Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next update. New content or base game fixes?

Ive heard a rumor that the next maxis monthly might share about a new game update but i was dissapointed to hear they may just add more objects to the game. Don't get me wrong more game content is nice but I'd rather them focus on the base game itself to make the game feel more alive. Like adding more social interactions or adding a fear emotion or updating the traits so they have more impact on who a sim is. Adding a negative points system so sims feel failure when they don't reach their goals to make the rewards feel all the more rewarding. Adding a better attraction system. Adding more whims, while also fixing the bugs in the games. Im just wondering how many people feel this way or would rather have new game objects or clothes?

Next update. New content or base game fixes? 99 votes

Base game fixes and play style adding fear emotion new interactions, failure and rewards system etc..
88%
Akl500Pauroraael14Meg1_B2icmnfrshJeanrudy8292bandit5aprilroseMadstarletColorist40jonilla1PlayerSinger2010Writin_RegIsb917CynnaMariefoxprice83Paigeisin5DJQ1308Cinebaralanmichael1 88 votes
New house objects or clothes
11%
mock68catloverplayerdavina1221DragonAge_300905ZenAlchemistDeKayEnkiSchmidtHorrorgirl6ddd994cheescaeksEvie0602 11 votes

Comments

• Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Base game fixes and play style adding fear emotion new interactions, failure and rewards system etc..
    I mean we could be getting a base game update we don’t know it’s house objects and CAS stuff. They update things in the base game too pretty often, at least once a year it seems. A lot of the stuff currently in the base game wasn’t originally there like toddlers, terrain tools, pools, ghosts, gender update, and I know I’m missing more. I’d of course prefer new interaction like stuff vs objects but currently we don’t know what they are announcing. I’m not saying get hyped because that never works out well, but don’t be disappointed yet either 😉.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I think what you mean by base game fix is just new content but for free cause it's a "fix".
    I wouldn't mind either. Cause all of it is new stuff.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    I would love for them to work on bug fixes. The fruitcake bug is still there and that's like a 5 year old bug :/
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    edited July 2019
    I want them to fix bugs in the game but adding new emotions and traits is like adding new content which I think would cause more bugs if they didn't do it in a pack. They would likely test it before releasing it in a pack.

I'm thinking of the 'off the grid' lot trait that was released in a patch. It needs the game content to work like washing counters, cleaning objects, and the wash tub to work in the lot trait. They released it without really testing how it would work in the game.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited July 2019
    We have more than enough objects in the game already. I would prefer bug fixes and new play style options like improved personalities, consequences to actions, some random events here and there. Maybe some new traits and for all traits to be more meaningful.

Better babies would be nice as well.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    edited July 2019
    Ain't no amount of bug fixes can fix the game totally, so at this point, I'll just take the free stuff. LOL.

Plus, I think adding new play features should be counted as adding new objects in the game. 🙈
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    Fixes. Island Living has quite a few glitches that really need to be addressed!!
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I doubt there will ever be a time that I do not opt for some bug squashing.
  • Options
    ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Tbh, after adding off the grid trait to base game, they should add some items that would be suitable to this kind of play. I mean they had the chance to do an off the grid pack, but added it to base game, so....?

While it would be nice to have the things you’ve mentioned in free updates, I feel like they could all be implemented in EPs, and therefor probably would be prioritised that way.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I think the gurus said the maxis monthly won't be talking about anything new actually. I don't think it's known if we'll even get an update this month. But what we need are bug fixes way more than any new clothes, so if we do get a July patch it better be for bug fixes.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Both probably.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Even though I rarely encounter bugs I voted for them to fix bugs because so many other simmers I know do get a lot of bugs - and I would rather see people enjoying their games then posting about bugs. I think everyone should be able to enjoy their game - as much as I do.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    Free new stuff is nice, but I'd definitely prefer bugfixes.
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Fixes would be nice. There's plenty to fix.
  • Options
    Humility925Humility925 Posts: 152 Member
    edited July 2019
    More bug, more important to fix before add new stuff and new bug to already more bug lists.
  • Options
    adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    edited July 2019
    If it's not broken, why fix it? My game works fine, there's not too many bugs going on (nothing that good old resetsim can't handle / edit: except the High Chair problem....), but I'd like the base game to be updated. Like @Sharonia said:
    Sharonia wrote: »
    We have more than enough objects in the game already. I would prefer bug fixes and new play style options like improved personalities, consequences to actions, some random events here and there. Maybe some new traits and for all traits to be more meaningful.
    Better babies would be nice as well.

I'd really love the traits to affect my sims more and the NPCs too. I want my sims to feel whole, as much like "real people" and now it just seems that they lack something. "Enthuse about Outdoors" and such are boring, because we already have the options to Enthuse about Interests or Discuss Interests. I'd love my outdoorsy sim to autonomously go to the garden or grill something if I'm playing another sim atm, or my geeky sim to go play videogames or bookworms to start reading. Atm, it seems that some traits are more "powerful" than others (especially those which give emotional boosts like inspired/self-assured/erratic etc.) And that's only because of the emotional buffs they give.
    New traits would be awesome! I, as many others, have played this game +1k hours and it's nice to have something new every now and then. I'd like from previous games at least Handy, Heavy and Light sleepers to return. And as mentioned above, I think Loves Outdoors is a nice trait, but I miss Angler and Green Thumb quite a lot.

I would love the memory system to be updated to more like the one in TS2/TS3. Now it's really not doing it for me. What it means is that I find it difficult to follow my sims lifespan if I return to an older save. They did it better before, so they fixed what wasn't broken in the first place.

Though we already got nice new stuff lately, like the freelancer career in a patch I'd wish (*cough* for more career options still *cough*) there will be a new patch coming soon.
    Post edited by adduapina on
    origin ID: adduapina
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I don't foresee any big updates anytime in the next 3-6 months since we just recently got the freelance career, randomize button in cas, and stilt foundations.

We might get a smaller feature in that time, but I don't really see a big feature, like the ones you're asking for, anytime soon.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    I don't foresee any big updates anytime in the next 3-6 months since we just recently got the freelance career, randomize button in cas, and stilt foundations.

We might get a smaller feature in that time, but I don't really see a big feature, like the ones you're asking for, anytime soon.

One can always hope :)
  • Options
    LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    It's a no brainer. Don't get me wrong. I appreciate all the assets they give us in updates, but EA is waaay to slow to fix bugs in this game.
  • Options
    Fluffypuppy245  Fluffypuppy245 Posts: 2 New Member
    Just a thought, but I was building in Sulani and realized we don't have any bright/tropical colored roof trim swatches. Wouldn't it be awesome if we got more roof trim swatches in an update? I was thinking of some bright turquoise/blue, bright greens, reds, oranges, yellows, and maybe purples and coral. Does anyone feel the same? I would love to know. Also, I tried looking for cc roof trims but didn't have any luck.
  • Options
    Fluffypuppy245  Fluffypuppy245 Posts: 2 New Member
    Aside from the roof trim idea. Bug fixes would really be nice.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    I look at stuff packs, game packs and Expansions for new objects and clothes. But, things that are added to the base game like interactions, an attraction system and new traits are something that can be built upon. I want real babies and children to be able to play together without objects.
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Moved this over to speculation and rumour :smile:
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited July 2019
    Taken the first but what I'd like to see in the upcoming patch is: base game & plenty of IL bug fixes, swimming in open water in all worlds, ability to place rentals in all worlds, and updates to sim personalities (especially the moodlet system). A girl can dream :sunglasses:
  • Options
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I look at stuff packs, game packs and Expansions for new objects and clothes. But, things that are added to the base game like interactions, an attraction system and new traits are something that can be built upon. I want real babies and children to be able to play together without objects.

Oh I totally forgot to mention the attraction system and favorites! I want to pick who my sims are attracted to and what's their favorite food and drink :)