Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 is getting a complete "refresh" in design and look. I guess TS5 isn't happening soon....

Comments

• Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    If it wasn't so bright and had more white space it wouldn't be so bad. I'll miss the different colors for the packs though.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Why is everybody talking about Sims 5? Because many many current and old players are totally ready for a successor. We don’t care about EA’s plans. We care about our own self-interest.
    I mean, I get that, but even if you don't care, EA is making the plans and there won't be a Sims 5 in the near future.
    That’s speculation too, we really don’t know anything. People just like to speculate about things they long for. For some that’s a feature Sims 4 pack, for others it’s Sims 5/a simulation game by another company.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Drakos wrote: »
    Nevermind you all ruin sims 3 for me
    How..? I’m about to start up the game.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    I like it! :) I don't know why people think TS5 is happening.

Ah hear let me explain our first clue came when EA put up an advert for some new developers to work on a ew Sims this I mean this May be the redesign or some new blood for some new packs and updates or something but it did allud to TS5 this next clue is that SimGuruGraham has left the TS4 development to work on something else In Maxis somthing unannounced. I admit it’s a bit like playing chess in the dark every post job listening press conference spine tinges you got to pay attention to that the long and the short of it.
  • Options
    adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    Jeez, the new main menu is terrible. But I like the fact they changed the loading screens background darker, the white used to hurt my eyes - especially when playing in dark surroundings.
    As everyone has said I'm gonna miss the colors for EP/GP/SPs.
    As I stated on another thread, I don't know why they would use their time and energy fixing something that wasn't broken in the first place, 'cos atm I'm having really bad gameplay issues in live mode: the best thing about sims - toddlers - are unplayable and I have them in almost all my households and I just really hope the patch is gonna fix these issues also, not just this useless (even bad) new branding stuff.
    Please EA, Maxis, anyone... just focus on the issues that need to be fixed for the game to be playable, enjoyable and interesting.
    origin ID: adduapina
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    They look like the little books we read when we were in kindergarten. I saw some other posters thought the same thing, but yeah...to me they look like preschool books. I thought the original packaging was nice. This looks very juvenile to me.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    They look like the little books we read when we were in kindergarten. I saw some other posters thought the same thing, but yeah...to me they look like preschool books. I thought the original packaging was nice. This looks very juvenile to me.

OMG same thing here ahahaha They look like my elementary school manual covers!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    What the plum. This looks hideous. I'm already waiting for modders to bring back the old look.

5 years in, tons of content missing but hey! Look! A new loading screen.

*facepalm*
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Really? So..how does any of this add to gameplay? Who asked for this? Did we ask for? Sigh..Here we go again....

SP: can we get university next?
    EA: here's a stranger thing, Strangetown 2.0, little shop of horrors hybrid pack!
    SP: Er..cool? So univer-
    EA: here's a new loading screen in the color blue!

Just...what?

latest?cb=20141108215227[img][/img]
    giphy.gif

• Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Didn't they create the loading screen like twice? I like the first original loading screen then they change it to the boring spinning pumbob
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    I feel like this is a last-ditch effort to make people forget the game came out nearly five years ago.
    well it worked, now it looks like it came out five decades ago.

200.gif

Maxis: We are re-branding TS4. We need a new loading screen, a new logo, a new main screen and new dlc covers.

Design Company: How ugly and outdated do you want them to look?

Maxis: YES!
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Well I found this neat comparison.

image0.jpg?width=676&height=676

no way, they literally took the loading screen from windows lol
    giphy.gif

• Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I had to laugh while watching the Maxis Monthly vod. OMG What were they thinking? The only reason I watched that vod was to find out when we can expect some bug fixes or some features for Island Living that had been left out. And they lead off with that horrid bright blue loading screen? Come on, teams! We know for a fact you guys can do better than this. We can see the teams are being micro-managed to death simply in the way new ideas are so poorly executed, why packs feel incomplete and in how buggy the game is. Granted, there were features they talked about that I might enjoy playing around with, but not enough to take my chances at downloading another update. I don't care how much fluff they add to it, nothing will make me install it. My one and only hope for this rebranding is for it to be one of the last steps before they finally do the conversion. All the free stuff for the base game, changing CAS by adding a bit of a storyline element and a trait randomizer, then (shudder) creating new pack art and a very puzzling and ugly new loading screen, is all happening so the Simmers with older systems get some surprises before their support is dropped. And from the sound of it that will be happening after Realm Of Magic is released. While we appreciate the effort that went into the new pack art and loading screen, we cannot say we appreciate the final product as it was presented to us. It's kinda cute they think we're little kids all excited and jumping in glee because of these changes. LOL If that was the reaction they were hoping for....I can't say what I want to say here so use your imagination. :p Oh, speaking of imagination, how about some cool new ideas for gameplay rather than fixing stuff that wasn't broken or was one of the things we have never asked to be changed/altered or generally made unrecognizeable?

Of all the awesome things waiting to be put into the game, this update was the best idea they could come up with? And the most important components of the update worthy of being the main topics of this vod were the CAS changes and all the evironmental decor? If that's the case I don't even want to know what else is in that update. And speaking of updates, how about splitting these into two parts. One part for bug fixes and the second part for the fluff they like to add, and some of us don't want. Then allow us to choose of what we think is important to download. Any changes that need to be made to the base game when they release a new pack of any kind, should be included in the pack itself. I have never quite understood why these pre-pack updates were needed. Or why they always include more CAS and B/B assets that almost always should have been included in the pack being released. Sorry, I am getting way off topic here. I'm just so tired of nothing being done to make this game a great game. Right now it is somewhere in the middle. Not bad but not very good either. And from the way the gurus have been talking, Sims5 is still three to four years away. Okay, if they think Sims4 is capable of evolving into a great game, EA needs to give the teams more time and resources, and the right working environment so they can create the kind of content the fans want and the game desperately needs. Who knows how much money EA paid for the new art work that, so far, has not been well received by this community. What a huge waste. The teams, some of them having been with the franchise most of their adult lives, could have done a much better job with the art work and the color scheme. I hate to think what the other choices they had to choose from were like if this was the best one they had to go with.

But we are stuck with it, I guess. I'll probably take another look at the vod later today. Maybe my laughter drowned out one of the gurus talking about something important and I missed it. Anything is possible.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    One of my friends was saying that maybe the changed the style because they were tired of fanmade packs looking "official".

I told her that maybe they made the new design so ugly that the fan creators won't want to imitate the official design for their content
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    One of my friends was saying that maybe the changed the style because they were tired of fanmade packs looking "official".

I told her that maybe they made the new design so ugly that the fan creators won't want to imitate the official design for their content

Well now the official packs don't look official. lol
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

Well now the official packs don't look official. lol

:joy:

All this 🍵
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    This was done by the marketing team, not the devs.

This was done by the marketing team, not the devs.

THIS WAS DONE BY THE MARKETING TEAM, NOT THE DEVS.

I don't know how many more times this needs to be said. The gurus did not make these changes - people in marketing did. The gurus have to sell it because it's their game. Stop blaming them. They are still working on your toddler fixes, your dark meditation, and most likely your beloved University pack.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I know everyone is complaining but atleast the Island Living Eps Teal Color atleast matches the theme of what color an island pack should be.
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    Drakos wrote: »
    Nevermind you all ruin sims 3 for me

I don't understand what you mean by that.....

Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I hate the bright blue screen so much :'(
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    There’s also going to be a launch video when you launch the game too. Remember there was a thread saying do you miss it from past games.