Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get famous vs island living?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I prefer Island Living over Get Famous. With Get Famous I got bored with it pretty quick. The thing you'll want to keep in mind when deciding is which of these two packs would be more of interest to you. Here is a couple of links that go into more detail on what these packs have to help you in your decision on what is best for you.

Get Famous - https://simsvip.com/sims-4-get-famous-guide/
    https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/getfamous/

Island Living - https://simsvip.com/sims-4-island-living-guide/
    https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/islandliving/

• Options
    simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited July 2019
    I still use Get Famous quite a bit. I occasionally play with my 3 global superstars during my rotational play and I think the fame and reputation systems are really well implemented. I particularly like that my bestselling authors and top-level painters can become famous and that you have to work to maintain it.

However, that being said, I love IL and have been playing it nonstop since I got it. I love the low key island lifestyle with the friendly neighbours and the community festivals, I love the beaches and atmosphere, as well as the improvements to fishing and swimming, and I love the off the grid trait in this setting and its impact on family life. I love the whole world; it’s very well done. I couldn’t do without it.
  • Options
    Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    Get famous has scads more gameplay, while Island Living has a much better world.
  • Options
    heidi11576heidi11576 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Get Get Famous.
    Get famous I really like but after seeing LGR on YouTube about it he made seem very convincing it's a waste of time due to the fact you can't advance your mermaids (I love my mermaids!) and it looks like it should of been more of a vacation spot if anything. Hopefully I didn't bump an old post I'm relatively new to this whole forum thing.
    Thanks! And nope you did great, this was a new post :)
  • Options
    Thank you everyone who replied !
  • Options
    Gamergirl19801Gamergirl19801 Posts: 1 New Member
    This is so helpful thank you so much. I also was torn between the two but I think I am going to get get famous. I'm not much of a builder so it seems more fun. Again, thank you so much!!!
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    I like both expansions myself, but it my case I choose Island Living over Get Famous. The reason why is because the way I play TS4 is through storytelling. Get Famous offers more gameplay elements because it has the fame system, but Sulani offers all of the activities and the perfect setting for storytelling for me personally. Being able to go swimming, hang out on the islands, enjoy some beach bars, the risk of a volcano erupting, and the rest of what Island Living has to offer just offers much more storytelling options as compared to Get Famous. Again though, this is just my preference.
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    Get Famous. Sulani would be way more valuable if i could use it for proper vacations but its a huge letdown and I wish island living didnt exist at all really.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    Get Famous has a lot more gameplay. It also has more Build and Buy objects that you can use in almost every house. The downside is that the world is smaller than the Island Living one but it's still a nice world.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited September 2019
    Get Famous.

In that pack you can play a sim who goes from being poor to a famous celebrity, be an actor, do livestreams and sell music.

In Island Living you can...play a career where you pick up trash...and you can swim...and...pretend that you are deep diving...
    oh, and you can do small jobs...where you...go to rabbit holes and pretend that you are doing something...

but hey, at least you can build sand castles.
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Get Famous 100%. Much more content, much more replayability, much more depth, much more quirkiness.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Island Living for my part.

Hmm... I could remove Get Famous but I cannot imagine playing the game without Sulani. It is one of my absolute favorite worlds! So so happy that my sims can live there.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Island living, definitely. Get famous... I didn't even play through a full generation (when I quit my Get famous save my first gen sims were still only adults) but it just get soo annoying. The Fame system really penetrates everything. It was such a relief checking the "all sims opt out of fame by default" when starting my new game. Far less of a hassle, far less interruptions in gameplay by paparazzi or fans or...
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    Get famous got boring so fast ! Island living here I come lol
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Get Famous...I got bored after 30 minutes of IL, it should NOT be an expansion, feels nothing like one.

It feels like an apology that they didn't add enough to the Vintage Glamour
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I understand why you're asking for other's opinions, but your opinions/gameplay will invariably differ from ours. I would suggest reading some comprehensive guides on both packs, with regards to features, new gameplay dynamics, build/buy, worlds etc.

Both Carl's sims 4 guides and simsvip have detailed guides.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    Get Famous = gameplay
    Island Living = world

Get Famous is great in terms of gameplay so I like that one more. Even though it has some annoying features.
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)