The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wanna Hear Something Strange?

Currently I'm in Lucky Palms. I finally found a little time to work a bit more on my 'World Renovations' which basically is me redefining the world by updating various lots and adding new builds which enhance the theme and purpose of the world.

Well, in this game session, I decided to give the Military base a good overhaul as I felt its current (natural) condition was a poor reflection on the town. Since, I work with my Sims during their days, I don't get to work on their world until after they have gone to bed for the night. At 4am I save all the progress I've made during that game session.

It was after the 12am game maintenance sweep when I began working. The world was quiet and all of the Sims were in their homes (I guess), as this part of town is like a ghost town at night, with no one moving about on the streets. Since I am working at night, I turn on daylight so I can see what I'm doing.

So, there I was, tooling along laying fresh terrain paints, updating the weather worn jet and was just about to begin working on placing a fresh 'black top' on the parking area when someone caught my eye. Across the street, quietly watching me work was my Sim Ricky. He wasn't there when I began working on the lot. The game was in a paused state and I take no breaks until I've completed what I am working on. So, I honestly don't know when he 'appeared'; but there he was none-the-less, standing directly across the street watching me work.

Ricky is a Military Sim who resides in the little home closest to the Military Base. He is a townie and not under my direction. I wasn't bothered by the fact he was there, just a little surprised to see him. I exited the build, left 'edit town' mode, and un-paused the game to see if Ricky may have been in route to his home and somehow had gotten stuck across the street. Turns out Ricky wasn't stuck nor was he trying to go home. I gave him a little time to see if he would go home but he didn't, he just stayed in spot looking around as if he was waiting for me to continue.

I stayed on the street with Ricky for nearly two real world minuets, since he made no attempt to go home and wasn't stuck, I figured he wanted to watch me work. It was nearing NRaas' 3am clean-up time when I decided to return to working on the base. So, I paused again and continued on. Once I had made all of the changes I wanted to make, I left edit town mode and un-paused the game. Ricky looked at the 'new lot' for a minute then after a moment he promptly turned around and began walking home. As I watched him leave, I had to smile. After all that, he didn't even tell me if he liked what he saw or not!

jlrgzx823hszi4x6g.jpg[/URL][/img]

Comments

• CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Awww Ricky was supervising your construction seeing if it was up to military code. :love: Sims are adorable

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,214 Member
  • WainwrongWainwrong Posts: 89 Member
    The wiki says theres no ricky in lucky palms. Maybe he was freshly spawned to work there?
    @Wainwrong - Ricky is my Sim, he was created by me. I moved him from my active household once his wife divorced him for his womanizing behavior. So, he is currently a townie.
    mw1525 wrote: »
    @Wainwrong - Ricky is my Sim, he was created by me. I moved him from my active household once his wife divorced him for his womanizing behavior. So, he is currently a townie.

Would'nt he just be unplayed in another household instead of being an homeless townie?

Maybe he exited the military base, changed into his casual clothes, and got stuck for a while there.
    edited July 2019
    @Wainwrong - Ricky isn't homeless, he has a house in the world, that makes him a townie. Although, it's very hard to see in the picture, he is wearing the work outfit I created for him (not the game assigned one, but no one would know that except for me). Also, he was never stuck. I have NRass' Error Trap and Overwatch in play, if he were stuck before I started working on the lot they would have caught him, reset him and sent him home (I wouldn't have had to wait until the 3am clean-up). Besides, I spent nearly two real world minutes with him by the road side and he moved just fine.

No, Ricky was just being Ricky as I've come to know him. He just wanted to 'watch' me work. Although, I don't know what he may have actually seen since the game is paused in build mode. I imagine to him the lot changes would appear as an instantaneous snap once I restarted the game clock! :D
    Post edited by mw1525 on
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    Ricky could've prepared himself to break into the military building so as to steal some top secret files. However, he stopped in awe because of the startling changes and made up his mind to head for home as he must've felt he needed some nectar.
    @thuggishsplicer - After what Ricky recently put me through, he better hope I don't send him on mission to parts 'unknown' :D!

Being in build mode, I couldn't get a close enough shot of him. Still, here's a better look:
    ad5gez7x68tpeq46g.jpg[/URL][/img]
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    @mw1525 Again proving that Sims 3 sims have personalities and lives without their 'supervisors' around! This is such a greate post. Thanks for sharing
    Yep. They can live outside lots too, and chose to hang out nearby.
    @ZeeGee - You're Welcome. I've always found the Sims of this game to be very entertaining and surprising in the things they choose to do.

@Wainwrong - I agree, Townies do seem to have a deeper life of their own. However, in all my years of playing, I've never seen one hang out by themselves in 'routing space', let alone after dark ;).
    edited July 2019
    @ZeeGee - You're Welcome. I've always found the Sims of this game to be very entertaining and surprising in the things they choose to do.

@Wainwrong - I agree, Townies do seem to have a deeper life of their own. However, in all my years of playing, I've never seen one hang out by themselves in 'routing space', let alone after dark ;).

Maybe the game simply kept him there after he exited the rabbithole. Like a reset thing? Sometimes I've had sims go to work and suddenly they and their colleagues were all behind the rabbithole instead.
    @Wainwrong - This didn't take place during working hours. It was shortly after midnight when I went over to work on the base. Ricky would have been standing there most of the day if he had just left work and became stuck. If he were stuck, NRass' Error Trap and/or Overwatch would have caught him and reset him. A Sim who is 'reset' is always taken to their home, even under EA's standard of 'resetSim', at no time would he have been out on the street (where he is standing) without wanting to 'go some place'.

I stood with Ricky for a minute odd, plenty of time for him to call up his car and drive off (if that was what he wanted to do). Or, just go home. He didn't. He looked around, scratched his head, stop and looked at the base, and looked around some more. He kept those idle animations going for nearly the two minuets I was with him. When I saw he wasn't stuck and he wasn't planning on leaving, I went on about my business of working with the lot. Ricky didn't actually walk away until after I had finished. He gave the lot one final look, turned around and walked to his home.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    My theory is that what Ricky also likes to watch and may have been waiting for was the Military staff to blow Reveille on the bugle and raise the flag to begin the day's operations. He was a bit early though, as that happens at 5 am I think it is sim time. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    How fun... It's so Sims 3! :lol:
    @igazor - Knowing Ricky, he's probably standing there wondering why he's watching the ground change from sand to grass, instead of seeing the 'Pancake House' I promised to build in the little lot across from the Base 'magically' materializing :D!

@Rflong7 - Yep! :D;)
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2019
    Never, ever underestimate the power of freshly made pancakes (and pastries). Even digital ones. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    You should move a pancake-themed sim in the pancake house and have her marry ricky
    @Wainwrong - Since Ricky is recently divorced, I don't think he'll be looking for a committed relationship anytime soon. Besides, I have other plans for him.

qvrv81k8ug6k08f6g.jpg[/URL][/img]
    @Wainwrong - Since Ricky is recently divorced, I don't think he'll be looking for a committed relationship anytime soon. Besides, I have other plans for him.

qvrv81k8ug6k08f6g.jpg[/URL][/img]

So you had him cheat and divorce your sim because you want him to be a mummy? That would be funny

Who ends up living in the pancake house?
    @Wainwrong - I didn't have Ricky cheat on his wife, how did you come up with that?. I said he was a womanizer, not a cheater. In fact, Ricky has a spotless romantic reputation and has never actually 'cheated' in his entire marriage, he just made it seem as if he would. And, both he and his wife are my Sims as in I created them both.

The short message of the three images is: I'm sending Ricky on mission to Egypt.
    (Military Pilot + Military Jet = Military Mission in Egypt) :)

A 'Pancake House' is a type of breakfast restaurant and not an actual home. In America, a well known 'Pancake House' would be iHop (International House of Pancakes). ATS3 has a French Pancake Restaurant set for download if you are interested.

French Pancake Restaurant:
    https://aroundthesims3.com/objects/room_downtown_32.shtml
    @Wainwrong - I didn't have Ricky cheat on his wife, how did you come up with that?. I said he was a womanizer, not a cheater. In fact, Ricky has a spotless romantic reputation and has never actually 'cheated' in his entire marriage, he just made it seem as if he would. And, both he and his wife are my Sims as in I created them both.

The short message of the three images is: I'm sending Ricky on mission to Egypt.
    (Military Pilot + Military Jet = Military Mission in Egypt) :)

A 'Pancake House' is a type of breakfast restaurant and not an actual home. In America, a well known 'Pancake House' would be iHop (International House of Pancakes). ATS3 has a French Pancake Restaurant set for download if you are interested.

French Pancake Restaurant:
    https://aroundthesims3.com/objects/room_downtown_32.shtml

Ah, you mean like she wanted someone less flirty\pervy. Maybe she wants a nerd? Or a butch lesbian?
    Or is she just going to be a single mom?
    Will the story end when he comes back from the military mission?
    @Wainwrong - While Ricky is a fun Sim and I do enjoy talking about him, I don't want to go too far off topic of my thread.

===

I think Gwen wants what most married couples want from their partners, fidelity. As far as I know, Sims aren't designed to be in polyamorous relationships, that's a lifestyle choice which players can decide and choose to guide for them. The fact Ricky likes to flirt wasn't (and isn't) the problem, the fact he chose to do it with other women is.

Ricky and Gwen do not have children.

After he returns from Egypt, Ricky will go back to being a Lucky Palms townie and continue on with his life as he sees fit. If he should do anything amazing or out of the norm (like watching me build), I will be sure to post about it. ;)
    @Wainwrong - While Ricky is a fun Sim and I do enjoy talking about him, I don't want to go too far off topic of my thread.

===

I think Gwen wants what most married couples want from their partners, fidelity. As far as I know, Sims aren't designed to be in polyamorous relationships, that's a lifestyle choice which players can decide and choose to guide for them. The fact Ricky likes to flirt wasn't (and isn't) the problem, the fact he chose to do it with other women is.

Ricky and Gwen do not have children.

After he returns from Egypt, Ricky will go back to being a Lucky Palms townie and continue on with his life as he sees fit. If he should do anything amazing or out of the norm (like watching me build), I will be sure to post about it. ;)

That's ok!
  • PricklyTrashPricklyTrash Posts: 7 New Member
    That's... A little creepy, but it's so interesting to see what Sims will do on their own without supervision!