no new lot traits?

yes... it was really something I expected, but from what I understand the world of ROM is customized ... but finally I will have to wait for some mod ... you can see them mentioning this at the very end of the stream

Didn't they say something about how you'd find a lot of spellcasters visiting the bar in Glimmerbrook?
    I'm really into this pack now can't wait till Tuesday!
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited September 2019
    I am very excited about this pack! There are so many exciting gameplay features, The Build/Buy objects are beautiful. I appreciate that they are matching and will give a real cohesive feel to a build.
    I am finding that I favour Game Packs over Expansion Packs. I enjoy the sense of purpose they provide in game. Solving the mystery of Strangerville was super fun! Embarking on a series of tests to become a Spell Caster will be interesting (^‿^) *ᕼᗩᑭᑭY*
    Post edited by kateoverend on
    rnKEhBT.png
    I am very excited about this pack! There are so many exciting gameplay features, The Build/Buy objects are beautiful. I appreciate that they are matching and will give a real cohesive feel to a build.
    I am finding that I favour Game Packs over Stuff Packs. I enjoy the sense of purpose they provide in game. Solving the mystery of Strangerville was super fun! Embarking on a series of tests to become a Spell Caster will be interesting (^‿^) *ᕼᗩᑭᑭY*

You only have 1 'quest' and that's gather motes.
  • kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited September 2019
    WolfNate wrote: »
    I am finding that I favour Game Packs over Stuff Packs. I enjoy the sense of purpose they provide in game. Solving the mystery of Strangerville was super fun! Embarking on a series of tests to become a Spell Caster will be interesting (^‿^) *ᕼᗩᑭᑭY*

You only have 1 'quest' and that's gather motes.
    Agreed. In addition to that I am referring to the fact that in order to raise your status and skill you first must work to hone your craft.

rnKEhBT.png
    "Caster's Alley" Yeah their not subtle about Harry Potter inspiration... AT ALL
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Not even Romeo remembers the name of Granite Falls. Does this mean even the SimGurus think Outdoor Retreat is forgettable? :joy:
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Not even Romeo remembers the name of Granite Falls. Does this mean even the SimGurus think Outdoor Retreat is forgettable? :joy:

hahaha well that might be a little bit much :D:D
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    This was the first livestream I've seen that I've considered watching again -- technical glitches and all. I just remembered that I had to miss some of it because of a phone call, so maybe that's enough justification...
  • luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,769 Member

I am thrilled and cant wait to use the Art Nouveau furniture as its a fave of mine and I Love the Steampunk broom as I do Steampunk builds and sims so I think I will enjoy this pack so much! I just wish they had given us more wall and floor coverings, they never do I dont know why.
  • lazyjuniperlazyjuniper Posts: 65 Member
    Dragon
    mTv6taX.gif

The Sims and The Sims 3 dragons:
    Dj6oF6P.pngptYEEoi.png
    Does TS2 have dragons?

Overall, I really like what I saw so far about this pack. There are no crazy spells like freeze time, but still gameplay looks interesting by judging what they showed.
    I am very curious about curses and actually about everything.
    Crafting and collecting :heart::heart:

New build/buy objects are gorgeus. I think choosen style is perfect. The new world, UI design, build/buy objects gives me major HOMM vibe for some reason (HOMM4, MMH7). Very high fantasy.