Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is the event lot in Island Living so boring???

magooo63magooo63 Posts: 360 Member
The event lot is so boring??? there is seldom something interesting going on there, plus you cant even edit the lot to make it more fun.

Comments

• keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    It is the worse. I rather have had that as another lot to make a park or anything.
  • kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member
    I only let my sim go there once and never visit it again.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    You mean where the community tend to have events? Yeah, it's more of a 'feature' than holding a lot of gameplay.

The fishing event is alright, butwould like there to be able to actually win it. Though if you take your fish to the food stand you get a discount for a 'bring your own fish' single diner plate.

Everything else is pretty 'meh' it's more like a opportunity to make nice and chat up with the island locals. Nothing wrong with that, BUT there's not too much going on other than socializing, eating (if there'es food stalls since none of them go to the bbq pit to cook) and the usual fire dancing.

Wouldn't mind this so much if they had introduced a new skill much like Salvadorada to learn some culture related things for Sulani when you participate. And should have made the the fire dancing skill more of a hidden thing to be learned.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    The ones in CL are the same for me. Boring. Once you’ve played them once, you’ve done everything there is to do. I don’t know why they rehashed such a bad gameplay feature for this pack. It’s not good anywhere they use it, but it’s cheaper to just reuse bad gameplay instead of making something new so that’s what they will always choose to do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RexZhengRexZheng Posts: 201 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    You mean where the community tend to have events? Yeah, it's more of a 'feature' than holding a lot of gameplay.

The fishing event is alright, butwould like there to be able to actually win it. Though if you take your fish to the food stand you get a discount for a 'bring your own fish' single diner plate.

Everything else is pretty 'meh' it's more like a opportunity to make nice and chat up with the island locals. Nothing wrong with that, BUT there's not too much going on other than socializing, eating (if there'es food stalls since none of them go to the bbq pit to cook) and the usual fire dancing.

Wouldn't mind this so much if they had introduced a new skill much like Salvadorada to learn some culture related things for Sulani when you participate. And should have made the the fire dancing skill more of a hidden thing to be learned.

You can win that fishing competition. You have to go fishing and then submit the fish to the host though.

I agree, apart from the fishing competition, which I really love and is pretty unique, all other festivals are plain boring.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    magooo63 wrote: »
    The event lot is so boring??? there is seldom something interesting going on there, plus you cant even edit the lot to make it more fun.

There are different events there. I recreated and have a lot of Island Living Townies in game and then visited all homes to make friends friends. When I see it pop up which is rare and a nice add. I travel there with max amount. Go to the house next door but don't knock on the door. Just select travel with group. Then I invite 8 more Island townies. It is really fun because there are a lot of friends their doing different things. Some friends play the guitar who have come (of course they have it in the inventory because I've created every household and put instruments in certain households inventory and various other items which they bring with them and pull out at random.) Like anything in life--sometimes it takes a little pre-playing (planning) and imagination. Plus, I go there hungry, eat, play, hang, and talk. I rarely see the event so it feels new. Happy Simming and Happy Island Living.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • katandmarikatandmari Posts: 438 Member
    RexZheng wrote: »

You can win that fishing competition. You have to go fishing and then submit the fish to the host though.

I agree, apart from the fishing competition, which I really love and is pretty unique, all other festivals are plain boring.

Which one is the fishing competition? I've seen a couple at that area. The only time I saw a food stall there, I could not "bring my own fish".
    How do you know who the host is?
    katandmari wrote: »

Which one is the fishing competition? I've seen a couple at that area. The only time I saw a food stall there, I could not "bring my own fish".

The fish competition, as well as the beach bonfire and family camp out are not in that community area, they take place on the beach where there is a bay-like area along the coast.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Because the devs make everything so 'scripted' in Sims 4, and it's not what sims is about - give us players the tools to make our own event lots! But then they'd have to actually give us the gameplay to do that, and it doesn't seem like they care or have the resources to give us that. :'(
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • katandmarikatandmari Posts: 438 Member
    edited June 2019
    The fish competition, as well as the beach bonfire and family camp out are not in that community area, they take place on the beach where there is a bay-like area along the coast.

Yes I found the wading area where they are, my sims live right next to it. I've seen several things happening there, but can never really tell if one is a fishing competition because 2 happen during the day and people are always fishing.

• kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    these aren't really supposed to be huge, giant events, though. they're just little things a small community does to keep itself a community. and your sims are able to take part in if they want to. little things like these happen in small communities the world over, whether it be a backyard bbq in the rural south, a luau in hawaii, a flower festival in samoa, a small village in spain getting together and playing music while the local matrons cook copious amounts of food... there are tons of other examples, but hopefully this gets the idea across. and i specifically used two islander ones because those exact things show up as some of the festivals in the game

they're all just ways for the people to come together, be happy, eat lots of food, keep friendships going and such. not meant to be big or flashy in the slightest

Yes I found the wading area where they are, my sims live right next to it. I've seen several things happening there, but can never really tell if one is a fishing competition because 2 happen during the day and people are always fishing.

You can tell if it’s a fishing competition by clicking the stall and see if there is an interaction to purchase baits.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited July 2019
    Sulani Exclusive Festivals & Events (Looking forward to attending them all as I’ve only been to 1. So happy there are no pop-up notices because randomness and excitement of not knowing so much better.
    1. Fishing Competition
    2. Island Celebration
    3. Beach Bonfire
    4. Family Fun Day
    5. Flower and Music
    6. Town Barbeque
    7. Town Pot-Luck

I didn’t know there were this many events until I watched this 11 minute helpful video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zxxHmYy7aA&amp;app=desktop
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    Sulani Exclusive Festivals & Events (Looking forward to attending them all as I’ve only been to 1. So happy there are no pop-up notices because randomness and excitement of not knowing so much better.
    1. Fishing Competition
    2. Island Celebration
    3. Beach Bonfire
    4. Family Fun Day
    5. Flower and Music
    6. Town Barbeque
    7. Town Pot-Luck

I didn’t know there were this many events until I watched this 11 minute helpful video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zxxHmYy7aA&amp;app=desktop

This was very helpful. I was very confused to what some of the events were.