Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I think University is OVERRATED!

Comments

• ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,404 Member
    I used to love it when I was younger--Sims 3 was partially during my college years. But now that I've just finished my master's and am a bit older I'm not as enthused. Will I buy it? Most likely yes, but I'm not gung-ho for it like some players. Realm of Magic, on the other hand, I'm super excited for.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    I could make a list of things that people have demanded to be put in the game. Things that I personally don't care about. It's OK. I can share the game with others.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I'd rather have an Active School day for Teenagers, because most of my story happens at School. How my sim meets his first girlfriend, How his best friend has a crush on the most beautiful popular girl in school and the Governor's Daughter but is snagged by his ex-best friend. Juggling magic his new found powers and teenage hormones, + literal daemons that come for him.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • thelawtmanthelawtman Posts: 1,424 Member
    After 3 degrees the last thing I want to do is send my Sims to University. I also never cared for Seasons or Pets expansions either and have received a fair bit of forum abuse because I don't worship those packs.
    Could it possibly get uglier? I used to be a highly respected watcher, and now I'm a wounded dwarf with the mystical strength of a doily. I just wish I could sleep. - Rupert Giles

lpOEB4y.gif MeEUgvO.gif
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    edited August 2019
    You don't have to like all the packs that are released or being released. I for one don't like the occults and never play them, but guess what they released them and they should have. Everyone plays the sims differently.

I see university as a milestone for young adults. It also adds a lot of game play. It is a family players pack. I'm behind the university pack whenever they get around to it. It would be nice to have a separate pack for kids and teens schooling as well so that we have more of a variety for those age groups as well.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I always found it boring even in Sims 2 but I know a lot of people want it so I am not going to step on their dreams haha.

I active class in 3 was boring. Time went too fast and I didn't have time to really have my sims party in Sims 2 and 3. I had more fun in sims 2 University than 3 though. I just hope 4 will allow more than one family at the University so I can work it into my rotation. I don't want to be stuck only sending one family there. If I cannot send more than one family, I may skip it. Seasons already was tough to work around with rotation. I am stuck playing my families 4 weeks before rotating and some families are just too boring for 4 sims weeks.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited August 2019
    I’m not fussed on whether we get it or not. I commuted to uni every day (it was 10 minutes from my parents’ house) and thank goodness for that because I had no interest in dorm life. And I feel much the same about it in TS4.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    My sims are on hold until we get University.
    I really enjoy sending my sims. TS2 was a serious grindfest and I had to get creative to really enjoy it.
    I loved that TS3 allowed you to bring your sims home after a year was complete to have a break before sending them back for the next year.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I went to college a long, long time ago but in some ways I never had the "college experience" due to working while attending classes. It was a lot of fun in The Sims 3 and I wouldn't mind seeing it in The Sims 4.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    I wonder if they will allow our already created young adults to be enrolled...? Or if it's only exclusive to teens (where they will grow to young adults when they are enrolled, like back in TS2). I don't know how it's like in TS3. Someone enlighten me. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    I wonder if they will allow our already created young adults to be enrolled...? Or if it's only exclusive to teens (where they will grow to young adults when they are enrolled, like back in TS2). I don't know how it's like in TS3. Someone enlighten me. XD

In TS3 any YA, A or E sim can enroll in university at any time in the game using the phone so it'll probably be like that
  • FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    I've never understood why so many people like university in The Sims!

I will only be for it if its a pack that is based on upgrading the whole schooling system. Active school days for children and teens, teacher career, preschool for the toddlers (though still hoping for a Generations EP in the future), university, homeschooling, boarding schools...

What do you think?

I would like to see a school system like in Yandere Simulator (without all the murdering of course :D ) where you can join groups, befriend students and attend classes.
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I'm a university student and I enjoy it, I also want my Sims to experience it and perhaps do things in their uni that I can't do/am unwilling to do in mine. In real life, I'd never join a sorority, but I'd love to make my Sims lead one.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I hated university (both in S2-S3 and in real life), but I'm hoping for a pack that does more than previous packs did. I know people will complain that it's 'watered-down' if it isn't like previous games, but some of us would like an education pack that is less linear. Previous university packs were incredibly restrictive in terms of game play. I'm hoping for options that will work with family play.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I have to agree with you. I think for me though it is at least partly because I have been a student in real life and so simulating the experience no longer appeals like it did in previous games. I'm also not from America, where university life seems quite different. I do understand why it is popular though as it can really add to the life cycle of a sim and for many people it is a big part of life. I also think I could still find a lot to enjoy in a university/education themed pack if it brings for example homeschooling and open courses, practical as well as academic subjects, new careers, hobbies, traits etc.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I did go to university and it played a big part in my life. I was someone who couldn't wait to get out of secondary/high school.

I'm not obsessed with replaying it but I agree with wanting the immersive aspect in the game. I would like to see a comprehensive education pack with different options for sims. That would add to the developmental depth of sims.

I would allow them to have different types of educational experiences.

What I'm less interested in though I know it will be necessary is the high school experience. I want it from an immersive point of view but it's just a phase for my sims to go through. I know that others will feel very differently and I'd be fine with allowing that to happen.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • doublenoodlesdoublenoodles Posts: 89 Member
    It's helps with distinguishing between young adult and adult life stages which feel the same at the moment. And I'm at university in real life so I would like my sims to go.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I don't. I think University is underrated.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited August 2019
    I would also like it if it builds on education and not just another pack to bring in partying junk. We have too much of that already and club group interactions, so imo, Education needs to be just that from preschool, to grade school, highschool, and college. Boarding school and private schools as well as dorms sounds great. I hope we get only dorms instead of a house to rent/stay in.
    We would never get all that in one pack. University needs to come on its own like its always been so that way they add the necessary items. New world, school system, dorm system, etc. I really don’t want some half-baked “school” pack.

That's usually what I say, because we never get as much content as we did in Sims3. It's possible, because all the school levels could be the same, just changed slightly for each age group. Dorms could build off City Living with an upgrade. We did get 3 full careers with GoTo Work, so breaking down the teaching career into preschool, grade school, highschool, and college is possible making each upgrade depending on leveling up and skills.
  • Bluefairy286Bluefairy286 Posts: 254 Member
    It's a big part of life and people who like the real life simulator part of The Sims, would love to have their sims experience University life.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »
    I would also like it if it builds on education and not just another pack to bring in partying junk. We have too much of that already and club group interactions, so imo, Education needs to be just that from preschool, to grade school, highschool, and college. Boarding school and private schools as well as dorms sounds great. I hope we get only dorms instead of a house to rent/stay in.
    We would never get all that in one pack. University needs to come on its own like its always been so that way they add the necessary items. New world, school system, dorm system, etc. I really don’t want some half-baked “school” pack.

That's usually what I say, because we never get as much content as we did in Sims3. It's possible, because all the school levels could be the same, just changed slightly for each age group. Dorms could build off City Living with an upgrade. We did get 3 full careers with GoTo Work, so breaking down the teaching career into preschool, grade school, highschool, and college is possible making each upgrade depending on leveling up and skills.

I’m gonna have to disagree, what you’re saying is wayyy too much for one pack. Would I like to see it, yes. Do I think we will, no.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    edited August 2019
    I just spent the weekend playing University Life in TS3 I've sent Malcolm Landgraab, Lisa & Ethan Bunch and Miraj & VJ Alvi to University and I just love the experiences I've created with these sims.

Malcolm plans to take over his families real estate business and dreams of bringing Sunset Valley to unimaginable heights. He'll need a lot of different skills to accomplish his goal and plans to earn at least 3 degrees. Sadly, all his time at Uni takes him away from his aging parents and his fiancee Parker Langerak.

Lisa and VJ have been dating since high school and are a force to be reckoned with. They plan to use their business degrees to start a global crime syndicate. Of course, VJ will have to actually show up to class for that to happen. They care for one another but their relationship is built on using each other and everyone around them. Who knows if it will last.

Ethan is studying technology and plans to take on the same sense of service his father has. While Lisa is universially despised at school, Ethan is universally loved... literally. Everyone wants him and he wants eveeyone. Still, Ethan feels he may not want a family like the one he grew up with.

Miraj is a bit wishy washy with his schooling. He's studying Phys Ed right now but he's not settled on a career path just yet. Either way, he's bound to spend as much time at Uni as possible. Miraj considers himself a catch but none of the girls in his class have noticed. Let's just say he has a lot of female friends.

This is why I love University Expansions in the Sims. I like that it allows me to broaden my siks horizons while giving them a short term goal that could impact much of their life.
  • suzy21suzy21 Posts: 7 New Member
    I wish we could travel with the children & teens to their school just get to work!
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    afai1261 wrote: »
    DeKay wrote: »

In TS3 any YA, A or E sim can enroll in university at any time in the game using the phone so it'll probably be like that

Oh wut?! That's cool! Haha! Hopefully, they will do that for TS4 too.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    My sims are on hold until we get University.
    I really enjoy sending my sims. TS2 was a serious grindfest and I had to get creative to really enjoy it.
    I loved that TS3 allowed you to bring your sims home after a year was complete to have a break before sending them back for the next year.

I’m on the same boat. Sim break until Uni comes out!