Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Quietly Killed Multiple Storey Basements?! [Fixed in Patch 9/5/19]

jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
edited September 2019 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
We were probably distracted by glass floor tiles and beach lots. Or maybe this happened prior to Island Living.

We used to be able to build a basement, and a second (maybe even third?) basement under that, and remove those floors and ceilings and be able to see all the way down.

I tried to make a double story basement in my game, and suddenly it is not possible.

For example, if you watch this speedbuild by Devon Bumpkin from 2017, you'll notice he was able to build two levels into the ground. But if you download the same build today it only allows us (or me in my game at least) to see down one story into the ground.

This is upsetting. I know the sims makes a lot of improvements to the game, and often at no cost to us, but I'm really sad that our creativity is stifled by something they've removed from the game this time.

Is it a temporary bug? Does this happen for everyone? Has anyone else noticed? Does anyone care? Is anybody listening to me?

D2kJdPT.png
Post edited by jadonbakes on

Comments

• BridgetKVBridgetKV Posts: 200 Member
    That sounds like a bug to me. Definitely report it.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Oh this is why I couldn't make an underground rocket silo. I tried so hard and managed to have a small circle without the dirt "ceiling" and eventually gave up on the build.
  • jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    @BridgetKV Thanks! I'm so bad at internetting/technologying I didn't realize I wasn't reporting it! Lol. I found this bug report on ea.com. So now sharing this for everybody to go click "Me Too," perhaps?
  • BridgetKVBridgetKV Posts: 200 Member
    Looks like it. If all else fails you can try pinging SimGuruNick on twitter about it.
    jadonbakes wrote: »
    @BridgetKV Thanks! I'm so bad at internetting/technologying I didn't realize I wasn't reporting it!

The new forum policy is strictly no help given for bugs here, we can't even talk about them, this thread will probably be closed by tomorrow.
    Anyway thanks for the thread !
    Well at least it wasn't my original intent to expose a bug. Thank goodness for this community.
  • GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2022

Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    My main house has two levels of basements and is functioning just fine. It might be because it already had the two basements - if I tried to build the house again, I couldn't? However, it sounds like some people are losing existing basements.
    I just want things to match. :'(
    @invisiblgirl If your second and first basement aren't open to each other, there won't be a problem. But say if you had an open balcony from your first to second basement, there wouldn't be any open space anymore. The empty tiles are replaced by a dirt floor.
    edited May 2022

Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
  • minimonsterscottminimonsterscott Posts: 22 Member
    It is such a shame that they have decided to completely wall away behind the single bug portal any things that may possibly make the team look bad, or even incompetent. As this thread is not yet locked, I am just adding that observation, as this issue to me as well is a game-breaker. In case anyone wonders, I have indeed made my report, although I noticed the preliminary indications of issues back in February when I submitted my first (verified) report. I have also been in loose contact with cintrict about the ongoing thread.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited July 2019
    Goosey wrote: »
    Nearly all EA employees are very noob in building skills, i've watched many of their people on youtube videos before and they barely know how to even build a simple 4 wall house. I've seen streamers do videos with actual EA developers and the developers are derping all over the place while the streamers are building circles around them. Its a disgrace how little they know about their own game.

That explains why there are so many bugs. They don't do quality assurance by playing the new features in a game with all current packs installed to identify any conflicts. And it also shows why new features are so bland and lacklustre. They're not playing the game enough to see what gameplay would make it great. This shows no real love for it when they don't spend enough time actually playing the game and that developing for it is just a paycheck to them.

I'm really worried now about TS5. I definitely don't want these developers working on that one.
  • maindemainde Posts: 2 New Member
    Another angry player here. I saw so much effort building a nice basement and now I have lost access to half of it.
    edited May 2022

Post edited by Goosey on

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    It is such a shame that they have decided to completely wall away behind the single bug portal any things that may possibly make the team look bad

Except they haven't.

They handle bug reports where and how they do so that they can get that information in one location, in a format their QA team can access and make use of. That site is searchable, too, so yes, you can see who else is having that problem.

And they don't wall it off, or these threads would be locked. They aren't. You are making untrue accusations, and really shouldn't. It's rude.
  • mauvejinjomauvejinjo Posts: 126 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    Oh this is why I couldn't make an underground rocket silo. I tried so hard and managed to have a small circle without the dirt "ceiling" and eventually gave up on the build.

Thank you! I initially thought it was just me; I miss my three-floor deep rocket silo beneath the dining room. Dinner just isn't the same without it...
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Goosey wrote: »
    Looks like EA released a patch today... didn't fix anything at all. These guys are useless. If you want to bet on a group of people that will let you down every time, its them.

This is a really easy bug to demonstrate, it's no mystery at all. It should have been fixed the first week after it was exposed... thing is, they had to have known it existed before their expansion/update even came out, its impossible for them not to have known because of how easy it is to find - but they released the broken update anyways.

I took the entire month off playing the game because of this knowing it would be a waste of time to invest into a save game that would have to delete after reverting back to pre June 21st. Looks like the game is broken for good now, fortunately i have my saves from before the June 21st update still and also had the game backed up before that update.

Maybe in a few years this bug will be fixed. But by that time, the Sims 5 pay2win adventure lootbox surprise mechanics game will be released and all new fun will be had by all. :p:p:p:|
    That I’m not so sure of. Don’t know what’s causing the issue, but I think it’s an easy one to overlook. What I do find troubling is how with every pack and with every patch, things break. That was the case with Sims 3 and it’s happening again. I wish they’d learn their lesson and stop developing this game by piling up content in way too many patches and packs.

04-003-shakyTower.gif

Somehow I fear it’s a lesson they don’t want to learn though, because it means making lots of money doing it this way. Hope it’ll be fixed soon.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • YBNS2468YBNS2468 Posts: 240 Member
    We were probably distracted by glass floor tiles and beach lots. Or maybe this happened prior to Island Living.

We used to be able to build a basement, and a second (maybe even third?) basement under that, and remove those floors and ceilings and be able to see all the way down.

I tried to make a double story basement in my game, and suddenly it is not possible.

For example, if you watch this speedbuild by Devon Bumpkin from 2017, you'll notice he was able to build two levels into the ground. But if you download the same build today it only allows us (or me in my game at least) to see down one story into the ground.

This is upsetting. I know the sims makes a lot of improvements to the game, and often at no cost to us, but I'm really sad that our creativity is stifled by something they've removed from the game this time.

Is it a temporary bug? Does this happen for everyone? Has anyone else noticed? Does anyone care? Is anybody listening to me?

D2kJdPT.png

It happened to me as well. Probably just a bug but yea very annoying for those who build underground...
  • minimonsterscottminimonsterscott Posts: 22 Member
    Hi @Sindocat . My apologies if I wrote something that is patently incorrect. I am not one who seeks to write misinformation nor am I one to write such things simply to be rude. I am not a frequent poster on this particular forum, nor any other for that matter. As I was reading down the responses on this topic which is important to me, I saw what @happyopi wrote about the forums, looked at their post count being over 700 on here, and without looking deeply into the dark corners of the forum for verification of their statement, echoed a personal sentiment based on what they wrote, adding some flair of my own observations over the past few years. I take issue with being the only person quoted and then being called 'rude' for what I wrote, without the person who is stating my rudeness and what I should or shouldn't do looking at a source where I may have gotten the idea from. Thank You.
    Really ? Just because now the new mod focus is necroposting, no one but me remembers the wave of bug report threads locked because only reporting it to AHQ was doing something, not discussing it here ?

It's been less intense since June granted. Maybe users took the hint and actually use AHQ now.

But this is a standardized response just from April:
    Hey there, might be a good call to take this to The Sims 4 AHQ as that's the best place to post it. Hope that this get's sorted for you. I'm going to close the thread now as bug discussion needs to take place on AHQ.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    @invisiblgirl If your second and first basement aren't open to each other, there won't be a problem. But say if you had an open balcony from your first to second basement, there wouldn't be any open space anymore. The empty tiles are replaced by a dirt floor.

That explains it - my lower basement isn't accessible by my Sims at all - I use it for storing fish tanks for fertiliser.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    Is this just in Sulani? I dug out four levels of basement in Oasis Springs and they were ok but I'll move in some Sims and try it out. I couldn't build a basement near Sulani beach though.
    edited May 2022

Post edited by Goosey on

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    @Goosey I've put a me too there.

I've never used basements in this way myself, I've just made the usual basement levels but can see that it is something to try and get back for creators. I am going back to see if the normal bottom two basements are bugged as well. I put my empty build on the Gallery with 4 basements added. It's an empty house with lights on all levels but only lights are shown in the bottom two not the rooms.

Is this because of adding sea levels to Island Living maybe?
    edited May 2022

Post edited by Goosey on