Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The New CAS Story Mode

Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
The New CAS Story Mode is interesting, I don't hate it, but I think it NEEDS improvements.

First and foremost change CAS to the way it was when we open it. Like, is this really necessary?

PVwVUOi.png

Having to click every time "no thanks", is going to bother me to no end.

Since this:

qaOpXyI.png

is availlable, there's no need whatsoever to have that question at the start of CAS, pleaseee remove that starting screen with the question.

Secondly, where are my sim biographies? The ones we can add to individual sims through CAS and Live Mode and see them in-game, in the personality panel like in TS1/TS2/TS3? What sense does it make to add a story mode but we can't even write the sim's story? (btw this should be available on all sims).
mHdgPlU.jpg?1
Post edited by Sigzy05 on

Comments

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    OH THANK GOD there is a no thanks button I was afraid I was going have to go through this dang thing every time I make a sim.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I enter CAS from manage world and I didn’t get the question again. I had to click on add sim and choose via the story method. I do agree the stories should be viewable once you exist CAS with them
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Considering the story itself is not related to the sim customization, I don't understand why it's a separate option in CAS.

Why not add an option to start it on any created sim, occult included ?
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    I enter CAS from manage world and I didn’t get the question again. I had to click on add sim and choose via the story method. I do agree the stories should be viewable once you exist CAS with them

When you launch the game it always shows up! :\ But when we click in the book icon if we want to go back and cancel creating a sim with a story we can't, unless we reset the whole CAS which means other sims you've already created will disappear.
    OH THANK GOD there is a no thanks button I was afraid I was going have to go through this dang thing every time I make a sim.

AHAHAHAH
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    edited July 2019
    happyopi wrote: »
    Considering the story itself is not related to the sim customization, I don't understand why it's a separate option in CAS.

Why not add an option to start it on any created sim, occult included ?

It has something to do with the traits and aspiration probably. The story mode itself seems to add a secret "trait" thingy in CAS which enables sims to start out with a career, extra funds etc.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    Yeah I just tried it out and I'm not a fan. I thought that I would like it, but I really don't. The questions make it obvious what your choosing for, and in the end I don't think the end results even correlate to who I am. And it will get annoying for me, clicking "No Thanks" every time I want to create a sim.
    Proud simmer
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Tbh I'll just continue doing it the old-fashioned way and setup my Sims exactly how I want them in Live Mode by adding these things manually.

This Story Mode is really for Simmers who like to play randomly and start out with something from the get-go rather than wasting time adding that all yourself manually live.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    edited July 2019
    Tbh I'll just continue doing it the old-fashioned way and setup my Sims exactly how I want them in Live Mode by adding these things manually.

This Story Mode is really for Simmers who like to play randomly and start out with something from the get-go rather than wasting time adding that all yourself manually live.

Yeah, but every time you start a new save and go into CAS you have to surpass that question, every time! I hope they just remove that completely. We have the option for it in the menu when adding a new sim so it's really unnecessary to have to go through it everytime.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    The New CAS Story Mode is interesting, I don't hate it, but I think it NEEDS improvements.

First and foremost change CAS to the way it was when we open it. Like, is this really necessary?

PVwVUOi.png

Since this:

qaOpXyI.png

is availlable, there's no need whatsoever to have that question at the start of CAS, pleaseee remove that starting screen with the question.

Secondly, when we click the story option, there is then no way to go back/cancel it. We have to go through the whole thing to then delete the sim. Could a cancel option be added to it please?

Thirdly, where are my sim biographies? The ones we can add to individual sims through CAS and Live Mode and see them in-game, in the personality panel like in TS1/TS2/TS3? What sense does it make to add a story mode but we can't even write the sim's story? (btw this should be available on all sims).

If you mean household biographies that’s done from the map screen.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

edited July 2019

PVwVUOi.png

Since this:

qaOpXyI.png

Secondly, when we click the story option, there is then no way to go back/cancel it. We have to go through the whole thing to then delete the sim. Could a cancel option be added to it please?

Thirdly, where are my sim biographies? The ones we can add to individual sims through CAS and Live Mode and see them in-game, in the personality panel like in TS1/TS2/TS3? What sense does it make to add a story mode but we can't even write the sim's story? (btw this should be available on all sims).

If you mean household biographies that’s done from the map screen.

No....See...that's for the household. I'm talking about actual personal biographies. Like this:

latest?cb=20100729033035
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    edited July 2019

You can cancel it after you've started the questions. If you click the X at the bottom right corner, it will ask if you want to go to the Main Menu, Reset Household, or Cancel Story.

Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel

You can cancel it after you've started the questions. If you click the X at the bottom right corner, it will ask if you want to go to the Main Menu, Reset Household, or Cancel Story.

Oh there's a "Cancel Story" option? It didn't show up to me :o Or maybe I missed it.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1

Oh there's a "Cancel Story" option? It didn't show up to me :o Or maybe I missed it.

It's very easy to miss, honestly. It's in the menu option when you click the X at the bottom right corner. The one that you can Reset Household or go back to the Main Menu from.
  • MazatlMazatl Posts: 58 Member
    Badly implemented. Have to start a new sim in a new way. I like to create new Sims by snatching some from the gallery and making babies with them for variety. Can't do that here. Have to answer a stupid quiz in order to get these options that we can't even change for some reason. This isn't even an easier way to implement this, they went out of their way to make it a pain in the 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    edited July 2019
    I like that story mode makes it in a way easier to create a sim where traits and aspirations are concerned but it could use some improvement.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    Mazatl wrote: »
    Badly implemented. Have to start a new sim in a new way. I like to create new Sims by snatching some from the gallery and making babies with them for variety. Can't do that here. Have to answer a stupid quiz in order to get these options that we can't even change for some reason. This isn't even an easier way to implement this, they went out of their way to make it a pain in the plum.

No, you don't have to create a sim in story mode. You can immediately cancel it and manually create a sim.

• JaylfJaylf Posts: 285 Member
    Can you load sims from your library and do the story details?
    @Jaylf, no, it's just for new sims. I guess it kind of makes sense, since your Library sims already have a name, story, and traits.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    In my opinion, using CAS the regular way and NOT having the story pop up should be the default. I'd rather they use the button they added on the side to have the story questions come up. It's going to be annoying to click no to the story every single time for those who don't want to use it.
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    It took a few tries, but I made this sim with that CAS Story Creator and I actually love how she turned out!

Meet my newest sim Victoria Ellsworth! She's a (literal) starving artist living in the Arts Quarter in San Myshuno. Note: I said she's literally a starving artist because level 3 in the Painter career is 'Hungry Artist'! Oh, the irony! I only have her CAS pic, a selfie, and a pic of stinking Caleb Vatore drinking her plasma at the moment.
    48304445182_0170ac5d03_o.png
    48304328001_c970b0e844_o.png
    48304327671_fb58758d3f_o.png
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I disagree, but I do see how this could annoy someone. I'm more of the opposite, I get annoyed when we have to create a whole new sim to get an occult.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• MazatlMazatl Posts: 58 Member
    Arzekial wrote: »
    Mazatl wrote: »
    Badly implemented. Have to start a new sim in a new way. I like to create new Sims by snatching some from the gallery and making babies with them for variety. Can't do that here. Have to answer a stupid quiz in order to get these options that we can't even change for some reason. This isn't even an easier way to implement this, they went out of their way to make it a pain in the plum.

No, you don't have to create a sim in story mode. You can immediately cancel it and manually create a sim.

I'm talking about if you want to do the story mode thing you have to start a new sim in a new way.
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    I find the story mode pop up quite annoying. I don't like to have to click it off every single time I create a new sim, since I only really build and make pretty sims to live in the house. (I also don't really care for the new ultra bright patterned screen backdrop at the beginning. /sigh)

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    I find the story mode quite interesting, if sometimes predictable. It's good for if you're out of ideas. That initial popup is pretty annoying though.

I'm still disappointed it's just for young adults and up though. Making a family of Sims would have been fun. Answering questions for children and teens about how they behave, determining their grades, things like that would have been a nice addition.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited July 2019
    I experimented a bit and found out that if you save a story sim to your library and load them back into CAS later, you can edit their traits and aspirations, but the preset job, skills etc. are gone - or at least you can no longer view them. This means this feature is only useful if you create a sim from scratch and start playing with them right away. Makes it even less useful for me, sadly. (And it makes me wonder how exactly those new cover sims are going to be implemented, I assumed they would come with preset skills and jobs as well.)

It can come up with some funny results, though. The first (and only) sim I created this way got the Good trait, but also the Public Enemy aspiration!