Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken/Updated Mods & CC: July-Aug. '19 CAS Stories Patch, Moschino

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited July 2019
    Thanks, all!
    for skimmers + new info:

Broken Mods
    • No Intro Mod (Simser der Deutschen)
    • Townie Overhaul - Less Fame (Bienchen)

Probably Broken
    • Dog Pregnancy Overhaul (n8smom8496)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • ChaosMasterRoseChaosMasterRose Posts: 53 Member
    Any word on what traits are broken by this patch?
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited July 2019
    No/Less CL and IL Names has been updated. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=614664

I was told these mods had not been updated earlier but were described as working with the latest patch when I listed the mods as updated earlier today so I went back to have a look and it does state updated yesterday for these mods so I am quite confused now as to what terminology technically means updated or working with the latest patch and as I am presuming you have been to the modders website as you have stated these mods are updated in your post that you also thought the same thing? as in these mods have been updated as opposed to just being labelled as them working with the recent patch?

I am only trying to clarify this because I am confused as what I should post as being updated on this thread as opposed to mods being reported as working with the latest patch? I hope that makes sense-) As i am trying to help but do not wish to do anything wrong on this thread.
  • ScarletQueenKatScarletQueenKat Posts: 792 Member
    edited July 2019
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    No/Less CL and IL Names has been updated. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=614664

I was told these mods had not been updated earlier but were described as working with the latest patch when I listed the mods as updated earlier today so I went back to have a look and it does state updated yesterday for these mods so I am quite confused now as to what terminology technically means updated or working with the latest patch and as I am presuming you have been to the modders website as you have stated these mods are updated in your post that you also thought the same thing? as in these mods have been updated as opposed to just being labelled as them working with the recent patch?

I am only trying to clarify this because I am confused as what I should post as being updated on this thread as opposed to mods being reported as working with the latest patch? I hope that makes sense-) As i am trying to help but do not wish to do anything wrong on this thread.

simmytime only updated his posts to state that they were working with the latest patch. However, he didn't actually update the mods because they were compatible.

Updated means the creator had to update and re-upload the mod, which in turn means you have to re-download. Working with the patch (aka compatible) means that no update is needed and doesn't require re-downloading.

On MTS you can see if it's been updated by checking the dates in the Files tab for the mod.
    🌹 Scarlet's Mod List - Includes ALL mods, links to their latest versions, last updated dates, sorting options, and more!
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    The day I figure out how to mod, I will release like 5 so they're easy to check for each patch :D
    funny-gifs20.gif

• paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Thanks, all!
    for skimmers + new info:

Broken Mods
    • No Intro Mod (Simser der Deutschen)
    • Townie Overhaul - Less Fame (Bienchen)

Probably Broken
    • Dog Pregnancy Overhaul (n8smom8496)

Is anyone actually here to confirm that Bienchen's mod is not working? Because it was updated on July 10 and works fine for me after this patch.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    SimChi wrote: »
    bienchen83_townieoverhaul_lessfame is broken and tossing up bad LEs (TwistedMexi just gave me a hand pinning down that one)

@SimChi Are you sure you also don't have Bienchen's small townie overhaul mod also in your game with this mod as well? You can't have both in at the same time if you've updated to July 10th on the townie overhaul - less fame mod.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • SamlishSamlish Posts: 232 Member
    @luthienrising Sorry for the late reply! They work but in CAS if you put the eyes on a sim, switch to another sim, then switch back to the sim with the meteor eyes the eyes disappear.
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I am not having any issues with Bienchen's townie overhaul mod either.
  • SimChiSimChi Posts: 143 Member
    SimChi wrote: »
    bienchen83_townieoverhaul_lessfame is broken and tossing up bad LEs (TwistedMexi just gave me a hand pinning down that one)

@SimChi Are you sure you also don't have Bienchen's small townie overhaul mod also in your game with this mod as well? You can't have both in at the same time if you've updated to July 10th on the townie overhaul - less fame mod.

Absolutely sure. Just the less fame, and @TwistedMexican helped me figure that out. I removed the mod and my game is fine now :)
  • LunyKimberlyLunyKimberly Posts: 72 Member
    @boo4411 @luthienrising We are talking the one on MtS right? Cuz I've got that in my game and it IS still working like it should.

No Intro not in game: initial game load has cute new plumbob dancing here and there from one side of screen to other then settles in into the new stylized static Sims 4 logo, then goes into the new loading screen, then you arrive at the main menu (with all the pack icons and load/new game buttons).

No Intro in game: initial game load goes straight to the static TS4 logo, then the new loading screen, then the main menu.
  • starrling33starrling33 Posts: 87 Member
    Thanks, all!

LuthienRising, YOU are amazing. And I thank you. Every patch, every update, I look for your posts and I'm never disappointed. Thank you.

• BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    edited July 2019
    boo4411 wrote: »
    the no intro mod by Simser der Deutschen on Mod the Sims is broken (obviously)

What makes you think it's broken? I have the version from Sep 2014 and it works in my game (skips the animated EA/Maxis Intro at the beginning of game launch). Have you noticed any side effects?
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    Bonxie wrote: »

What makes you think it's broken? I have the version from Sep 2014 and it works in my game (skips the animated EA/Maxis Intro at the beginning of game launch). Have you noticed any side effects?

Works OK for me too... not noticed any underlying issues with it.
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    edited July 2019
    Bonxie wrote: »

That person is most likely assuming No Intro is broken just because the intro was changed with this patch (especially because they said "obviously"). It works fine on my end and a modder checked his own version, there were no significant changes this patch, just one small change.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited July 2019
    Hi all! I'll pull No Intro off the front page quickly, then I'm heading on holiday. I'll be on Twitter now and then but not here, as it's a pain on the phone. Wish me luck with the mosquitoes and blackflies! And please feel free to keep updating this thread - it's nothing without all of *you*
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »

simmytime only updated his posts to state that they were working with the latest patch. However, he didn't actually update the mods because they were compatible.

Updated means the creator had to update and re-upload the mod, which in turn means you have to re-download. Working with the patch (aka compatible) means that no update is needed and doesn't require re-downloading.

On MTS you can see if it's been updated by checking the dates in the Files tab for the mod.

Thank you @ScarletQueenKat I just wanted to understand the difference and now I do know I am not sure it has made a big difference to my limited understanding of mods but at least I have an idea now :)
    Have a wonderful break @luthienrising you defo deserve one :)
  • MualixMualix Posts: 1 New Member
    does anyone else’s sims not show up in cas? It’s just the shadow of the sim, and the stories don’t work either, just loads for ages? 😬
  • MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    @Mualix Update anything that alters CAS like No Growling in CAS or Stand Still in CAS as they break quizzes.
  • David-StephensDavid-Stephens Posts: 82 Member
    Mualix wrote: »
    does anyone else’s sims not show up in cas? It’s just the shadow of the sim, and the stories don’t work either, just loads for ages? 😬

If you click an age and continue, after a few questions there will be no shadow and your sim will appear. it was weird for me at first too but it ended up just fine. Just a tweak in the update!!! (:
  • oshawneeoshawnee Posts: 1 New Member
    I believe the pixelore Organic Hairline may be broken. When I use it I will occasionally get a shiny plastic looking Sim, and the shine disappears immediately when I remove the hairline in CAS.
  • Edward5902Edward5902 Posts: 16 Member
    Does anyone has this issue, Te sim's shadow appears with invisible bottom, all i can see just from his head to his belly! But the stories works correctly, and when i finish creating his stories, he appears with normal, visible bottom. The problem is just invisible shadow's bottom!
    I hope their is a solution for this issue, if anyone knows, please tell me! Thanks, have a nice day!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top