Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you prefer Normal, long or short life span? (no modded answers) please .

Comments

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Long span
    Long life span with aging turned off for everybody but the active household as I play rotational.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Long span
    I play with aging off. If I could not turn aging off I would play a long span.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Aging off, I put too much work into them to use aging at all.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Normal Span
    Man, most people said long... I'm getting jumpy just by reading about it 😬
    funny-gifs20.gif

• storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    Long span
    I do switch, depending on my save, between normal and long. I like the long lifespan because it gives me more time to accomplish goals or max skills or careers but... toddlers... stay... toddlers... for way too long. I age them up as soon as all their skills are maxed haha.

Normal is also fine because toddlers/children/teens stay their ages for a good amount of time but the YA goes too fast for me! Lol, I really do wish there was an option, without mods, to adjust the lifespan like in TS3.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Long span
    Off or long
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited July 2019
    Normal Span
    Normal, though I tweaked it a only by like a few days in each age stage to make all a full week. I know you said not modded, but I added or subtracted only mere days off each stage. So instead of 13 days for both kid and teen it is 14 days. Don't remember the original for the YA, adult, or elder, but those were only tweaked to make a full 7 week so +/- some days on each stage.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Long span
    Like so many others, long lifespan is almost right for my sims. Reg said it right when she said Sims3 was on epic to accomplish all she needed for her sims...me too. I loved the slider for ages too. I love most of the sims I play and as soon as some of them hit the end of the adult stage they will get a dose of Potion of Life reward. B)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,542 Member
    I have ageing off while I rotate around households, but turn it on to normal a couple of times throughout the sim year.
  • arae9arae9 Posts: 24 Member
    Long span
    Either long or aging off entirely
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Normal Span
    Always normal, though it is now a modded normal thanks to MCCC. I tried Long, and I just couldn't do it - it was just too long! At least with normal, I can turn aging off for a few days or adjust in other ways without it feeling like everything was taking forever.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    normal. short is way to short and i cant enjoy the families, long they start overstaying their welcome).

i usually also turn it off sometimes and age up when i feel like it.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    edited July 2019
    Long span
    I tend to get very invested in my Sims. I used my now Global Superstar as the Founder for the Pinstar Legacy Challenge I took up, but found playing on normal was just too short. After I completed that challenge I promised myself I'd tell his 'story' on Long. Which is what I've been doing, despite multiple technical glitches that had me restart him not once, not twice, but I think I'm on at least the third go-around! Maybe the fourth or fifth, I've lost count.

I used to play on Epic in Sims3, and then I would set the different age-levels to my desired amount of time. Without having those sliders (and for the fact that I have yet to be able to make the MCCC setting work for me) I age my Sims up when I am ready for them to do so. (Gosh, that makes me sound like a control-freak. LOL)

I prefer to play full households and if I play on the shorter times, I can't seem to get accomplished all that I set out to do, besides allow the families to behave like families, that is.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • StarDreamerStarDreamer Posts: 101 Member
    Long span
    Definitely long. I need the time to spend with my Sims so I get to know there personalities. Normal is good for a challenge, though.
  • LissyK9LissyK9 Posts: 205 Member
    Normal Span
    I like the normal lifespan because I always play generationally. The normal setting works well with the 2 week length for each season in making each sim's life feel like it's progressing naturally, at least according to what I have become used to. I have considered using a long lifespan in saves where I want to focus on a sim's relationships and story, but I haven't tried it yet.
  • vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Normal Span
    Normal lifespan is what works for me. Long just feels like it goes on forever and short is just short. I get enough time in with my Sims on normal before heading off to the next generation once the kids grow up.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited July 2019
    Long span
    Now that I've given vampires a rest and play with mortals only, I choose the long life span. Otherwise my sim would die of old age before I was halfway through what I have in mind.

Too bad we can't customize the life stages like we could in TS3, that was pretty useful.
  • belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    Long span
    If I'm expecting to play a family with a few branches, then definitely long and sometimes turning off ageing completely to be able to finish a career or aspiration. I don't think I've ever played short.
  • stephanie132392stephanie132392 Posts: 91 Member
    Normal Span
    I keep the lifespan on normal but I might try aging off one day.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    Long span
    I keep aging off for all Sims in my world and no deaths. It took way too long to create every single household and replace every townie that there is no way I'm letting anyone die. Plus, I like seeing only my created/revised Sims.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    I keep aging off for all Sims in my world and no deaths. It took way too long to create every single household and replace every townie that there is no way I'm letting anyone die. Plus, I like seeing only my created/revised Sims.

So....people who play like this don't care about story progression or realism. Interesting! I couldn't do it. I like the idea of time moving forward and generations of families expanding and changing throughout time.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    Long span
    @EnjoyfulSimmer That is why the Sims has something for everyone. I like creating my own story progression.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited July 2019
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    @EnjoyfulSimmer That is why the Sims has something for everyone. I like creating my own story progression.

Okay. My idea of story progression is playing out a story with a family and then the next generation and seeing the new faces that come along and how all the new sims look and behave. I don't understand playing with the same family with aging off forever, but...gameplay styles are unique.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Long span
    I keep aging off, and I only age up children/toddlers after they have maxed out all of their skills.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Long span
    Long for the most of my game, although I am guilty of 'speeding things up' a bit. I adjust the life stage if I want to speed through. I really miss the option to customise life stage lengths in Sims 3 Generations.
    giphy.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top