Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Children starting school with an 'F'

My toddlers went into childhood with all skills at least level 3 but both started school with a 'D' grade. I thought this was a bit odd but maybe a random chance kind of thing. However they both just finished childhood, finishing with an 'A' grade. Starting grade for High School - 'F' Uh what lol. Is anyone else having this kind of problem?

Comments

• HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited July 2019
    You should always start at the C grade in primary and high/secondary school. i've never had a sim start anywhere else before and that is a lot of sims i've been through. if you got A grade in primary, you should start B grade in high/secondary.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Has your household been on vacations with the kids, prior? I know that vacation time beyond what adults have vacation days to cover will impact career performance, and it's likely the same for school performance.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    @Hoverael My tods often age up with all skills at 5, (except potty ofc), and usually start with a B at primary. I do use the house good schools trait.

@Sindocat I haven't been on vacation with this family at all. I remembered I hadn't deleted the cache since the last patch update so I'm doing that and testing other children.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    yeah i had an A student go from elementary to high school, it 🐸🐸🐸🐸 me off cause i had her work so hard on her homework and extra credit. idk if its a bug or what
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited July 2019
    CelSims wrote: »
    @Hoverael My tods often age up with all skills at 5, (except potty ofc), and usually start with a B at primary. I do use the house good schools trait.

Yeah, that is what you should be expecting really, around that grade area. i mean when you hit level 3 it should be C grade because the child has just enough to be average. Guess i need to go through the toddler phase a bit more carefully and sabotage some kids learning over others who are super advanced in learning and keep another just average and see the results.