Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Items disappearing from inventory

I had a fully upgraded Sim Ray with all the bells and whistles vanish from my Sim's inventory, and didn't know why. Now I had my hand crafted guitar and a violin go missing. But I now realize I was analyzing samples, and one said something about the sample was destroyed by whatever my sim put in there, and I now think that that's what did it (which would be another bug). Anyone have any similar occurrences?

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    A while back I had all my sims lose everything in their personal inventory. What I had done was I had unmarked the household as played, and if memory serves me correct I think I had deleted my cache files as well. At first, it took me a bit to figure out what was going on, and I tested it a couple of other times to see, and the results were the same.

I'm not saying this is what is going on in your game, but that was what happened in mine.
  • ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    Yeah, that can happen. I've just been playing the one house though, and I didn't lose all my items in inventory, just a few, and while I was playing. But now that I think about it, all those I lost are things you use and then put back into inventory. It may very well be a mod conflict with the game, but I was wondering if anyone else had it happen before I looked at that.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited August 2019
    The only thing that should be destroyed while analyzing is what you are analyzing... plant, crystal, metal and I don't think it always happens. So yeah if one of your crafted items went missing it's a bug or mod thing. So these are things you crafted on the woodworking table? You could have also left it somewhere maybe... did you check household inventory?
    egTcBMc.png
  • Nettis2009Nettis2009 Posts: 1 New Member
    Does anyone have a sim job in Conservationist career? EA has a bug report "Analyzing ocean samples make inventory vanish".
    Things disappear from personal inventory when analyzing ocean samples.
  • ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    Nettis2009 wrote: »
    Does anyone have a sim job in Conservationist career? EA has a bug report "Analyzing ocean samples make inventory vanish".
    Things disappear from personal inventory when analyzing ocean samples.

Thanks for this; so it is a bug. Lost a couple more things, but I've finished and quit the career now. Beautiful world, but buggy game play.
  • DeboraHurnDeboraHurn Posts: 2 New Member
    Been happening to me all day. In college for Drama Degree - homework has disappeared 3 times, now knitting bag is gone. Random Bluebells (6-9 of them) have been showing up in her inventory.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    edited August 2020
    I keep having things disapear all the time. especially homework. my latest was a whole hose hold off furniture, I was playing one sim and decided to move the house hold to a new home while I was playing the dad away from home. I took him to a junk yard in another pat of town. decided to move them all to this house, so I got him to select move home and when it loaded I selected keep furniture, when they all arrived it was all gone. there furniture and the furniture in the house, all gone, and the game didnt give me the money for it either. so i cheated and did kaching a lot. but it takes away all the plumbing that had been upgraded and all the things they found that we kept. including the hard to find plants.
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top