Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Move over San Myshuno townies...

...because the Sulani townies are now invading my save!

I kinda knew this was too good to be true; when you start doing things in Sulani, only Sulani townies will generate, and since the game utilizes the same sims in the pool to generate who is spawned at lots outside Sulani, I got new townies with names I can barely pronounce in my other worlds too! My mailman and several bartenders are already Sulanese (Sulanesian?) and many of my walkby's in other worlds are also Sulani townies as well, slowly replacing the CL townies that used to fill my saves. Can we just tone down the constant townie generation altogether please?

Please tell me I'm not the only one that is starting to notice this...
Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png

Comments

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Nope, Sulani citizen's can and will pop up in the other worlds. (Haven't seen my actual locals that reside in Sulani though, but the townie spawns have been popping up.)

Though at least for Sulani I haven't seen ANY sims from the other worlds there less I have a specific lot type for them to visit or one of the vampires pop up at night time.

On the plus side, least their clothing choices are a lot better picked.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Olivesims2Olivesims2 Posts: 362 Member
    I'm getting this too after visiting Sulani. My sim lives in Strangerville but now its even stranger with all the islander's :). Mail person, kids friends at school everywhere I go now. I hire any service and its an Islander filling that role. Don't like it at all. I want a mix of all the sims not just one taking over.
    I get my games free using this site :) To earn gift cards
    http://www.instagc.com/115196
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Yeah, there is no middle ground here. Start in Strangerville, there will be military and science sims all over the place. Start in Sulani, islanders will swarm the world. And we're seeing single child households pop up because of the childrens/family festival in Sulani. Start in anywhere except those 2 places, sims with CL names will take over everything.
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    ......On the plus side, least their clothing choices are a lot better picked.

At least most, if not all, of their clothes match! :D Doesn't fit too well in Windenburg or Willow Creek, though. :p

• paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Nope, Sulani citizen's can and will pop up in the other worlds. (Haven't seen my actual locals that reside in Sulani though, but the townie spawns have been popping up.)

Though at least for Sulani I haven't seen ANY sims from the other worlds there less I have a specific lot type for them to visit or one of the vampires pop up at night time.

On the plus side, least their clothing choices are a lot better picked.

I have seen on the rare occasions, a Sim from the other worlds walking across the area, at least in town; it happens rarely though and they leave as soon as they appear. I do agree with you there that their clothes at least better match the townies that generate lol! :D I too also have parentless child households generated as well, which presents new problems.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i just today realized i'd lost quite a few of my 'unimportant' townies to cullling (...that's what i get for having over 425 sims favorited to keep them safe), so islander townies had been filling those roles (i was surprised when i saw a sulani park ranger walking around in mua pel'am, but now he's made me make the 50x50 in st taz a national forest... and when checked up, he's the only park ranger i've got, now, though i had two others for ages)

i've got 27 islander townies according to my mod that checks things like that. out of 200ish townies that are still hanging around in my 'other households' list. and since they're the newest, it's what the game wants to keep using when you go anywhere... which i never understood, to be honest. it's like it forgets the old townies exist, even if they don't get culled, so decides to roll up more to replace them... i'd edited those townies to perfection, so keep using them! (...and don't even get me started on the 'bar regular' role...)

as for non-islanders on sulani, the only ones i've really noticed are random alien walkbys (like, virtually everyone not native or living in sulani i see walking by is one of my 40ish aliens. not even half-aliens are showing) and paparazzi/fans if i bring a celeb along. the latter makes sense, of course
    @kalaksed Interesting you mentioned that the only non-Sulani walkbys you had happened to be aliens; the only non-native walkby's I had happened were mainly aliens as well...hmm

I'd expect more alien walkby's in Strangerville than Sulani honestly...
    edited July 2019
    Has anyone made a mod to suppress Sulani townie names yet? They've begun to invade just about every single NPC role, walkby, and lot visitor now in my save...
  • MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    edited July 2019
    I'd like all EP and GP populations to be less present in other worlds too :/ Right now it's constant Hawaiian party everywhere.
    Post edited by Morkovka on
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    When they introduce diversity they should add tag to townies like Asian, African or Sulanesian and only sim with either of this tag can use their own preset face skin color and name, one thing i noticed in the sims 4 is that game tend to overuse this when before island living release almost all townies are japanese/indian or middle eastern in name only. It isnt diversity when every townie generated are mostly only came from sulani for example.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    ...because the Sulani townies are now invading my save!

I kinda knew this was too good to be true; when you start doing things in Sulani, only Sulani townies will generate, and since the game utilizes the same sims in the pool to generate who is spawned at lots outside Sulani, I got new townies with names I can barely pronounce in my other worlds too! My mailman and several bartenders are already Sulanese (Sulanesian?) and many of my walkby's in other worlds are also Sulani townies as well, slowly replacing the CL townies that used to fill my saves. Can we just tone down the constant townie generation altogether please?

Please tell me I'm not the only one that is starting to notice this...

Good grief. This has been one of my biggest fears (aside from a game that was anti-rabbit hole transforming into world of rabbit holes and text adventures). Up to now, I haven't seen this mentioned elsewhere. Thanks for the info, OP.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I just wish we could properly control townies in our games.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
    edited July 2019
    I wish we could choose basegame townies names pool: US/international or localized (I hate localized names).
    I wish they made a finite number of outfit combinations for townies to choose from and not just any pack, any color, every possible slot.
    I wish they somehow matched national names they introduced in packs with appropriate face features/hair/skin tones.
    Disable festival outfits for good!
    With every next EP, GP and SP it just gets more and more of a freak show.
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited July 2019
    I use a mod that reduces the CL names but now I'm hoping somebody makes a mod to dial back the Sulani ones. Agreed, it's not diverse if everybody's generating with the same handful of names.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I'm starting to see them everywhere and I haven't even been to Sulani yet lol. I have the CL names mod, but at least with the Sulani sims I've been seeing, they match up - the clothes, hair and general appearance. So far. Unless they are in a role, like waiter or whatever that requires a uniform. That at least is a plus over the CL townies.
  • Aeren90Aeren90 Posts: 65 Member
    Which is the CL names mod? No Spanish name on my save, and I play in Spanish!
    I play in Russian (no way around thanks Origin) and I have Black Russians, Brown Russians, Asian Russians which is rather stupid and doesn't fit in well with the world names and premade families names. I love the names pools they bring in with Selvadorada and Sulani, but the Russian invasion just seems out of place :)
    Finvola wrote: »

It seems to now be updated to include Island Living townie names too! :D
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Awesome, time to add that in too!
  • pnr8555pnr8555 Posts: 18 Member
    I'm not sure about this one though, I'm asking whether apart from Japanese, Arabic and Indian names, are the Chinese last names (combined with English first names) are being generated more often with City Living installed?

I did seen some such as Lai, Liang, Chin, etc, just to name a few.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Most of my townies have Japanese names, even if they look like Swedes. No mods or IL.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Most of my townies have Japanese names, even if they look like Swedes. No mods or IL.

Same here. They would have blond hair or something with Japanese names.

Anyways, the game has always been like that. No matter what world you are playing, townies would generate (usually fill up jobs your sims can't get like bartending or something, etc...) and try to blend in.
  • lzbthnndglslzbthnndgls Posts: 285 Member
    Ugh I hate this. Every time I open a save, I go to the Other Households and I cull all the townies that are 1)dressed badly. 2)HAve the same name as other townies 3)are in families with someone they are obviously not related to 4)have a weird hair color for their skin color. or 5)I know my sim doesn't get along with. Been playing in San Myshuno alot lately and all I get are indian and middle eastern names and people with red hair and horrible sense of fashion. They carry cupcakes everywhere too.

From a programming standpoint, this seems like a nightmare to make it work the way it does and a nightmare to make it work so that only Willow Creek townies appear in Willow Creek and so forth.
    Check out my builds on the gallery by searching my username: lzbthnndgls
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    They carry cupcakes everywhere too.

I'm laughing so hard at this. It's so true xD

I love that the Sims team is worried about representation and adding ethnic culture to The Sims. I think this is really needed. But it is very weird to be in Willow Creek and only meet sims called Aziz Batnukari or HuamHun Amsare.
    Fixed an issue that caused weighting for names, clothing, facial features, and skin tones to skew heavily in specific directions if City Living or Island Living were installed.

From today's patch; does this mean no more ugly CL/IL townies? Is the townie invasion finally over?