Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Guess the Realm of Magic release date game!

No prize, because I have no money and don't even have all the packs myself (lol), but just for bragging rights and fun!

We know that Realm of Magic is coming out "this fall", but nothing else. Place your bets below! Pick and date, and if you're right - uhhhh, you get to say you were right!
Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.

Comments

• MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    I've seen someone here say September because of fiscal year something and because it's the last of 6 months sinse Maxis announced those EP+SP+GP in half a year. Sounds legit. But the theme - Witches - just screams Halloween to me :)
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I'd say, either Early September, or Late November, maybe even December.
    Personally I would rather Realm of Magic, as did Vampires, and hopefully future Supernatural and magical life states to have nothing to do with Halloween.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    September 24, the last Tuesday of September.

Spooky Stuff was released on September 29, 2015, also the last Tuesday of September. They want to release it as close to Halloween as possible. At the same time, they also want to release it in September for revenue recognition purposes. October is the start of a new fiscal quarter, meaning that if it was released in October, EA cannot recognize its revenue until December is over. Meanwhile if they released it September, EA can recognize its revenue as soon as September is over. Taking these two factors into account, I’d say the last Tuesday of September makes the most sense.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    @elelunicy beat me to it, but I am also predicting September 24.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    I agree with the 24th September as well.
    #Team Occult
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    September, anyway.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • JayGloverJayGlover Posts: 60 Member
    Micheal said the Moschino stuff pack will be released late summer. So I would expect an announcement in mid Aug for a beginning of September release. I can’t see any Realm of Magic announcement coming this quarter.

I would predict the RoM announcement to come at the end of October for an end of November release as I feel this pack has been suggested for a few years & will be very popular so I think EA will heavily market the release date over a few weeks.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    Late summer would be in August so I think the stuff pack will come up sometimes in the first two weeks of August and the game pack the last week of September.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited July 2019
    Actually stupid me, forgot about Halloween. Yeah, I revise my guess. It has to be before Halloween so maybe early October.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    My guess is October 8th.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    it has to be September at the latest or they want be able to fit it in to their six month time frame that started April 9th
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Either September or October.
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »

Spooky Stuff was released on September 29, 2015, also the last Tuesday of September. They want to release it as close to Halloween as possible. At the same time, they also want to release it in September for revenue recognition purposes. October is the start of a new fiscal quarter, meaning that if it was released in October, EA cannot recognize its revenue until December is over. Meanwhile if they released it September, EA can recognize its revenue as soon as September is over. Taking these two factors into account, I’d say the last Tuesday of September makes the most sense.

I agree with this, except lately I feel like games release more on Fridays, so I'd guess September 27.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Ivyeyed wrote: »
    elelunicy wrote: »

I agree with this, except lately I feel like games release more on Fridays, so I'd guess September 27.

Expansions are released on Fridays. This is because EPs have physical copies and European retailers only sell new games on Fridays.

GPs and SPs are still released on Tuesdays.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    edited July 2019
    I think it will be September. I think their plan is to release one GP or EP each quarter. We had Strangerville in Quarter 1 and Island Living in Q2.

They will be doing an expansion toward the end of the year in time for the holiday period, so that is Q4's (Oct-Dec) release. That means Realm of Magic has to come out in quarter 3 which is July, August and September. The pack is announced for fall, so we can rule out July and August. So by process of elimination the pack must be coming in September.
  • Ms_MikaMs_Mika Posts: 18 Member
    September 27th
  • LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    If they're going to stick to their promise earlier this year, then September is the latest, and most likely, date. If they go into October then that is into the third quarter / second half of the financial year and they said it would be in the first. However, time will tell.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    I couldn't see any rhyme or reason to release dates except they avoid October. (financial)? I was looking at the release dates for all the packs on the Sim4 Wikipedia. (bottom of the page). I'd guess September 17th or 24th if there was to be another expansion pack later to catch the Christmas shopping period.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_4#Game_packs