Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Worst Expansion Pack?

12346...Next

Comments

• muzemuze Posts: 108 Member
    Island Living
    IL basically has a pretty world and nothing more. Overall a very shallow EP.
  • WhYiSThErEaDuCkWhYiSThErEaDuCk Posts: 8 New Member
    Get Together
    who didnt like get to work? I play with aliens all the time and love decorating builds with items from this pack. Also love a lot of the added careers
  • DuskregnDuskregn Posts: 40 Member
    Cats and Dogs
    I just find cats & dogs so disappointing and limited because i always play with pets and it should be my favourite, and it's not even primarily because it excluded other pets (though that also factors in). So like bewarned and scroll past my post if you're not interested in endless salt about dogs

-There are no water dishes but they are clearly programmed to want to drink so i am forced to let my animals drink from their own puddles of urine or the toilet bowl. Disgästeng ea, let me water my pets
    -The fact that they excluded dog houses because some random simguru said they were abusive or whatever but the only beds we have are pathetically thin mats, where's the consistency? My sim dogs deserve thicc memory foam beds and yes, nice shaded dog houses to chill in out of the sun while my sim does yardwork
    -The fact that i have to use a default replacement leash to get my sims to not use a flexi leash at the vet's like an absolute demon. The umbrella stand function from seasons is GREAT why can't i choose my dogs' leash as well. It's EXTRA annoying bc that little leash hook wall decor with what is clearly a normal leash? It's teasing and it's rude
    -The fact that you can't walk multiple dogs at once, not even as a rabbithole because animation is uwu hard we know. Having multiple dogs shouldn't be a full time job

-The "norse elk shepherd" offends me on a spiritual level, why is it the only made up/misnamed breed?
    -No stubby legs and yet they had the audacity to add "corgis" and "dachshunds" to the breed presets
    -The head shapes, especially on the sighthound and bullterrier presets, have this weird and annoying lump right on the bridge of the nose that just gets worse the more you fiddle with it - why? Just let me make normal roman noses please i am begging
    -Fur textures aren't the same across sizes which is infuriating, & not enough fur textures like why can't i have feathered ears/legs/tails with whatever fur texture i want? Saluki whomst? Chinese crested? Not in this game sweatie! Or why is my otherwise fluffy dog's ears bald inside? Y'all know it's primarily poodles/terriers/spaniels and such that have their ear hairs plucked? & How can i make a snooty sim with a pink poodle if i can't have a continental clip?
    -Why are there just goofy pet clothes and nothing sensible like raincoats, warm coats, or booties?
    -Why did they waste the only small dog harness option on one that is identical to the big dog one except for that ridiculous shark fin tacked on? Who is going to use that and how often? Funny memey options are grand and all but not as the ONLY option

-The stomach slider makes it IMPOSSIBLE to make sighthounds or fit looking dogs, the tuck always looks flabby and stupid
    -The muscle sliders just make their legs bulgy in ways that are bizarre and not remotely like how dogs carry muscle
    -The dog teeth are Not Good™, they look like eerily human buckteeth
    -The gallery poses for small dogs are generally cute, but for big dogs they're mostly just sad (That One sitting pose where they're scooting their butt on the carpet, squinting their eyes and their stupid long tongues lolling out like why. i made you a noble elegant dog and you do this to me. Or the puppy pose that looks like they have severe hip dysplasia excuse me dog legs don't/should not bend that way)
    -The cat whiskers are ridiculously chunky, and no whiskers on dogs :( Dogs have them too ea they're important sensory organs

-The fact that pet training is so empty and pointless and mostly tricks. The fact that i can't train them not to get on human furniture if i have a neat sim, can't train them to do anything but the ugly plastic "agility" course. Would LOVE just rabbithole competitions or something to enter my dogs into
    -The routing for walks in worlds other than brindleton bay is B R O K E N, love when my sim goes for a short walk only to end up stranded on the opposite end of the map peeing themselves and starving to death
    -Why do townies not take care of their pets, why do they only ever take them to the vet when i'm there? I mean i know why but god i don't want to micromanage every townie's pets! I shouldn't need mods to make townies feed/groom their animals
    -Why do pet owners only ever walk their dogs in brindleton bay? Is it because they know the routing elsewhere sucks?
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Get to Work
    Get to Work is easily the worst from these options there is just no reason to use retail everything is already unlocked in buildbuy and CAS boring active careers that feel like a mini game instead of integrated into the game seen in the worlds. Not to mention cash registers dont work and the stupid tablet.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • SeanBobbyGSeanBobbyG Posts: 112 Member
    Get Together
    Omg Get famous is my fave pack ... aside from the bug of the acting career which I hope they will fix I love this pack so much. Get together is my least fave I think.
  • Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member
    edited May 2020
    Cats and Dogs
    A pets EP without actually being able to control the pets is a little useless imo
    ~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~
  • VikVik Posts: 125 Member
    [quote="Duskregn;c-17502180"] -The fact that they excluded dog houses because some random simguru said they were abusive or whatever but the only beds we have are pathetically thin mats, where's the consistency? My sim dogs deserve thicc memory foam beds and yes, nice shaded dog houses to chill in out of the sun while my sim does yardwork [/quote]
    Wow I'm kind of surprised, but I think EA is in Calif so I understand why someone would think that.
  • RapunzelblondeRapunzelblonde Posts: 51 Member
    Get Famous
    There are things to like and dislike about everything, and really it doesn't matter that much to me obviously, because I own them all. LOL! But, I do agree that celebrities can be a nuisance in many situations. For instance, I was playing a sim who owns a flower shop, and she was trying to talk to her customers and get them to buy things, but a celebrity showed up and kept distracting everybody and breaking up conversations. Paparazzi showed up and cluttered my store...it was annoying for sure.
    Also, all sims gaining fame isn't always desirable. What if you don't want your sim to earn fame because you want their life to be normal, but you do want them to make money off of selling their paintings? For those reasons, Get Famous might be my least favorite. But again, the good still outweighs the bad.
  • NimieNimie Posts: 206 Member
    Get to Work
    Get to work for me, I didn't like the gameplay and the active careers were kind of boring to me
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Island Living
    Island living is objectively the worst EP. It would make a great game pack though.
  • CeridwenCeridwen Posts: 228 Member
    Island Living
    I really can't pick one; I use things from all of them I'd consider intergral to my game. If I had to pick one or death, probably Island Living as the live mode aspects don't really do it for me and I'm salty about it being the only place I can build over water (Brindleton Bay does not really count).
  • AmtramAmtram Posts: 11 New Member
    > @auroraael14 said:
    > City living is my least favorite pack. I hate how they did apartments in this expansion, they had an opportunity to add cars but didn't and the city is just set dressing. No city to even explore.

I have to say, though, that this pack gave me a moment that was both the most frustrating and amusing one of all. My child sim went to visit a friend in a penthouse, which caught fire. The residents could go to work or school, but otherwise couldn't get out of the building, because the elevator wouldn't work while the place was on fire. They all stood in the lobby, dying (except my sim, because I could cheat his needs.) I couldn't get my sim out for almost three sim days unless I wanted to lose all my other progress from that game session. As I said, it was getting pretty tired pretty quickly, but watching those idiot NPC Sims getting burned to death because they tried to get to the fridge or the bathroom was *almost* worth it.
  • SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    Island Living
    I waffled between Get Famous and Island Living. Get Famous because of how celebrities just really break how sims act in the world (I had to install a mod to make them less distracting to everyone and it made a huge difference), and Island Living because features of a pack being contained just to the new world that pack introduces should only be a game pack thing (if it must be a thing at all).

Ultimately I went with IL because it feels like to get the most out of that pack, I HAVE to have my sims live on the islands. And that's fine sometimes, but it means in other saves, I'm barely going to use anything from that pack.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Island Living
    Probably said it before, but it's definitely worth saying again: Island Living is the worst
  • sennawalessennawales Posts: 192 Member
    Get to Work
    Get to Work is currently the worst, not because it's bad, but because the game and its ideas have progressed a long way since then, and it's now severely outdated. I appreciate the active careers, but 9 hour shifts, 5 days a week, makes playing families impossible. The careers would benefit greatly from a work from home option. The restriction of crafting access to scientists is also not fun, leaving much of the pack's content unused.

Almost every part of Get to Work has been improved in later packs: City Living's work from home and Get Famous' shorter work hours and gig system are better than GtW's active careers; Dine Out's restaurant system, as much as it has flaws, is better than GtW's retail; Vampires and spellcasters are better than GtW's aliens; Maraschino stuff pack made photography better.
  • daisy1989daisy1989 Posts: 87 Member
    Get to Work
    Following the active careers in Get to Work soon became boring and repetitive and I rarely use any of the CAS or build/buy objects.

Also someone mentioned it was unrealistic how in the doctor career if a patient came into the hospital and collapsed then the doctor would just beckon them to follow and the patient would just wake up again. I thought maybe they could have at least added an animation showing the doctor carry the patient to their room or something! And instead of building relationships with every single patient having a separate menu for bedside manner?

This was the first EP I got and I soon got disappointed!
    Check out my YouTube channel @ DaisySims
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited June 2020
    Get to Work
    I dislike EP04 Cats & Dogs but I don't think it's a bad EP.

EP01 Get To Work is :
    • good for the Retail part
    • less good for the Doctor and Detective careers : the gameplay is restricted to the work time and the coworker are decorative.
    • weak for the aliens : No technology, tiny planet, the gameplay is null it's a shocked after the amazing TS3 version
    • disappointing for the world : Magnolia Promenade is small
    • disappointing for the Photography skill : Moschino Stuff fixed this big mistake.
  • SambylaSambyla Posts: 31 Member
    Get to Work
    Tiny world and doesn't expand the game. 3 careers is nice, but there really should be more going on. Shops are so useless too. And I even haven't mentioned aliens yet. They are made so poorly that lot's of times I don't even remember they exists.
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Get Together
    Get Together. It really should have just been a GP.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • armcd73armcd73 Posts: 6 New Member
    Get to Work
    I don’t have Get Together, so the worst one I have is Get to Work. I hate the illnesses (they never leave a freakin household) and the aliens are kinda pointless. I made an alien once and it was basically just a blue sim. I like the interactive jobs, like the Doctor and the Police jobs, but after a while it’s just the same old thing and it gets kinda boring. Also, you get that with City Living a bit too, and I like the actor career way better than doctor or police. Anyway, I’m not really a fan of Get to Work. (But from what I’ve heard I think I’d hate Get together more)...
  • l0keyrosel0keyrose Posts: 71 Member
    Get to Work
    I like all, but from get to work I got bored after a few weeks after doing all jobs with my sims,
  • EteyraEteyra Posts: 26 Member
    Get Famous
    Get Famous.
    I was really hoping for the return of music bands. Nope. Only an actor career. Not even the career of an agent, or a manager. Come on, there was so many careers to boost with this.
    The city could have been amazing but it's tiny, you either have a small house in the suburbs, or a giant one on the hills, that's it.

And the celebrity aspect... it could be fun, but it's a nightmare. I can't stand the fact that every time a celebrity goes to a public location, all the sims around (including ours) shift their attentions solely on them. It was fun at first, but when your sims can't even go to a restaurant or a retail store without sims fainting all around and paparazzi snapping their cameras at a smug Brytani Cho...

If we could deactivate the celebrity trait like in the sims 3 it could change every thing. Like it's good for our sim to not get involve with this, but I wish other celebrities could have their "famous aura" (not sure how to call that) turn off.

Close second is Island Living, great idea, beautiful world, nowhere near enough gameplay. I really hope they will work again on it.
  • irishdragon7irishdragon7 Posts: 124 Member
    > @Duskregn said:
    > I just find cats & dogs so disappointing and limited because i always play with pets and it should be my favourite, and it's not even primarily because it excluded other pets (though that also factors in). So like bewarned and scroll past my post if you're not interested in endless salt about dogs
    >
    > -There are no water dishes but they are clearly programmed to want to drink so i am forced to let my animals drink from their own puddles of urine or the toilet bowl. Disgästeng ea, let me water my pets
    > -The fact that they excluded dog houses because some random simguru said they were abusive or whatever but the only beds we have are pathetically thin mats, where's the consistency? My sim dogs deserve thicc memory foam beds and yes, nice shaded dog houses to chill in out of the sun while my sim does yardwork
    > -The fact that i have to use a default replacement leash to get my sims to not use a flexi leash at the vet's like an absolute demon. The umbrella stand function from seasons is GREAT why can't i choose my dogs' leash as well. It's EXTRA annoying bc that little leash hook wall decor with what is clearly a normal leash? It's teasing and it's rude
    > -The fact that you can't walk multiple dogs at once, not even as a rabbithole because animation is uwu hard we know. Having multiple dogs shouldn't be a full time job
    >
    > -The "norse elk shepherd" offends me on a spiritual level, why is it the only made up/misnamed breed?
    > -No stubby legs and yet they had the audacity to add "corgis" and "dachshunds" to the breed presets
    > -The head shapes, especially on the sighthound and bullterrier presets, have this weird and annoying lump right on the bridge of the nose that just gets worse the more you fiddle with it - why? Just let me make normal roman noses please i am begging
    > -Fur textures aren't the same across sizes which is infuriating, & not enough fur textures like why can't i have feathered ears/legs/tails with whatever fur texture i want? Saluki whomst? Chinese crested? Not in this game sweatie! Or why is my otherwise fluffy dog's ears bald inside? Y'all know it's primarily poodles/terriers/spaniels and such that have their ear hairs plucked? & How can i make a snooty sim with a pink poodle if i can't have a continental clip?
    > -Why are there just goofy pet clothes and nothing sensible like raincoats, warm coats, or booties?
    > -Why did they waste the only small dog harness option on one that is identical to the big dog one except for that ridiculous shark fin tacked on? Who is going to use that and how often? Funny memey options are grand and all but not as the ONLY option
    >
    > -The stomach slider makes it IMPOSSIBLE to make sighthounds or fit looking dogs, the tuck always looks flabby and stupid
    > -The muscle sliders just make their legs bulgy in ways that are bizarre and not remotely like how dogs carry muscle
    > -The dog teeth are Not Good™, they look like eerily human buckteeth
    > -The gallery poses for small dogs are generally cute, but for big dogs they're mostly just sad (That One sitting pose where they're scooting their butt on the carpet, squinting their eyes and their stupid long tongues lolling out like why. i made you a noble elegant dog and you do this to me. Or the puppy pose that looks like they have severe hip dysplasia excuse me dog legs don't/should not bend that way)
    > -The cat whiskers are ridiculously chunky, and no whiskers on dogs :( Dogs have them too ea they're important sensory organs
    >
    > -The fact that pet training is so empty and pointless and mostly tricks. The fact that i can't train them not to get on human furniture if i have a neat sim, can't train them to do anything but the ugly plastic "agility" course. Would LOVE just rabbithole competitions or something to enter my dogs into
    > -The routing for walks in worlds other than brindleton bay is B R O K E N, love when my sim goes for a short walk only to end up stranded on the opposite end of the map peeing themselves and starving to death
    > -Why do townies not take care of their pets, why do they only ever take them to the vet when i'm there? I mean i know why but god i don't want to micromanage every townie's pets! I shouldn't need mods to make townies feed/groom their animals
    > -Why do pet owners only ever walk their dogs in brindleton bay? Is it because they know the routing elsewhere sucks?

@Duskregn
    I COMPLETELY agree with you on this! I was so very disappointed because Sims 3 pets had so much. I really thought Sims 4 would be even better but no.

So dog houses were removed because they were "abusive," but flexi-leashes remained? Those leashes are the bane of every Vet's existence. An owner has zero control over their dog with them. And of course there should be a water dish! Besides, dogs should have some shelter available outside.

They definitely need to fix/add everything you listed. Because your list is so exhaustive, I would only add the following:
    -service dogs
    -wheelchairs for dogs and cats
    -vet career path at university
  • pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    Get to Work
    I choose get to work. IMO in this expansion all the careers should be active (if the player had the option to follow the sim or not, meaning no obligation to follow) The business feature is very very poor. We should be able to own a nightclub, a spa or whatever we want and make profit from it. And even with the business we have we cannot hire a manager and control from home... In sims 2 you could be a business tycoon and have a lots of shops with a manager to run them. Island living was my 2nd option but I love the fact that we can swim in the ocean and going to the beach
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    Get to Work
    For me it's Get to Work. One thing I will never understand is how they didn't include grocery and convenience stores in this pack. Would've made it more complete imo because despite the three playable careers and Magnolia Promenade, this pack feels very empty to me. I don't like the retail system because the shops always end up looking like a live-mode display of the game's BB category. Personally, I don't see the point in Sims buying items that I can get them from Build/Buy mode with one click. I think they should've made new retail items that are locked in BB-mode (but accessible with a cheat). Also, where are the retail-specific gameplay items (like the ones in the Sims 2 Open for Business)? Toy displays, grocery racks, game racks, shopping carts or even shopping trolleys if animating carts was too difficult.. They could've done so much with this pack, and I'm quite disappointed with it.