Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ways/Places to fish on the Island

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    @Karababy52 : Can you place the fishing sign under water? It seems like it should fix the visual. I'll have to try this.

"Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    simstr0ng wrote: »
    @Amapola76 - for the fish trap choose "empty" and you should see a list of what was in the trap in the notes (upper right corner) and the items appear in the inventory of the person who emptied the trap.

Sorry you are still having problems fishing from the canoe. Just clicking on the canoe should give you the fish option. Has your Sim ever fished before? Perhaps the Sim must do that at a regular fishing spot first...I'm at a loss for ideas why it does not work for you.

Thank you, this is exactly the information I was looking for!

It appears that fishing may just be buggy for me then, as it looks like I've been following the right steps for both the trap and the canoe, with no luck. I've tried choosing empty, even after "Check the trap" elicits a message that the trap is full, and still nothing has appeared for me. With both the canoe and the trap, I've tried with multiple sims, including those who already had fishing skill up to level 7. But at least now I know how it's supposed to work; hopefully it will be resolved when we eventually get a patch.
  • Options
    simstr0ngsimstr0ng Posts: 679 Member
    @Amapola76 Best of luck getting a fix.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I put a fishing sign in all the beaches. they work nice. I also think that you have to put the trap in deeper water, not near shore, I have not tried the boat fishing as yet. that is my next thing.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    I put a fishing sign in all the beaches. they work nice. I also think that you have to put the trap in deeper water, not near shore, I have not tried the boat fishing as yet. that is my next thing.

The fish trap works well at waist deep water.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    I put a fishing sign in all the beaches. they work nice.

How do you put fishing signs on all the beaches? I am not seeing how to do that.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    simstr0ng wrote: »
    I put a fishing sign in all the beaches. they work nice.

How do you put fishing signs on all the beaches? I am not seeing how to do that.

Cheatcodes I presume. I find no real reason to cheat in this case, there are TONS of places to fish.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I use the traps a lot, if you put them deep in water, you get a lot of fish. Canoes are a great option as well! Bookmarking this thread for future reference, thank you so much, everyone!
  • Options
    @Karababy52 - thanks for the reminder - I'll try again on placing the fishing sign on a dock.
  • Options
    @Karababy52 - I tried again and it did not work. I build a dock to the edge of the lot and tried putting the fishing sign at the end - it will not let me place and says "must be placed on terrain". Also there is a lot of fishing signs in debug - can't tell them apart. The one I am using requires 2 rows of 6 grid. Still can't figure it out.
  • Options
    @Karababy52 - Duh - I kept reading the instructions and used the move objects cheat - never used that before - got the fishing sign to stay on a dock - haven't tried it out yet...but it looks like it will work. Thanks!!
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited August 2020
    @simstr0ng Oh good, you're welcome! Glad you got it figured out! Hope it's working well for you. :)
  • Options
    randy2355randy2355 Posts: 157 Member
    babajayne wrote: »
    @ZzMANzZ to add onto what @Rhiannon1307 answered, I’ve noticed when using the campfire to roast fish, it will pull a fish from either the sim’s inventory or the fridge. You can’t control which fish it pulls, even if your sim has a fish in their inventory at the time, I’ve had it get pulled from the fridge instead. Maybe it has to do with the quality or freshness, I don’t know.

I don't use the refrigerator for the fish that my sims catch, I use an aquarium so that they don't lose freshness and then I can chose which fish they will cook, by moving it to their inventory. Also @ZzMANzZ if your sims are off the grid, and you have an off the grid rated stove, they can make the poke bowl..1 fish serves 4, 2 fish serves 8...they can also make leaf wrapped fish I believe that is 1 fish serves 1,4 or 8, by choosing the "Cook off the grid option" both give special moodlets, and cost nothing to make...but you are required to have fish in the inventory, or refrigerator.
  • Options
    @randy2355 - interesting. I've never used the campfire to roast fish - and I had not used an aquarium to store fish.