Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SIms 4 Island Living "OFF the grid" is really confusing me!!!!

SO I didn't realize there were lots that were off the grid on the island... I went through building a REALLY cool home for the Sim/Mermaid I had just created... when I placed a light in the! kitchen, I clicked on it so I could see to build the rest of it... lo' and behold... there are no lights! That's when I realized HEY there's no electricity... and no plumbing... after googling I saw why.. haha off the grid means OFF the grid!
SO... I'm writing a chapter by chapter story/book where I use the sims for pictures. Part of the story I wanted to have my sims go on vacation... on the beach preferably with electricity and plumbing! I decided to look around the island and see if maybe there were some lots that didn't show up as "Off the grid"... there were!!! I got excited and moved my sims to one of those lots (after saving my previous home to my gallery)... I then bulldozed the lot and added the home I just built... I tested it even after I placed my sims (before bulldozing) and it still showed it wasn't off the grid... I felt safe and went with it... soon as I placed my home..it became "OFF the grid" again! Wt?? So I go to manage worlds and click on another house that wasn't off the grid... one that was placed there by EA (or whoever created the game lol)... I played the sims living in the home that wasn't off the grid for a bit...even added a tv... TV worked, no problem.. plumbing, eletc..etc... but when I decided to bulldoze THAT lot and move my home in it... it became OFF the grid yet again!!! WTH? WHY? I just want my electricity and plumbing for one family...can I not have it? LOL any suggestions???

Comments

• Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    It's probably because the home was built on a lot with the off the grid lot trait and it saves it with the trait. Did you open up the info for the lot and remove the trait?
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited August 2019
    What Anmirla said, the lots are saved with the traits they have when you save them, except for locked traits like "oceanic paradise" from IL and some others in CL, Off the grid is not locked so you can remove and add it anywhere.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    RebeccaJeanine71RebeccaJeanine71 Posts: 31 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »
    It's probably because the home was built on a lot with the off the grid lot trait and it saves it with the trait. Did you open up the info for the lot and remove the trait?

Yeah, I figured that out shortly after I posted this lol... wish I had figured it out before I bulldozed most the lots lol!!! Oh well, I'll add some island homes on there later... SO here's another one for ya'll!!! lol I was building the kitchen...used white counters, fridge, and stove... I'll place a screenshot below... as you'll see in the photo, after placing lights on the ceiling and walls...everything lights up minus the counters and appliances... strange cuz I never had that issue before!

OK guess I won't place a photo... not sure how to do an image url lol... i guess ya'll will have to imagine it :P
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    :D Glad you got it sorted out.
    Since I only recently started building in TS4 (this weekend actually :D ), I never thought about this until I read your thread. I can definitely picture you left baffled by the situation - I would've been the same until I calmed down and it dawned on me. ;)
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    RebeccaJeanine71RebeccaJeanine71 Posts: 31 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »
    :D Glad you got it sorted out.
    Since I only recently started building in TS4 (this weekend actually :D ), I never thought about this until I read your thread. I can definitely picture you left baffled by the situation - I would've been the same until I calmed down and it dawned on me. ;)

Thank you! I am too lol!!!