Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

August Patch Speculation 2019 (Now Out)

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    LMcGE wrote: »
    Sim Guru Frost tweeted last night that there isn't going to be an August Maxis Monthly because they are now going to keep those for months when there is something new to share and there isn't anything for August, does this mean there won't be a patch?

No cause they confirmed a Patch is coming in August. It includes an update to the dark blue color.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,961 Member
    edited August 2019
    Sim Guru Frost tweeted last night that there isn't going to be an August Maxis Monthly because they are now going to keep those for months when there is something new to share and there isn't anything for August, does this mean there won't be a patch?

as others said patch will be a thing
    but this is making me think its probably big part bug fixes or updates to existing things *fingers crossed*
    since that doesn't count ''new content''
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

but this is making me think its probably big part bug fixes or updates to existing things *fingers crossed*

That would be wonderful. I completely forgot this morning when I was checking last night's tweets and saw this that they had said there was going to be a patch for the loading screen at least. Bug fixes are needed so badly it is unbelievable.
  • Options
    SteffariSimsSteffariSims Posts: 24 Member
    The new loading screen sort of grew on me but I understand why they have to change it! Will be interesting to see if they change more of the branding
  • Options
    mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    I love the bug fixes but I think it's also good to get the freebies too. I look forward to the freebies more than I do the fixes.
    The only fix that really does my head in is the dinner nickers who just take food literally from your sims mouths.
    I'd love to be able to get my sim to give the dinner nickers a good punch on the nose..
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »

It will be bug fixes and I hope a lot of them. The lighthouse woohoo is still broken and sims are still getting their meals stolen in restaurents then there is a lot of the Island Living Bugs. This patch also includes a darker color for the loading screen.
  • Options
    Kc71886Kc71886 Posts: 658 Member
    My sim went out to dinner with her brother and a food critic came over to their table and stole the brothers steak. I didn’t realize that was a bug, I just thought it was rude.

Please fix the adorn me curtains! They keep disappearing from the windows of my sims upper levels. They’re there one minute, then gone the next time I look. They’re so pretty, I want to use them.
  • Options
    Kc71886 wrote: »
    My sim went out to dinner with her brother and a food critic came over to their table and stole the brothers steak. I didn’t realize that was a bug, I just thought it was rude.

Please fix the adorn me curtains! They keep disappearing from the windows of my sims upper levels. They’re there one minute, then gone the next time I look. They’re so pretty, I want to use them.

SimGuruNick has confirmed sims food getting stolen is a bug and that their working on a fix.
  • Options
    FitcheurFitcheur Posts: 27 Member
    Would be cool to have an Off-the-grid category in buy mod.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Looks like we can expect the August patch to drop this week.

qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »

im betting on tomorrow cause usually stuff packs have a one day release after teaser
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    cheescaeks wrote: »

im betting on tomorrow cause usually stuff packs have a one day release after teaser

Really? I thought it was 1 week.I think the patch will be releasing Thursday. Got my fingers crossed for some Island Living fixes.
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member

Really? I thought it was 1 week.I think the patch will be releasing Thursday. Got my fingers crossed for some Island Living fixes.

i thought 1 week was game packs?
  • Options

i thought 1 week was game packs?

2 weeks for gamepacks but sometimes longer. 1 week for stuffpacks.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Fix the gosh dang mermaid genetics. I want to do a Legacy Challenge with them, but if the kids don't look like their parents (one of which is Salim Benali, and essential for outstanding genes), I can't do it.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member

That's just the Moshino SP though (the clothes look exactly like the stuff they actually sell). I only remember EP usually have a patch close to release date, but is it the same thing for SP? Never paid attention to be honest.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member

That's just the Moshino SP though (the clothes look exactly like the stuff they actually sell). I only remember EP usually have a patch close to release date, but is it the same thing for SP? Never paid attention to be honest.

They have to release a patch before releasing a pack. Just for starters, they cannot add a new pack icon on the main menu or add a new pack to the pack filter without releasing a base game patch. Any script/UI/client coding changes related to the pack also have to be patched through the base game.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options

They have to release a patch before releasing a pack. Just for starters, they cannot add a new pack icon on the main menu or add a new pack to the pack filter without releasing a base game patch. Any script/UI/client coding changes related to the pack also have to be patched through the base game.

This.
  • Options
    Moschino SP is coming Aug 13th. That means a patch Thursday.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Cool. I can't wait for the dark loading screen.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Here’s hoping for a good patch.

I wish they’d recoloured that child version of the Get to Work hat as well as the adult version.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I just wonder if the new photography updates will make it to the Patch for the base game or if it's limited to Moschino SP.

Confirmed with the Photography Update in Moschino

You can put pictures on tables

More then 2 sims can take a pic

Toddlers can be in the picture
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Toddlers can be in the picture
    Hope this means they won’t stretch out like they do when you use the camera on them 😒 my toddler grows like 2 ft then shrinks back down
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,961 Member
    if i can only take family photos with moschino pack i will be saltier than ever i hope its bg update since i dont really call that "fashion photography" :unamused:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I think the dine out bug is related to the sims fail to autoqueue to eat the food they just takeout from fridge autonomously.
    ihavemultiplegamertags