Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More use for books and more genres.

I'd like it if books had more of a use, not just the skillbooks and the vampire lore.
I was thinking something like, if you read storybooks the sim could tell more stories depending on what or how many storybooks they read.
Also more lore books in the style of the vampire lore but they would simply add more interactions (being able to talk and maybe give lessons about certain lore), for writers also to be able to write more categories by reading more of those (instead of being linked to a mood or a skilllevel).

Here are some ideas:

1. Occult Lore be able to talk about it and lecture, have more convers options with occults
2. Ghoststories be able to tell frightening stories, keeps children up at night, may give sims nightmares
3. Fairytales be able to tell magical stories, specially good for getting children to sleep and keeps the monster from showing up
4. Comicbooks get inspired, be able to paint comicbookstyle paintings
5. Books about pets/animals adds convers options, be able to lecture, better realionships with pets, easier pettraining
6. Mental Health adds convers options to remove others and own bad moods, options to calm mind by talking a walk, painting and more

Also showcases for books, as I find them quite decorative and it would go well with libraries.

Do you care about books at all?
What would you want your sims to be able to read (and what should the book do)?
Gallery ID: ra7orrat

Comments

• Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I wish we could choose Book Covers I think It's Fantasy Genre Book Cover I don't like, I wish sims wrote a "Fantasy" had that Brick texture with the sword on it
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    SageOfGlimmerBrookSageOfGlimmerBrook Posts: 397 Member
    very good idea! and original too. never seen this thought before, but it would add depth to the game.
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited August 2019
    Yeah it bothers me how reading books hardly amounts to anything unless its a skill book
    I wish we could get momentary hidden trait from reading some books

like for example if your sim read loads of mystery books and tried to socialize
    they'd suddenly get paranoid like ''can't trust anyone in this room''
    and have some paranoid interactions :joy:

also it would be nice to get writing skill for example from reading any book
    because people who read loads often become better writers in process

and id really love to get pop ups from books in a form of small stories
    maybe make history books with a sort of mystery to unravel

also miss newspapers or magazines of any kind

and second about the book display though I wish there was blank ''storage shelf'' for books
    so I could actually have ''bookshelf'' with real books because it always seems rather unrealistic to me
    that my sims own 3 books to read and the bookshelf is full of books and I can't put decorative items in anywhere I like
    and it just always looks the same :(

(and please have wall height 2 or 3 bookcases too gah that random gap at the top makes my brain angry)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    I love books irl and I love how books were represented in The Sims 3. I’d like to have those features return in this game.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    DreamCytcherDreamCytcher Posts: 168 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Yeah it bothers me how reading books hardly amounts to anything unless its a skill book
    I wish we could get momentary hidden trait from reading some books

like for example if your sim read loads of mystery books and tried to socialize
    they'd suddenly get paranoid like ''can't trust anyone in this room''
    and have some paranoid interactions :joy:

also it would be nice to get writing skill for example from reading any book
    because people who read loads often become better writers in process

and id really love to get pop ups from books in a form of small stories
    maybe make history books with a sort of mystery to unravel

also miss newspapers or magazines of any kind

and second about the book display though I wish there was blank ''storage shelf'' for books
    so I could actually have ''bookshelf'' with real books because it always seems rather unrealistic to me
    that my sims own 3 books to read and the bookshelf is full of books and I can't put decorative items in anywhere I like
    and it just always looks the same :(

(and please have wall height 2 or 3 bookcases too gah that random gap at the top makes my brain angry)

This is it. At least make reading something meaningful and enjoyable for us players even though it doesn't mean anything for the sims.
  • Options
    craftaholiccraftaholic Posts: 447 Member
    I would also like to be able to give away signed copies of the books I have written.
    Stop me if you've heard this one: a sim walks into a bar....player moves bar out of the way.....sim walks on without walking into anything else.
  • Options
    M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    Love this idea! :)