Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 is getting a complete "refresh" in design and look. I guess TS5 isn't happening soon....

Comments

• DyingLightDyingLight Posts: 309 Member
    This new rebranding is like the Sims 4.5, we're only halfway through the Sims 4 lifespan, it had to be done. :)
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    The game wouldn't have a budget at all if it weren't for marketing. Seriously.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    The only thing I have to say about the color choices, is there is NOT enough distinction between the aqua color for EPs, and the shade of blue for the GPs. Some people have difficulty discerning colors, as it is.

As for why EA has chosen to do this, is a mystery. Perhaps, one day they'll disclose it with their customers, but probably not. So, don't hold your breath.

Yes -- while I don't particularly like the shades of blue they've chosen, overall I'm "meh" about the rebrand. But the EP and the GP pack colors are too similar. I'd have made the EP a darker (not royal) blue instead of the teal, which clashes IMHO.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    This was done by the marketing team, not the devs.

This was done by the marketing team, not the devs.

THIS WAS DONE BY THE MARKETING TEAM, NOT THE DEVS.

I don't know how many more times this needs to be said. The gurus did not make these changes - people in marketing did. The gurus have to sell it because it's their game. Stop blaming them. They are still working on your toddler fixes, your dark meditation, and most likely your beloved University pack.
    And yet all Maxis Monthly had was this.

That's not true. It was the first 5 minutes. The rest was the new CAS system, object unlocks, and console update.

And Alexa Updates as well though the Island Music Update isn't on Alexa Yet. Probably coming Tuesday.
    The only thing I have to say about the color choices, is there is NOT enough distinction between the aqua color for EPs, and the shade of blue for the GPs. Some people have difficulty discerning colors, as it is.

As for why EA has chosen to do this, is a mystery. Perhaps, one day they'll disclose it with their customers, but probably not. So, don't hold your breath.

They did it cause of the 5th Anniversary of The Sims 4. That's what SimGuruLydsney said.
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »

I disagree. Marketing gets part of the billion TS4 made, they have to be paid (by contract) and the view of the players' is they should be let go, dispensed/ That 'money' spent on a marketing team such as this could go back into the game. So, yes, it does take money from profits that could go somewhere else.

Get rid of marketing? Lol.

Also marketing is how we get our Trailers.
  • MekoSharkMekoShark Posts: 161 Member
    "The people want university and fixed musical chairs."
    "Not on my watch. Let's give them Moschino and a new graphical design instead."

🤣🤣🤣
    Sharks need love too 🦈

• EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Alright I've just removed some comments in here that were totally unnecessary. Regardless of if you like or dislike the rebrand, calling for staff to be fired is totally uncalled for and completely unacceptable. Leave it out please and keep this thread constructive and civil.
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    The game wouldn't have a budget at all if it weren't for marketing. Seriously.

That is, If our hard spent money even goes to The Sims studio or if it does, do they even spend it on the game?
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited July 2019
    I've just been watching TV this morning and these colour blues shades are everywhere, all over the adverts and even on BBC Parliament intermissions! In my opinion EA/Maxis are keeping up to date and on trend.

I hope EA/Maxis stops reading Twitter and Forum comments as the view of everybody. I've counted about a dozen who post the most on Feedback, usually anti Sims 4. That's ok but us, who like the game have given up on Feedback as it is so toxic in there and tend to read Supposition and Rumor for new ideas and the Creator and story links to really enjoy what we are playing.

PS: I recently did a test on how good my colour recognition is and scored about 98%. It was interesting how many people didn't do half as well as that and didn't know their colour recognition was lacking in any way. This was not the usual green/red colour blindness test.
    Post edited by Simburian on
  • Dud3tteDud3tte Posts: 23 Member
    edited July 2019
    I play the Sims 4 on my Xbox, and I've just finished updating it. The loading screen hasn't changed, but the home screen has, with the new people on it.
    There are new clothing items including an LGBTQ+ shirt for kids and up. There is also an LGBTQ+ swimsuit for women which you can pair with shorts! EA has also added 2 new hairstyles for women that include a cute new updo, which is pictured on the new home screen. A beanie that comes in red, gray, and blue for both genders--teenagers and up. Men also got a tophat with a flower decoration around the brim.

NOTE: this is not all the new items, as I did not have the time to go in-depth. For more information, check out another discussion in the Forums
    Post edited by Dud3tte on
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I feel like the only one who likes the changes, it gives a nostalgic vibe of The Sims, it reminds me of the Sims 2 cover art. I’m very happy with this. I know it seems like a waste of time but it’s refreshing, besides the old design was bland and boring, this gives it more color, it’s more inviting. <3
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    I feel like the only one who likes the changes, it gives a nostalgic vibe of The Sims, it reminds me of the Sims 2 cover art. I’m very happy with this. I know it seems like a waste of time but it’s refreshing, besides the old design was bland and boring, this gives it more color, it’s more inviting. <3

I found your post refreshing as well! :)
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited July 2019
    ThunderNeb wrote: »
    The new look reminds me of bible study books.

Lol, not ALL of them! I think they look more like kids' Bible study books specifically. Check this out:

This is what the grown-up's collection of Bible study books look like:

They're a little more subdued, at least in color!

• jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    I like the main screen but that loading screen... :s
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • SpinningMouseSpinningMouse Posts: 2 New Member
    > @ListentoToppDogg said:
    > Chazzzy wrote: »
    >
    > What's the point of that? New cover designs? Who cares about that? Why don't they "revamp" some of the features of the game and make them work better?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > This X 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Yeah I agree. If they plan on keeping this game going for several more years I'd prefer they focus on keeping it working probably. I don't really care about these redesigns but it seems really pointless?
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited July 2019
    Why would they make expansion and game backs both blue? You can barely tell the difference, I have good vision and can tell the game pack is one shade darker but for others they might be not be able to. Looking at from a far you would think they're the same colors.
    giphy.gif

• AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    edited July 2019
    I'm so confused. Who decided putting blues (of which the EP and GP should not both be) on a blue background was a smart idea. Both as the pack art and icons it looks dreadful. The blues don't even share a tone so they clash. I have a whole lot of opinions about everything else but at the very least I want to know who decided on the blues. Also, if they were insisting on these colors, the Cyan color should probably have been for GP since it's more the middling color between the 'purer' blue and green.
  • HaskorentaroHaskorentaro Posts: 250 Member
    Maybe the art designer quit and now they got to downgrade the artwork on each pack to make it look it's a "refreshed look".
    tumblr_n5aovvMXfM1rwvdy0o1_500.gif
  • AnnaRAnnaR Posts: 23 Member
    What a waste of time. The original design was much better. Why won’t they put in their into adding or improving features???
  • AnnaRAnnaR Posts: 23 Member
    [quote="KaeChan2089;c-17156525"]Why? Because they are trying to hide their lackluster overdrawn and boring shell of a game with new interface and make up so we may just forget that it's so lackluster, they continue to beat a dead horse that is this installment of the series.[/quote]

RIP Sims. Sims is dead now
  • zuper_buuzuper_buu Posts: 12 New Member
    I personally don't like having to pop a pill just to keep playing the game migraine-free. Rebranding is normal, I don't care, but what I do care about is Customer Care and I don't even work for EA/Maxis; they have clearly not done a Sample Study to see if the colours chosen instil any negative reactions in people with light/colour sensitivity issues. I have my PC set down to reduce blue-light, and that loading screen still manages to give me a major headache. Regardless of if you like the rebrands overall design or not, we have a real issue here. It might not be an issue to "you" but there are other people who play this game that do have conditions like mine, and some people have far worse ones. It doesn't matter if it's a minority of the player base, to those who aren't effected you're just getting a redesign, but to those who are effected are (right now) just getting a slap in the face.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited July 2019
    domina89 wrote: »
    I've been a graphic designer for 20 years and this makes my heart hurt. Ugh.

I still can't believe they thought "Wow, this is a good new look" and paid someone for ... creating this.

I think the new main menu is okay, but I'd prefer the old one and the blue loading screen really hurts my eyes a bit. I am usually not very sensitive, it's just really bright. I hope they will tone it down a bit with future patches.
  • ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    I am with some other users. Sadly, because it took years for Sims 4 to be brought up to par (and in some aspects it still is not), it doesn't make sense for "Sims 5" to come out yet. I think they need to keep focusing on the game that they have. It has been designed to last a while.

My hope for the game to be quite honest is that they continue to update it.

I am hoping they bring us cars in some form or another. It would be nice to have at least Sims3 style cars, if not a mix of the Sims 2 style cars.

Also, I really hope, in some form, they bring us an update to the retail system. Maybe they could find a way to bring registers and sims lining up to purchase their items. I don't care if they have to charge us for it in a stuff pack lol just do it.

also, I find it silly that the individual neighborhoods aren't open in terms of the house holds are active. That would be a super great addition to the game. I love a lot about Sims 4... I really do - but that one always (among a million things) struck me as what the heck.

It was clear that they salvaged whatever Sims 4 was supposed to be and hence why it is not the game we thought it could be. However, I do believe they have done a good job with a lot of different aspects of the game. But they need to ditch the "if its not broke don't fix it" mentality they have had.

I'm looking forward to what else is in store. I'm hoping they deliver cars for the 5 year anniversary.
  • TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 190 Member
    Well, after downloading yesterday's patch I started TS4 and was blinded by the horrific beauty of the new loading screen. Then my 26 inch screen suddenly bit the dust, so today I spent most of my free time hunting down offers of my local tech stores. It was time consuming and came with unexpected costs, but there was one moment today that made me smile. I suddenly imagined my old screen's last words:

"I'd rather die."