Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tips on how to make my game run smoother?

AuburnRedGurlAuburnRedGurl Posts: 22 Member
edited August 2019 in The Sims 3 Bugs & Issues
My game lags a lot. I don't really notice it that much anymore since it's still playable, but it would be nice if it ran smoother. I've tried deleting the cache files, DCBackup files, FeaturedItems files, etc. I use Game Booster, but I'm not sure if it makes a difference. I don't use any CC, other than a few gameplay mods and NRaas mods. I think it's the NRaas mods that are slowing my game down so much (other than my graphics settings, but I'm scared to touch those), as they are for 1.67/1.69 and I am running 1.63. (I bought the game and all expansions in a bundle on eBay for about $5.25, and it was stated that the most recent patch it can run stably is 1.63. Shady, I know, but I couldn't afford to spend $100 on Origin to complete my collection. It runs completely fine other than the lag.)

I'll post my dxdiag. Any tips on how to help me would be greatly appreciated. I will lower my graphics settings if need be.

how do i post my dxdiag without exceeding the character limit...?

Post edited by AuburnRedGurl on

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I'm very sorry but you are playing what sounds like the Complete Collection, which is a pirated version of the game that has been repackaged and resold. While being stuck on Patch 1.63 and using our mods intended for 1.67/69 may very well be part of the problem, there really is no support to be had for such a game install especially here on the site run by the company that produced and sells the legitimate version of the game nor at NRaas (nor anywhere, really).

What many players who have purchased such collections have found is that it cannot be modded at all, so you are actually a bit ahead of the curve on that front (not that knowing that is really much help).

I don't know how many critical EP/SPs you were missing on the Origin version. But Steam is an authorized reseller of the game and periodically throughout the year they have the entire thing, the base game and all of the packs, on sale for at least 75% off. The big sales are always in June and December, there are unannounced specials all of the time -- one of them was just a couple of weeks ago on some but not all of the packs. If you can get the ones you are missing that way at around $5 each, and use the Origin codes they throw in with these purchases at no extra charge instead of doing up a Steam install, perhaps that would be a more affordable and supportable way to proceed for you.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • AuburnRedGurlAuburnRedGurl Posts: 22 Member
    igazor wrote:
    I'm very sorry but you are playing what sounds like the Complete Collection, which is a pirated version of the game that has been repackaged and resold. While being stuck on Patch 1.63 and using our mods intended for 1.67/69 may very well be part of the problem, there really is no support to be had for such a game install especially here on the site run by the company that produced and sells the legitimate version of the game nor at NRaas (nor anywhere, really).

What many players who have purchased such collections have found is that it cannot be modded at all, so you are actually a bit ahead of the curve on that front (not that knowing that is really much help).

I don't know how many critical EP/SPs you were missing on the Origin version. But Steam is an authorized reseller of the game and periodically throughout the year they have the entire thing, the base game and all of the packs, on sale for at least 75% off. The big sales are always in June and December, there are unannounced specials all of the time -- one of them was just a couple of weeks ago on some but not all of the packs. If you can get the ones you are missing that way at around $5 each, and use the Origin codes they throw in with these purchases at no extra charge instead of doing up a Steam install, perhaps that would be a more affordable and supportable way to proceed for you.

Thank you for responding. I didn't think you would see this. I was pretty sure it was pirated, but I guess that's eBay for you. Upon downloading this pirated version I realized I was only missing 2 more expansion packs and 3 stuff packs, so it wouldn't have been that much more of a hassle to just buy them through Origin, but I was already in too deep. I don't intend on uninstalling the NRaas mods, so I think I'll just have to wait until those packs I want to go on sale so I can buy them legitimately. I'll have to turn down my graphics settings in the meantime or something.
    Thank you, again, for responding to me and helping me out.
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone! Please remember that discussing games that were not downloaded from an official source is not allowed in the forums. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/922566/forum-dos-and-donts#latest

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top