Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Planet Zoo

Comments

• LissyK9LissyK9 Posts: 205 Member
    @SimTrippy I have been playing the beta all week, and I've never played Planet Coaster. I've seen other people say that the building system is the same as in Planet Coaster, but I can't confirm that. :p All I know is that every habitat I build looks decent at the least and very nice at the best, and it's satisfying for me. If you watch Youtubers, Geekism has been doing a very in-depth coverage of Planet Zoo, and I know he did Planco videos in the past too.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited September 2019
    LissyK9 wrote: »
    @SimTrippy I have been playing the beta all week, and I've never played Planet Coaster. I've seen other people say that the building system is the same as in Planet Coaster, but I can't confirm that. :p All I know is that every habitat I build looks decent at the least and very nice at the best, and it's satisfying for me. If you watch Youtubers, Geekism has been doing a very in-depth coverage of Planet Zoo, and I know he did Planco videos in the past too.

Thanks for the suggestion! :D

Well, let me tell you, PC has no fencing tool like the one right at the start of this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB9skIaUgnI

In fact fencing anything like it would be a painstaking, time-consuming endeavor:sweat_smile:
    So I'm VERY happy to see this!!! I still wish they could give us this in Planet Coaster as well, cause stuff like that is just *really* annoying to do.

But yeah, other than that, it looks largely the same xD Especially the pathing.

ETA: thanks again for the suggestion - glad to see I was right about the fencing and the many other improvements we'll see in Planet Zoo!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsjJFDs1NXM
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    Oh I've been super hyped for this over the past month, I marked the release day on my calendar. Binge-watched all the streams on Twitch and sitting here waiting :D
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    edited October 2019
    Look at the lighting. The shadows. The textures. 😱

• RichieottoRichieotto Posts: 31 Member
    So much yes! I am a big fan of Jurassic World Evolution which has given me a huge appreciation for these type of park simulation games. Can't wait to have a park full of animals instead of killer dinos XDDD
  • jutrzenka3jutrzenka3 Posts: 18 Member
    I'm sooo excited for this game. I was obsessed with Zoo Tycoon when I was younger, and had kind of forgotten about it for a while. A year ago or so something jogged my memory and I was digging through the internet looking for a new zoo tycoon being released or a way to be able to play the original one, but found nothing. So when I heard about Planet Zoo, it seriously made my life. I unfortunately missed the beta, so I've been obsessed with watching Youtubers play it lol. Nov 5th can't come soon enough
  • lilleefslilleefs Posts: 52 Member
    Can’t wait for this game!! Frontier are so good at what they do, Planet Coaster is a beautiful game already and they have worked so hard to make all these amazingly detailed animals.
    Makes you wonder what a sims-like game by them would be like :smiley:
  • AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member
    I hadn't heard of this game before reading this thread but I have to say I am impressed with the attention to detail. It's hard to capture the nostalgia of the original Zoo Tycoon but I have enjoyed seeing the level of detail that exists in this game. The animal research and temperature monitoring of enclosures etc, very clever.

1NraNSJ.png
    My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬
  • Coley666Coley666 Posts: 119 Member
    it's on my steam wishlist but I am likely to wait for it to go on sale before purchasing :)
    Sims Builder - Coley666
    jWIA95z.png
    I am so excited I can hardly sleep! Waking up on tuesday will be like waking up on christmas.
    From the PZ website.

Planet Zoo - Global Launch Times
    Hello Zookeepers!

We can't wait to share Planet Zoo with you in just a few days! On 5 November we are launching globally and you will finally be able to play through the entire story in Career Mode, develop your global zoo network in Franchise Mode, test your zoo management skills with Challenge Mode, and unleash your limitless creativity in Sandbox Mode!

You're probably as excited as we are, and we know many of you have been asking what time the game will go live. Today we're happy to share the global Planet Zoo release times with you, so you know exactly when you can start playing:

Los Angeles 4:00 AM PST
    Calgary 5:00 AM MST
    Chicago 6:00 AM CST
    Mexico City 6:00 AM CST
    New York 7:00 AM EST
    Toronto 7:00 AM EST
    Rio de Janeiro 9:00 AM BRT
    London 12:00 PM GMT
    Paris 1:00 PM CET
    Athens 2:00 PM EET
    Cape Town 2:00 PM SAST
    Moscow 3:00 PM MSK
    Istanbul 3:00 PM TRT
    Dubai 4:00 PM GST
    New Dehli 5:30 PM IST
    Bangkok 7:00 PM ICT
    Beijing 8:00 PM CST
    Seoul 9:00 PM KST
    Tokyo 9:00 PM JST
    Brisbane 10:00 PM AEST
    Sydney 11:00 PM AEDT
    Auckland 1:00 AM NZDT (Wednesday 6 November)

*Please note release is global and pre-loading is not possible.

We've also got an update on Beta saved games progress as well as your Steam Workshop items. As mentioned in the Beta Information post, we previously weren't sure that your saved games would function on launch day. We're now happy to report that your Career Mode - Scenario 1 save file will still be valid, however for the best play experience we do recommend starting over again – whilst we have tested many different saves we cannot 100% guarantee all save files will work. Franchise Mode save files will no longer function, so you are free to start over your new Franchise!

In terms of the Planet Zoo Steam Workshop blueprints that were uploaded during the Beta, they will stay on the Steam Workshop and should all work in-game. Beta blueprints are marked with a "Beta" tag on the Workshop. If your blueprint doesn’t function in game, it may be because some of the assets have been updated and might need re-positioning.

Lastly, for those who have played the Beta, you will automatically be credited 500 Conservation Credits to your account as a thank you for pre-ordering the Deluxe Edition and providing us with such amazing feedback.

As per our recently posted November Streaming Schedule, we will be counting down to launch from 10:30 AM GMT in our official Launch Livestream - be sure to tune in for some chats with the developers and awesome prizes!

See you soon!

So do I wake up at 4 am? >_<
    LissyK9 wrote: »
    So do I wake up at 4 am? >_<

It launches at 7am (East Coast US) for me but I was so excited I couldn't sleep. Got up at 4am. :p

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top