Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you influenced by EA Game Changer reviews?

I was just curious if you guys watch any EA Game Changers when they review Sims 4 games and whether or not their reviews influence your decision to purchase a pack or not.

I stick to LGR (I know he's not a Game Changer) because he's really been the only YouTuber that gives a completely honest review of each pack. I was excited when he was getting early review copies because we got videos sooner, but that was short lived and I can only assume it was because he wasn't pretending to love the packs. I've tried watching a few others but I find that even when they have something negative to say no matter how minor, they still always recommend getting the pack no matter what. I also just find it difficult to believe someone that get's the packs for free and profits off their videos because I feel there's always going to be some bias opinion in their review.

Are you influenced by EA Game Changer reviews? 414 votes

Yes
9%
IngeJonesColorist40joelygirlsims2Kementarishanls96robyngravesJesskizagboorulesN0NoTToN0Nthecatsredduhboy2u2phantasmkissMoonfoxNightcryThenyoukissmetnb494SummerStreakEmmpPotterheadSimmebagl15belpita 38 votes
No
90%
Akl500PBluegayleauroraael14CK213Frn0731OneAdorkableGirlGoldmoldaricmnfrshNh6650JoBass24usbrackencat31KristinaIdontrcallRayneCharleySara1010PGalacticGalIcewolfJaseLaBlue0314SamadamsPlayer 376 votes

Comments

• OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    No
    No, but that's not an indictment of any of them. I just don't follow anything Sims-related on YouTube.
  • TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    No
    Not their reviews per se but I do look at their lets plays and LGR's Reviews, LGR to me seems more honest even if sometimes his reviews are harsh, or harshly worded. I've seen some of his Sims 3 reviews and we definitely don't agree on everything especially with the sims 4 as well from what few videos I've seen, but LGR's reviews to me hold more weight than any game changers review.
  • ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    No
    I used to like to watch the CAS and Build/Buy videos for overviews, but now I prefer to wait until I can see the complete list written down and then look at them at my leisure without commentary. I also wait to buy packs after they release and I hear about people’s experiences.
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    No
    I don’t watch or read reviews.
    I focus on trailers, teasers, official streams, and websites (like Sims Community or SimsVIP) that list all of the features/content, to get an idea about the pack overall without anyone’s opinions on them.

I don’t like basing my choices off of other people’s opinions or recommendations. I like to influence those decisions myself. :)
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited June 2019
    No
    No, but I really appreciate their insight into packs. What they show is helpful. That can supplement what I see myself to help me form an overall opinion. That said, I haven't got the patience to watch other people play so I end up seeing their Twitter summaries or, for those who do that sort of thing, blog posts.

That said, I don't think there's anything wrong with being influenced by someone else's opinion. There's no requirement for Game Changers to favour anything they receive, and I do see them be critical - just while often noting that they still like the game or some other aspects of a pack. I know some people are put off by perkiness or whatever in Game Changers, but people shouldn't have to hide their personalities just to make their criticism feel more "real".

And just to note, not all Game Changers are reviewers. The program deliberately expanded to include a wider range of Simmers than YouTube reviewers. Last year there had been a post looking for people on Tumblr, for example.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    No
    I never listen to anyone lol The loudest people are the ones who don't even play the game and say it's no good.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    No
    I don't go seeking videos, first off. If they are posted over here, I will watch them just to see what they have to say, but mostly to view the content in the pack being offered. I take whatever opinion they have and weigh it against what I see, plus what others have to say. If I like what I see and that outweighs any negative opinions, then I go with my gut. I know what I like, and I know what I'm looking for in this game. Generally, I'm very happy with my choices.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    edited June 2019
    No
    I don't watch lets play videos and have never watched a game changer. I listen to what others have to say and decide for myself.. I like to watch the live streams to get an idea of what is in the pack. I do like to watch lgr just because he is so funny.. :p
  • Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    No
    I'm not influenced by what THEY think of it, but I do use videos to see for myself what it includes and make my own judgment if it looks attractive or not.
    You're Breathtaking!
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    No
    I have limited downloads. When it's a choice between watching videos or downloading patches or games, videos loose.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited June 2019
    No
    I tend to mute the sound on certain reviews to just look at things like build/buy and CAS for the most part. I'll look at the devs little walk through and what's on offer gameplay wise. Visually I can usually tell if a pack is worth buying or not and if I'll get the full use out of it. Much like the ones that don't want to buy siad pack til they see an LGR review. I like his video more so for his dry humor and the like, but it all just comes down to opinion to if the value of the pack is worth to you and you'll always get full use out of it. Much like how he mentions. (Majority of GC reviews are almost about the same anyway.)

Think the only review I find to be more than accurate in exploring features of the game is that of Carl's Sims 4 Guide videos, which will go into better detail of features in which I might not even know about.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited June 2019
    No
    No. I like to watch some of the game changers but I still make up my own mind about things.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    No
    Nope, I can form my own independent opinions. Always could.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    No
    No. I like sim supply but he hates the my first pet stuff pack and disables it in game and its one of my all-time favorite packs haha. I usually just look at the website to see what's included in build and Cas and then I look at a few gameplay videos to see what the graphics look like and how beautiful the world is, and then I decide based on my own opinion
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    No
    I don't think of any of the game changers I watch even do reviews. I only decide if I'm buying something after seeing the content for myself, so the opinions of the game changers means nothing to me.
  • tadeoalonso2tadeoalonso2 Posts: 35 Member
    No
    No, because Carmen King isn't a game changer
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    No
    Not really but I do watch some of them sometimes ;)
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2019
    No
    I am not influenced by anything deeply in players gaming - but it does not mean i don't enjoy watching people building or playing some aspects of the game or playing more indepth and I might see something I may have not known about. Many are fun to watch if I am in the mood to watch them. But technically as much as I love gaming I am rarely ever influenced by players themselves. Now when they toss in the mix one heck of a talented builder - that will get my attention more than anything. That said I do like players with good personalities who really enjoy their play - but it is not influential really. Just a fun thing to watch. Sometimes good comedy when the game throws a few wrenches in the works....

By in large I like Simmers. Most are good, nice people just having fun and sharing the fun.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    No
    I watch them for early previews of newly release packs, since they get early access. But, I'm a contrarian, I rarely like what most people seem to like, for example, loathe vampires and an ambivalent about Cats & Dogs. Didn't buy get famous, not into playing a sim version of Kim Kardashian. I dislike weather and the forced holidays and Sims freezing all over, so no Seasons.

As you can tell, I'm not like most simmers as to what I like, so opinions about packs is not really pertinent to me. I'm not getting Island Living, I couldn't figure out how to fit it into my regular gameplay, it seems so far removed from the rest of the liveable worlds. Although I do think it's a beautiful world.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    No
    Carl of Carl's Sims Guides has some honest reviews. He has done three for Island Living, concise and pleasant voice and points out the good things and things it lacks.
    eg:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1w8gmt6UYo

I like LGR but after finding he has only just re-installed Sims 4 again to review the pack he doesn't have the play longevity that Carl has.
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    No
    65 No
    0 Yes

Game changers cancelled

source.gif
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    No
    Game changers are bought by EA with free game packs and invitations to EA Play, etc. so their opinion is biased. Also, EA only seems to listen to them more than to the normal simmers who actually buys the games and pays their salaries. It should be the other way around. :/
  • LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    No
    I don't watch Game Changers to be influenced, I watch them to see what's going on, to see new content. I'm going to play the game whether or not I watch someone on youtube. I played long before there were GC and I'll continue to play long after they're gone. I love watching builds, I get a lot of inspiration from seeing what others do.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    No
    The simmers who influence me most are simblr blogs that I follow. I've yet fo find a video reviewer who shares exactly my playstyle.

That said, between independant reviewers and gamechangers I find the gamechangers more pleasant to listen to. The one time I watched an early access video I had no trouble identifying all the areas where I might not like something (the nose-rubbing mating animation comes to mind) or where I disagreed with the gamechanger (for example when she mistook a random idle animation for an expression of that particular cat's personality). I find it easier to wade through waves of cheer and filter the hidden-in-plain-sight problems out myself than listen to a critical voice and constantly find myself on the defensive because I most likely enjoy exactly what they criticize.
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    No
    I just buy it. I have my own mind to know whether or not I like a pack.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/