Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please return more Family relationships....

I missed being able to see family relationships like Aunt & Uncle (by marriage), Step-family relationships. Remember in Sims 3 when you could even see ex-aunt and ex-uncle? I missed that extra layer of family relationships. Especially at events like weddings when your sim may have a cousin getting married, but doesn't recognize one of the said cousin's parent as a family member.... Maybe add it in a patch?

Comments

• Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    This is so basic. It's unbelievable they haven't added it at this point.
  • Options
    BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    My sims can romance their great grandmother. That's a problem!!
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Yes, this bothers me too. I accidentally had a Sim become romantic with a family member because I thought "embrace" was used the way Google defines it:
    hold (someone) closely in one's arms, especially as a sign of affection.
    "Aunt Sophie embraced her warmly."
    Nope!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    MINEZMINEZ Posts: 792 Member
    Exactly!!! My sim almost married her cousin's father (he was divorced, I play with Mcc story progression). It was allowed in game. I usually have to look in the tree to make sure they're not related
  • Options
    thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 327 Member
    I don't often make or play with extended families for this very reason - I'm always worried I'll accidentally get sims who are related together!!

I THINK there's a marker for cousin at least tho, right?
  • Options
    thecatsred wrote: »
    I don't often make or play with extended families for this very reason - I'm always worried I'll accidentally get sims who are related together!!

Nope. I changed her to be his sister so the game wouldn't keep offering to have them be romantic with each other.

• Options
    thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 327 Member
    Oh no, not even cousin??

Then what is the point of having siblings go on to have their own families if the cousins can accidentally be marked for romance? D:
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Oh no, not even cousin??

Then what is the point of having siblings go on to have their own families if the cousins can accidentally be marked for romance? D:

There is none. I find it very hard to continue a family further than grandchild and none of my sims kids have siblings unless it’s twins, and even if they do only one of them then has kids of their own. I always make sure the older generation has died before great grandchildren start to be born as I can’t bare to see them not know they’re even relatives.

—T
  • Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    edited September 2019
    I play with extended families so I've been waiting for a proper fix. That includes the family tree. I don't understand why they linked ghosts to the portraits.

I'm playing with the newest generations of my favorite sims and it pains me that their families don't remember them. I keep pictures on the walls to pretend they do.
    Oh no, not even cousin??

The game only acknowledges first cousins, aunts/uncles (excluding their spouses), and grandparents.
    Post edited by lunaoddity on
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Oh no, not even cousin??

Nope. I changed her to be his sister so the game wouldn't keep offering to have them be romantic with each other.

You're kidding. I could've sworn that there was a cousin relationship in the game.

Once, I had a brother/sister duo who lived in separate homes in Windenburg. I could've sworn that the kids were called 'cousins' in the relationship tab thing34. Admittedly, that was a very long time ago. But...wow.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    Cynna wrote: »
    Oh no, not even cousin??

You're kidding. I could've sworn that there was a cousin relationship in the game.

Once, I had a brother/sister duo who lived in separate homes in Windenburg. I could've sworn that the kids were called 'cousins' in the relationship tab thing34. Admittedly, that was a very long time ago. But...wow.

I've been doing a lot of relationship manipulation, so it's possible the game didn't recognize their cousin relationship for some reason.

• Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    Oh no, not even cousin??

I've been doing a lot of relationship manipulation, so it's possible the game didn't recognize their cousin relationship for some reason.

It's possible.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    We'll probably get Sims 4 Generations sometime in 2020.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    As long as its not your FIRST Cousin ...its presumbly is OK right? I mean look at Downton Abbey.. Robert's third cousin Reginald Mr. Crawley was a Doctor.. what would that make Matthew and Mary? Matthew's great- grandfather was the younger son of the 3rd Earl of Grantham well the older son is Robert's great-grandfather was the older one. So 3rd cousins once removed?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    As long as its not your FIRST Cousin ...its presumbly is OK right? I mean look at Downton Abbey.. Robert's third cousin Reginald Mr. Crawley was a Doctor.. what would that make Matthew and Mary? Matthew's great- grandfather was the younger son of the 3rd Earl of Grantham well the older son is Robert's great-grandfather was the older one. So 3rd cousins once removed?

Royality have always married cousins whether 1st or 5th. And nieces for that matter.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    StripedSimsStripedSims Posts: 23 Member
    some awkward situations have definitly arrisen because of this, Should be fixed
  • Options
    MINEZMINEZ Posts: 792 Member
    This would a great quarantine patch....
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited April 2020
    I don't understand what you're talking about. The brother of my sims' father gets properly marked as her uncle in the relationship panel. The "cousin" marker is also there where it's supposed to be. I think family relations stop being recognized by the game the more generations are between them (things like great-grandparents), or things like second cousins etc.. basic family relations like grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles have their markers all there. Or do you mean something completely different and I am just too dumb to realize?
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    BrainBlastedBrainBlasted Posts: 42 Member
    I'm fairly sure the ones talked about in this thread are the ones that aren't present. So the daughter of a cousin doesn't show as a cousin. Same with a sister's grandkid showing as unrelated. Those people are obviously still family, but the game doesn't recognize them as such.
    I fix bugs in TS4. Find my fixes here.
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Ah, makes sense. I don't really play big families, no wonder I didn't notice that.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    omgosh yes! And maybe some functional family trees??? The one in the game is so lame...
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    We need the game to reconize Great-Grandparents, 2nd Cousins, Step-Families, In-Laws, Great-Aunts, Great-Uncles & Widows/Widowers.
  • Options
    Lorna08Lorna08 Posts: 98 Member
    > @Bobisbae said:
    > My sims can romance their great grandmother. That's a problem!!
    REALLY?

> @FanPhoria said:
    > omgosh yes! And maybe some functional family trees??? The one in the game is so lame...
    I AGREE
    > @BrainBlasted
    NICE PROFILE PIC
    y7Kh4Ip.png
    Follow me on (S)imstagram @SimmerLorna
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    LOL I love seeing all the resurrected posts to let us know that a year later and we still have not been heard.