Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 is getting a complete "refresh" in design and look. I guess TS5 isn't happening soon....

Comments

• gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    edited July 2019
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    One of my friends was saying that maybe the changed the style because they were tired of fanmade packs looking "official".

I told her that maybe they made the new design so ugly that the fan creators won't want to imitate the official design for their content

Well, I mean--

But speaking of fan-made stuff:

Someone redesigned the redesigns, lol.

The general look isn't that bad, now that I'm seeing this. It's just the colors.

I wish, at the very least, they kept the white background. It looks a lot neater that way. What they have now looks a bit too... loud, I guess.
    Post edited by gemjas on
  • munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

I refuse to update to this ugly plum redesign.

You'll never get any further updates aside from the last one for Island Living. If you sincerely hate it that much, maybe look into a mod that changes the colours to something you prefer, or heck, restores it back to the way it was. I have a mod that makes the white screen a darker colour, to be easier on my eyes, and another that stops the plumbob spinning in the loading screens, as it was too glitchy and annoyed me.
  • ThunderNebThunderNeb Posts: 55 Member
    The new look reminds me of bible study books.
  • YBNS2468YBNS2468 Posts: 240 Member
    I wanna cry!!! WHY??? i just don't get it... it's super ugly!!!! whats wrong with them??? please EA/MAXIS leave it the way it was!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member

I refuse to update to this ugly plum redesign.

So you're done with all future content? 🤔
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    This was done by the marketing team, not the devs.

THIS WAS DONE BY THE MARKETING TEAM, NOT THE DEVS.

I don't know how many more times this needs to be said. The gurus did not make these changes - people in marketing did. The gurus have to sell it because it's their game. Stop blaming them. They are still working on your toddler fixes, your dark meditation, and most likely your beloved University pack.
    And yet all Maxis Monthly had was this.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

I don't know how many more times this needs to be said. The gurus did not make these changes - people in marketing did. The gurus have to sell it because it's their game. Stop blaming them. They are still working on your toddler fixes, your dark meditation, and most likely your beloved University pack.

I mean, it also had a new CAS and new debug items, so that’s actually more than just some logo changes. I think it’s fine.

What I don’t think it is is evidence that the Sims 5 isn’t coming soon. That might be what it means, for sure. But if I were a marketing team knowing we were beginning work on a new video game whose very rumor of existence could slow sales of my existing product, an existing product I still need to move if we want to keep making money to MAKE that new game... I might go “well what’s a really easy-to-implement thing that will sell the idea that this game is our only focus to the consumer” and roll out a rebranding like this.

I’m not saying that’s definitely the case. It could really be that they still are focused 100% on Sims 4 and we’re not getting a new iteration soon if ever. But I am saying that marketing teams and game developers lie. They create an image they really want you to believe. And “The Sims 4 isn't stopping” is what they’d want you to believe if that were true and if it weren’t. So I’m not taking this as evidence in either direction.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • simmietimesimmietime Posts: 103 Member
    edited July 2019
    Hate the rebranding!
    Post edited by simmietime on
    simmietime wrote: »
    Sign this petition if you hate the rebranding http://chng.it/LPndjrYq

Petition and boycotts. Petitions and boycott discussions do not contribute to a useful and productive forum.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/922566/forum-dos-and-donts/p1?new=1
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I really like the designs and the color scheme, but why do you think that The Sims 5 is being delayed? The fact that it's been in development for so long (I believe that one of the gurus said that as soon as they launch one game they get to work on the next) might just mean that it will be the very BEST it can be, with as little bugs as possible. This should be a happy thought.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    The Sims 5 hasn't been delayed. This has nothing to do with TS5. We have 2 or 3 years more of TS4 left. They did this for the 5th anniversery of TS4.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2019
    Can anyone post screenshots? How is the new loading screen, main menu and cas?? Theres a story mode???!!!!

New loading screen:
    7FyaTkI.png

New main menu:
    LbKaXu9.png

It also adds the social networking symbols..you know it's not about playing but buying and talking about it. And if the players hate it this much then marketing needs to be fired.

ETA: Hey, marketing what do players hate? Ads in their games, any game. Even TS4 players hate a half of page of nagging to buy.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Can anyone post screenshots? How is the new loading screen, main menu and cas?? Theres a story mode???!!!!

New loading screen:
    7FyaTkI.png

New main menu:
    LbKaXu9.png

It also adds the social networking symbols..you know it's not about playing but buying and talking about it. And if the players hate it this much then marketing needs to be fired.

Honestly, the marketing team aren't the ones who make the UI for this game....although, they could have made the mock ups for the main menu and loading screen idk. Either way, this needs to be re-made because it's awful.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    That's a shame.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    So..Sims 4 has 14 stuff packs I mean, It's better if they divide these 14 stuff packs icon into smaller 7x2 icons, and put the second one below the first, it looks out of place to have the stuff packs section streched way too far to the right.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member

That's not true. It was the first 5 minutes. The rest was the new CAS system, object unlocks, and console update.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

That's not true. It was the first 5 minutes. The rest was the new CAS system, object unlocks, and console update.
    More recolors than can port to mobile to sell for a price to those players.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Really excited for the CAS system. I rarely go into to CAS to make new sims as I download most of my neighborhood sims from the Gallery. I am really looking forward to designing some sims that are more personable and relatable to me and my type of gameplay.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019

Really excited for the CAS system. I rarely go into to CAS to make new sims as I download most of my neighborhood sims from the Gallery. I am really looking forward to designing some sims that are more personable and relatable to me and my type of gameplay.

I'm happy for you, but literally you don't need a quiz for that. You can do exactly what you could before, they just have the option to have a head start in some skills, careers and funds.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1

I'm happy for you, but literally you don't need a quiz for that. You can do what you could before, they just have the option to have a head start in some skills, careers and funds.

But I love quizzes.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    And it's not like original CAS is going away. The Story mode is optional. Options are good.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    The only thing I have to say about the color choices, is there is NOT enough distinction between the aqua color for EPs, and the shade of blue for the GPs. Some people have difficulty discerning colors, as it is.

As for why EA has chosen to do this, is a mystery. Perhaps, one day they'll disclose it with their customers, but probably not. So, don't hold your breath.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    To be frank, those who complain EP and GP having very similar colors to each other I find that very reassuring. Like sometimes I don't get the difference between the two types and sometimes I question "which is which?" when a dlc is released :D
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited July 2019
    To be frank, those who complain EP and GP having very similar colors to each other I find that very reassuring. Like sometimes I don't get the difference between the two types and sometimes I question "which is which?" when a dlc is released. You know, the two can be confusing at times :D
    NNpYlHF.jpg