Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Secret Video Release on July 18th?

HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
Did anyone catch that part mentioned on the livestream? I’ve seen a few blogs make posts mentioning a new video next week, aka SimsVip. Maybe a new EP trailer?

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    It's just a "nostalgia" video made by the game changers, paid by EA to promote the game and say good things about it. Literally all the tweets they showed in the livestream had the "#sponsoredbyEA" hashtag lol.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    It's just a "nostalgia" video made by the game changers, that they paid to promote the game and say good things about it. Literally all the tweets they showed in the livestream had the "#sponsoredbyEA" hashtag lol.

Oh..
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    There is no detail in what the video is. Though on Twitter The Sims account and gurus had asked “why do you play Sims” and if it’s just a compilation video, I really couldn’t care at all about that. Though seeing as next week we get a new branding update and story in CAS, maybe it’ll be a small video explaining all that.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I assumed it would be a trailer for the moscino (sp) SP or something to do with the hideous new rebranding.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I thought it was one of those “ItGetsBetter” type of videos.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    It's just a "nostalgia" video made by the game changers, paid by EA to promote the game and say good things about it. Literally all the tweets they showed in the livestream had the "#sponsoredbyEA" hashtag lol.

Yup. Although the #ProudtobeSponseredbyEA made me vomit a little.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    It's part of the marketing strategy to attract new players.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited July 2019
    Here we go again. Skipping a maxis monthly, then finally having a stream where they announce some minor CAS update that doesnt change too much or even.. what is needed for players to actually enjoy this game. No, lets make a video of how great The sims 4 is and try to sell more of it. Priorities.. sure.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    There is no detail in what the video is. Though on Twitter The Sims account and gurus had asked “why do you play Sims” and if it’s just a compilation video, I really couldn’t care at all about that. Though seeing as next week we get a new branding update and story in CAS, maybe it’ll be a small video explaining all that.

Yep I bet that's what it is. I commented to so y'all might see my comment in there.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Here we go again. Skipping a maxis monthly, then finally having a stream where they announce some minor CAS update that doesnt change too much or even.. what is needed for players to actually enjoy this game. No, lets make a video of how great The sims 4 is and try to sell more of it. Priorities.. sure.

Is there yet any evidence that it has sold then TS3?

I guess that i will have to wait another '3 or 4 years' before they drop TS4 like a stone and say 'yeah, we don't know what went on with that but here is TS5, a real Sims game' :D
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited July 2019

I guess that i will have to wait another '3 or 4 years' before they drop TS4 like a stone and say 'yeah, we don't know what went on with that but here is TS5, a real Sims game' :D

And they LOVE to use this 'most sales' thing as their ultimate award for a game like The sims 4. But hey, quality over quantity.. always! Not to forget that it is also a lot easier in this time era to buy and promote a product. Free social media marketing, game changers and buying is just a few clicks. I don't think these statistics are ever a fair comparison. Just look at your audience and you get your answer :)

I am sure they will do this when TS5 comes out. Just look at every tell-sell show where they bring down their own previous product now that the new upgraded product has arrived :D
    Post edited by FurSimsOfficial on
    edited July 2019

At this point I'm certain they simply don't care about actually improving the game or adding actual gameplay to it. It's always about another way to do what we already could in the BG now.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2019

ROFL< right, the truth if it was ever told. :tired_face:

We know you think emotionz are great in TS4, but hey, look here kids, these are real emotionz you've never seen them like this before, and look, TS5 smarter, these are the smartest Sims ever...oh, and look, an amazing CAS you've never seen this before, and blah, blah, blah.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

And they LOVE to use this 'most sales' thing as their ultimate award for a game like The sims 4. But hey, quality over quantity.. always! Not to forget that it is also a lot easier in this time era to buy and promote a product. Free social media marketing, game changers and buying is just a few clicks. to. I don't think these statistics are ever a fair comparison. Just look at your audience and you get your answer :)

I am sure they will do this when TS5 comes out. Just look at every tell-sell show where they bring down their own previous product now that the new upgraded product has arrived :D

Don't forget it helps when it's free, and a sale every week. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

We know you think emotionz are great in TS4, but hey, look here kids, these are real emotionz you've never seen them like this before, and look, TS5 smarter, these are the smartest Sims ever...oh, and look, an amazing CAS you've never seen this before, and blah, blah, blah.

'Smarter Sims, Weirder Stories' wait, that was so 2014. Okay, 'You create, you control, you rule' No, okay, erm...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Cinebar wrote: »

'Smarter Sims, Weirder Stories' wait, that was so 2014. Okay, 'You create, you control, you rule' No, okay, erm...

"Greater bugs, better looks"? :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1