Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New IL recipes (non-BBQ pit)

So, I know it's been discussed that we don't learn the new Island Living recipes when we eat them from the stalls, as was the case in City Living. I may have missed a discussion somewhere, but so far the consensus has been, oh, that's because those recipes are automatically available at the BBQ pit. Well, that's mostly true... but not entirely true. Some of those recipes are not a BBQ pit option, at least at low levels. There are a few others, but the main one I'm thinking of is the Poke Bowl.

Has anyone noticed whether these recipes show up at higher cooking skill levels, on the fridge? They seem to be unavailable to add to restaurant menus, which is disappointing.

Comments

• RexZhengRexZheng Posts: 201 Member
    Poke bowl is indeed unable to learn or make at home, and is unavailable in restaurants.
    Kava is not available in restaurants either.
    I hope they fix this, with Hot Chocolate in Seasons and that Crackers in Get Famous :/
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    edited June 2019
    That is so, so disappointing. I really hope they fix that.

I mean, I would still probably choose to get it from a stall often, because that is actually how I usually get poke in real life (well, from a food truck), but the option would be nice. It doesn't make any sense for them not to add it. I would think they could largely just reuse the animation for the ceviche bowl.
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited June 2019
    I would like to see poke, kalua pork and island vegetable feast at least added to the fridge — and maybe a few more of the new fish recipes too (fish stew anyone?) I hope this was just an oversight.

And can we have a new skin for the coconut cake so that it actually looks like it was made with coconut and isn’t just a plain white cake?
    I'm ok with the pork and veg recipes not being in the fridge, since they are on the bbq... but, yes, the fish recipes (including the poke) are I hope just a temporary oversight.

I really want to say here that I sincerely, deeply love the artwork and general vibe of this pack, and the gorgeous clothes and hair, and I'm so grateful to finally have ocean swimming. I feel like there's a lot to love about this pack, and I'm still glad I bought it, even at full price. So I don't want all of that to get lost. But I do feel like this is another example of some of the attention to detail being lacking. Still, I am holding out hope that some of these things will be resolved in upcoming patches.
  • sanfranciscobaesanfranciscobae Posts: 2 New Member
    Thank you for posting this! I was super excited yesterday building a little poke shop in Sulani, only to realize that there's no option to add the new Island Living food stall items in the restaurant. I'm really hoping this is a glitch or small oversight, because there's really *no* reason why these foods can't be added in restaurants, like the items in City Living or the other expansion packs. I'd really appreciate it if gurus could respond to this thread as well!
  • chikpeaschikpeas Posts: 9 New Member
    I don't know if any of you already figured this out, but poke bowls, at least, can be made at home! You just need fresh fish. I don't even have the Island Living pack, and my sims have made it. I'm not sure if that's recent, or just wasn't noticed because your sims didn't fish, but I hope that helps!
    edited June 2020
    chikpeas wrote: »
    I don't know if any of you already figured this out, but poke bowls, at least, can be made at home! You just need fresh fish. I don't even have the Island Living pack, and my sims have made it. I'm not sure if that's recent, or just wasn't noticed because your sims didn't fish, but I hope that helps!

I think the Poke Bowl was added as part of the Off the Grid update. It shows up for me as an option in Fridges that have no power as long as the Sim has fresh fish. (I haven't tried to see if it can be made with Foul quality or spoiled fish). I am very excited for the Island Living possibilities since I have an Off the Grid family living there. I also noticed that it has a really nice mesh, which looks like the real thing. There is also Forager's Stew, which requires 2 veggies or fruits to make a serving. Supposedly there is a frog recipe (Boiling Hot Frog Pot) too but my sim has really low cooking skill (in spite of having frogs) and I haven't had the option to make it yet.

edited June 2020
    It must be part of the new patch from today, because it was not an option before.

Edited to add: I hope it's not limited to off-the-grid fridges. That would be silly, as obviously people/restaurants with electricity make poke bowls all the time.
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    It must be part of the new patch from today, because it was not an option before.

Edited to add: I hope it's not limited to off-the-grid fridges. That would be silly, as obviously people/restaurants with electricity make poke bowls all the time.

It looked like it was in the regular list of recipes under "Cook"; it was just that it was the only one that was highlighted (meaning my sim could cook it) I guess because the main ingredient was raw fish. So I am assuming it will be available in regular fridges. In contrast, the recipes that are available exclusively "Off the Grid" show up on the stove under the "Cook Off the Grid" option (while the regular "Cook" option is greyed out) and they include dishes like tomato soup and fish on a stick (if your sim has those ingredients).