Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What would be your dream career in the sims 4?

If a new career was added which one would you choose as your dream career? This would include the idea that you would be able to go to work with your sims.

What would be your dream career in the sims 4? 84 votes

Military
5%
Bagoas77Jultan3poltergeistizecsonfox_corpse 5 votes
Singer
39%
GalacticGalLaBlue0314Thunderbat87ravynwolvfPaigeisin5goodcakebaker62kittymeowXxAirixXannaliese39ChadSims2HermitgirljooxisFanPhoriacomicsforlifeHopeyStarrEvilyn_1007PeppermixGamingTweety0xx_Simmer_xx0RavenSpit 33 votes
Professor
26%
aprilrosemock68loubyloulouKiaraSims4ModsGemsGaloretaydevChampandGirlieLissyK9the_greenplumbobFelicity1169adduapinakappowanloutredorAbraKadabraSimaniteAshleyAORodaTodilooListentoToppDoggDianesims 22 votes
Archeologist
13%
AlrynnnolurkMariefoxprice83KhrisstynefloridameerkatJa_rdeRae357DaWaterRattelemwillMorkovkaCaprianaB 11 votes
Farmer
15%
zagboorulesCheekybitsMoonfoxNightcrySimmerMarsBridgetKVEnkiSchmidtRedShoe7LivinityRiverX2BananasLordOfTendonsWispyenetney52Kimmer 13 votes

Comments

• RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Singer
    Definitely singer! But professor would be awesome too. I'll also take bandleader, music manager, and saxophonist. 😁
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Military
    Active Military
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    Military
    from your choices, military or singer. actually, really any active career would be okay with me, we need more.
    but i also want the ghost hunter career back.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Singer
    I'm tied on singer and archaeologist. I find it strange/disappointing that JA added the archaeology skill, but no career for it. Also strange that we haven't had a singer or rock star career yet. I'm sure that's been a basic career in most of the other games?
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    Singer
    I would love a singing career and the ability to be in bands. I would want this to be an active career

I would also like to be a professor but this doesn’t have to be an active career for me.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Singer
    def singer, with like gigs like the actor career, so like rock concert, musical, music video, opera (I would love opera, with opera costumes and such, I already build an opera as a nightclub, complete with stage), also including new songs of course.
    Professor would be neat too, I guess that kinda falls in the university EP category?

Besides the ones listed, I would love a professional dancer career with two branches: modern dance and classical ballet.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Singer
    Singer with a back up band. I don't want to have my sim be a rock singer though so I hope there is good variation when it comes.
    We have military .. wanted that. Also want farmer but not as a structured career. I can't see an educational career being more than a rabbithole.. I think we need it though.
    egTcBMc.png
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Singer
    I would love an official singer career, as well as a professional dancer career. An archaeologist and professor/teacher career would be great too. I also really want more 'every day' careers, particularly for my handy sims, e.g. repairman, architect/builder, mechanic etc.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Professor
    I’d like a playable teacher career. Also a lawyer career would be nice.
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    Archeologist
    Either archaeologist or farmer, but I chose archaeologist because I actually have a couple currently working as self-employed archaeologists, and I would love for that to be an actual career.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Singer
    I'm going to go with singer
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Very random options.
  • jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    Singer
    I would like to have all of those! I didn't want to choose just one, but I did want to vote. :D
    I'm tied on singer and archaeologist. I find it strange/disappointing that JA added the archaeology skill, but no career for it. Also strange that we haven't had a singer or rock star career yet. I'm sure that's been a basic career in most of the other games?
    @amber_ilumire
    I agree. We can hope that career could be added later, with some improvements as well.
    I would love a singing career and the ability to be in bands. I would want this to be an active career

I would also like to be a professor but this doesn’t have to be an active career for me.
    @Evilyn_1007
    I also think that active career would be better for that than rabbit hole one. And yes for the ability to be in bands!
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    def singer, with like gigs like the actor career, so like rock concert, musical, music video, opera (I would love opera, with opera costumes and such, I already build an opera as a nightclub, complete with stage), also including new songs of course.
    Professor would be neat too, I guess that kinda falls in the university EP category?

Besides the ones listed, I would love a professional dancer career with two branches: modern dance and classical ballet.
    @RavenSpit
    Yes, that would work well with that, I think, definitely with different kind of gigs! I also want that professional dancer career, and those would be great branches for that! I really just want ballet in this game, and other different kind of dancing styles/skills.

Professor/Teacher would be perfect for some education related pack, be it university or something else. I hope that's coming soon! :)
    Singer
    @jj_____ I too miss different dancingstyles, most of all couples dancing like ballroom but I guess that'd be better as a hobbyskill than a career.

• jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    Singer
    @RavenSpit
    Yes, definitely couples dancing and even some kind of group dancing would be nice to have. Hopefully we will get something like those soon!
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,547 Member
    Singer
    We already have military, if you own StrangerVille. I have a singer in my game at this moment, thanks to Sacrificial's Road to Fame, which he tweaked to augment GF. I'm having a blast. One career I would love to see, however, is a lawyer. This would have to be one you could follow to their job, for it to be fun. I'm a huge fan of Perry Mason, and Matlock. Would love to have my Detective break the culprit and my Lawyer Sim either get them locked up for good, or to get them off. Depends on which side of the courtroom you're on. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Singer
    We already have military, if you own StrangerVille. I have a singer in my game at this moment, thanks to Sacrificial's Road to Fame, which he tweaked to augment GF. I'm having a blast. One career I would love to see, however, is a lawyer. This would have to be one you could follow to their job, for it to be fun. I'm a huge fan of Perry Mason, and Matlock. Would love to have my Detective break the culprit and my Lawyer Sim either get them locked up for good, or to get them off. Depends on which side of the courtroom you're on. ;)

Does Road to Fame conflict at all with Get Famous?

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Archeologist
    Archaeologist sounds the most fun to me.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited August 2019
    Other

I'd like to be a Supernatural Scientist, which I'm seriously hoping is added with ROM.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Professor
    Professor/Teacher.

Before I saw what Strangerville offered, I might have said military too, but that career looks so barebones and boring, which is a shame as it's one I really wanted.
  • _000key_000key Posts: 168 Member
    Professor
    I can imagine going to the university or any educational Institution and have different situations happen while I teach as a professor who also likes to be an archeologist on the side and shares the archeology finds with the universities library/museum area. Which means we go back to how important a university pack is.
  • SimCarlexSimCarlex Posts: 349 Member
    edited August 2019
    Storm chaser.
    I once started a Sims blog called My Sims Pieces (snapshots and stories from the lives of my Sims) and maybe I'll get back to it one day...
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Singer
    I would say military but that was destroyed with how basic they made it in Strangerville...

So my other option is singer... I would love a band feature with full control being able to pick your band members from your own Sims not townies, who plays what instrument, what genre of music you play, a stage object that can be placed on community lots like bars or nightclub where you can be paid to play.

Obviously I don't expect them to put in the effort to put in features like this to make it fun so most likely it would end in another career I'd never use.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited August 2019
    Everything from here + part-time jobs. Thanks.

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Career_tracks
    > The Sims 4 hasn't even hit half of this list.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
    Singer
    Other

I'd like to be a Supernatural Scientist, which I'm seriously hoping is added with ROM.

what's a Supernatural Scientist?
    It sounds good but what would it actually be?