Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's talk about this re-brand thing.

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    Nooo, why did they change the white background to that darkish blue?!! Although, I gotta say the blue kinda reminds me of the Sims 1. 😂
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    Honestly, it's that this new look is completely unnecessary, it's not been that long ago that they updated it. Currently, my game is unplayable due to bugs from the last patch.

So, it seems like a huge slap in the face, that instead of fixing the many bugs already in the game, they spend time and resources to redo something that was fine the way it is.

It's like they're, putting lipstick on a pig, or ignoring the white elephant in the room.

I think that's what "bugs" me so much about it.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Nooo, why did they change the white background to that darkish blue?!! Although, I gotta say the blue kinda reminds me of the Sims 1. 😂

@Dekay that's not the loading screen.

This is:

sims-4-rebranding-loading-screen.png
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member
    munroele wrote: »
    I'd talk about it, but I like it and therefore my voice is drowned out and I'm considered to be a sheep who buys and believes everything EA tells me. :/

I'll be a sheep with you. I love it too! To be fair, the fact you and i both love occults also makes us the black sheep of this forum, seeing how many HATE anything occult. At least we like the update, so no need for us to be upset about it, which is nice.

Um, excuse me, but I am the master of the occult and they are the only reason I play this game. I can't be bothered with normal stuff. :D:D:D
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

This is:

Luckily, my SSD is arriving in 2 days so I won't spend 30 seconds like now between loading screens, therefore I won't look at it. :D

As for the main menu, I really liked seeing renders of different content I own.

P.S. @sunblond we are getting a new patch this Thursday, so HOPEFULLY, most of the bugs will be fixed with it. I want to have vampire powers working again and sims not stealing my 🐸🐸🐸🐸 food.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member

This is:

It still is blue compared to white tho. XD

This is:

Luckily, my SSD is arriving in 2 days so I won't spend 30 seconds like now between loading screens, therefore I won't look at it. :D

As for the main menu, I really liked seeing renders of different content I own.

P.S. sunblond we are getting a new patch this Thursday, so HOPEFULLY, most of the bugs will be fixed with it. I want to have vampire powers working again and sims not stealing my plum food.

Sorry to break it up to you but SSDs don't do much of a difference for the loading screens except for the booting up of the game. I have an SSD and I still get about 30 seconds but it also depends on how much content there is to load for your current save as well.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    touchmygagatouchmygaga Posts: 9 New Member
    It's an extremely ugly and unnecessary design, but I wish this was The Sims 4 biggest problem, not the stale gameplay, the ridiculous amount of unfixed bugs, the empty and overpriced DLC, or the shallow AI.
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    They spent most of the time making the design to make it look different unless they are going to redesign the whole game it going to be
    the same 'Sims 4' the same Sims 4 that has some bugs going on.

looks like someone is changing the strategy.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    Nobody seems to understand what I'm saying...how were you able to tell what is what between Bowling Night and Romantic Garden? Why is having a different color for every expansion necessary? Were you always able to tell what came with what stuff/game packs, but expansions are different somehow? Isn't the filter still going to be there, so again another non-issue.

It's called memory. You should try it. Plus the icons are different.

It's called being sarcastic. You completely are missing my point. Maybe you should try actually reading. How is this so hard to understand, and why is nobody still answering my questions? WHY do you need to have a different color for every expansion BUT NOT FOR game and stuff packs? OP was complaining about expansions being a different color as if they themselves couldn't memorize the stupid icons either.

I'll try to answer your question. Expansion packs come with a lot more Build/Buy objects than Game Packs and especially Stuff Packs. I find the uniquely coloured Expansion pack icons helpful because I can more easily remember the handful of items that came with a Stuff Pack, and Game Packs usually have such specific themes that I can tell just by looking at an object or its function (e.g. Outdoor Retreat and Spa Day). Yes, the filters will still be there, and yes, Stuff and Game Packs have always been the same colours. But it was part of what made an Expansion pack feel distinctive, and made it easier to spot items that go together from the much larger sets that come in Expansion packs. This isn't a deal-breaking change, but it is still annoying. I hope that answers your question.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    @MilutinMujovic the patch comes out this Tuesday the 16, iirc it drops at 1pm EST.
  • Options
    @MilutinMujovic the patch comes out this Tuesday the 16, iirc it drops at 1pm EST.

Thanks for clarification Miss Kyle. I recall they mentioned Thursday as well, but looks like they'll just release some video then.
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited July 2019
    I really like the re branding. I do like the old loading screen better but I'm not bothered by the new one. I believe they used to change up loading screens in older versions of the game every now and then without saying something to us. I understand a new look with a game that will be out and in production over five years.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    munroele wrote: »
    I'd talk about it, but I like it and therefore my voice is drowned out and I'm considered to be a sheep who buys and believes everything EA tells me. :/

I'll be a sheep with you. I love it too! To be fair, the fact you and i both love occults also makes us the black sheep of this forum, seeing how many HATE anything occult. At least we like the update, so no need for us to be upset about it, which is nice.

Good to know, lol!
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    edited July 2019
    Okay, let me start by saying that re-branding is cool.
    However, in my opinion, it was executed terribly.

I love the new pack cover designs, just would wish for a better distinction between game packs and expansion packs. The colors teal and blue are very similar at first glance. I've seen some comments that the pack covers look like book jacket covers and this is exactly what's engaging for me. I am an avid reader and these covers give me the impression of inviting me in to discover more about the subjects on the cover.

I also like the icon changes. Other than background color the actual icons are the same. If you'd asked me to name all the pack icon colors I'd be hard pressed to do so. However, I do know the icon for C&D is a paw, for GTW, a briefcase. for GF, a director's chair, and so on. I prefer the simplicity of the blue icons on a white background.

I like the new design on the starting screen. I like the horizontal placement of the pack icons much better than the stacked placement we have now. Side by side the new design is just more appealing. To me.

I'll reserve judgement on the loading screen until I actually see it in game.

• Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    The graphic designers for Sims 4 need to be replaced. All of that is an utter eyesore.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif