Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 is getting a complete "refresh" in design and look. I guess TS5 isn't happening soon....

123457...Next

Comments

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    Well, after downloading yesterday's patch I started TS4 and was blinded by the horrific beauty of the new loading screen. Then my 26 inch screen suddenly bit the dust, so today I spent most of my free time hunting down offers of my local tech stores. It was time consuming and came with unexpected costs, but there was one moment today that made me smile. I suddenly imagined my old screen's last words:

"I'd rather die."

Do you sometimes feel that your TV or computer is looking at you and you killed it with your hate?

Mark Zuckerberg covers his webcam up, so I do too!

Reminds me of someone in the UK cancelling their Amazon Prime membership on Alexa and it then started calling him a "....head". True!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/9390172/alexa-insults-man-cancelled-amazon-prime-subscription/
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    If they had done a community rebranding vote that would have been great. Give us a couple different mock ups to choose from and go from there. This is just.......yuck. I'm usually one who is annoyed by the constant complaints and nitpicking in the community. But I absolutely do not understand the point of "fixing" something that wasn't broken when there is plenty of room for improvement elsewhere.
  • TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 190 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    Do you sometimes feel that your TV or computer is looking at you and you killed it with your hate?
    There is too much passion between us three for real hate, but I know they are watching me.
    James Comey does so too, so it's probably a wise choice.
    Reminds me of someone in the UK cancelling their Amazon Prime membership on Alexa and it then started calling him a "....head". True!
    Alexa = Skynet. Technological singularity at work.

There is too much passion between us three for real hate, but I know they are watching me.
    James Comey does so too, so it's probably a wise choice.
    Alexa = Skynet. Technological singularity at work.

I've turned off my WiFi TV connection too! I'll be wearing a tin hat next.

BTW Maxis is changing the background to dark blue with the August Patch so the deluge of re-brand hate has had a result for the blue sensitive players. They do listen - sometimes. :)
  • Octavie88Octavie88 Posts: 140 Member
    edited July 2019
    I saw the new designs and immediately thought they looked super cheap and jarring. The green on the stuff packs is super gross and the colors of all the packs don't look good together. Also way to change the cover art so deep into the game's history. My friend's mom collects the boxes and now the newer packs won't match the old packs. It's going to look so gross on her shelf. I already miss the individuality of the old design. Making them unified(as in all stuff packs are now going to be puke green) seems lazy. If they just added some white it would make them look less jarring. It needs better contrast than just slightly darker shades being on the covers. If there was some white in there I'd be fine with the rebranding. Especially since I don't collect boxes and the rebranding doesn't affect the game itself
    Post edited by Octavie88 on
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    edited July 2019
    I've said it in other threads, but I speculate TS5 is a long ways away, and this seems to support that. They have to milk each iteration of the series for every penny that they possibly can, after all, and there's still so much shilling to be done with 4 for 5 to even be anywhere close to being announced, let alone released.

Also said this before, but I hate this redesign, I hate absolutely everything about it, it's all so garish and ugly. I miss pack icons being different colors, I miss the simple main screen, I miss having a loading screen that didn't threaten to blind me every time I make the mistake of looking at it. The new box art for the packs is hands down the worst (other than maybe the new look for the official website), they look horrendous and not like something that should ever be used to advertise a game, or anything that's intended to be remotely enjoyable. Someone else (can't remember who) said they look more like instruction manuals and I'm inclined to agree, the designs somehow managed to be both boring and obnoxious and do not in any way convey to me the possibility of a fun time.
    edited July 2019
    That bluescreen is on for much longer these days, so long that I thought Sims 4 was stuck so it is good that the colours are getting less intrusive.

I've got all the packs and play without mods etc. but heaved a sight of relief when it showed signs of life. I won't look at it now as I will minimise the screen to the desktop and watch the TV Sky News and read my Kindle book at the same time. Sims 4 has to wait until I am ready to play. Multi-tasker me! :)
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    The devs seem to be so worried to cut corners instead of adding stuff we want to the game to the extent that i'll never be able to understand why rebrading was an option for them. Could have remade the world maps instead.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    The devs seem to be so worried to cut corners instead of adding stuff we want to the game to the extent that i'll never be able to understand why rebrading was an option for them. Could have remade the world maps instead.

remaking world maps would be an in-house resources and development and is possibly still on the table. the rebrand was sent to an outside marketing team.