Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any Island Living performance issues?

I'm really interested in this latest expansion pack, but Island Paradise undermined my Sims 3 experience, with constant lag in the IP neighborhood. Did Island Living avoid the route-based lag of IP?

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited June 2019
    I had TS3 Island Paradise and I still recall that nightmare. I can tell you that Sims 4 Island Living does not cause any lag issues to my game what so ever. I believe those at EA did a wonderful job this time and not causing that to happen again. Island Living is safe to add to your collection.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited June 2019
    Thus far, I havent noticed or seen any. Think someone mentioned a sim (vendor) being stuck in a certain neighborhood and not leaving think the places near the docks/pier? Tested it out to see and havent replicated it yet. I have all packs, play on ultra and on a gaming laptop.

Games hasn't lagged for me as much as it gets busy at the beach venues or the community parts where festivals get held. Couple of bugs that came since the patch (but thats the standard with sim games), but nothing thats been game breaking to make it unplayable less you have mods that are not updated.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited June 2019
    See this thread and yes its happening to a lot of people.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/961693/game-just-froze

Also restaurants aren't working in Sulani because the staff won't come.
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    Thank you all for the feedback, though it seems a bit mixed. I think I'll keep watching and waiting! (...and watching island build videos...)
  • Options
    daisychain08daisychain08 Posts: 31 Member
    I had a problem at the smaller of the two beaches. I customized the beach and I had my sims go to it . They got stuck, if they were swimming, beach combing Time was moving on and needs were decaying and they were stuck on whatever they were doing. I backed out of my game, I repaired it, to no avail. I tried to load the game back and it was stuck on the load screen. I backed out and loaded the game that had them before they went to the beach and I haven't had a problem since. I just don't have my sims go there.
  • Options
    I had a problem at the smaller of the two beaches. I customized the beach and I had my sims go to it . They got stuck, if they were swimming, beach combing Time was moving on and needs were decaying and they were stuck on whatever they were doing. I backed out of my game, I repaired it, to no avail. I tried to load the game back and it was stuck on the load screen. I backed out and loaded the game that had them before they went to the beach and I haven't had a problem since. I just don't have my sims go there.

I'm guessing one of those beaches were close to a 50x50 lot which is causing sims to freeze.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    So far I've only had a bit of simulation lag during the night, but less than I generally have in San Myshuno.
    And there are some routing issues when walking the dog in Ohan'Ali Town. They make shortcuts through the water sometimes.
    I haven't played much in the other neighbourhoods, only day trips, so I can't say much about those.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    Sims will join your sims in their tent when their sleeping if it's on the beach.