Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thoughts on island living?

2...Next

Comments

• rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    Over the moon
    Over the moon, I love it! It's my favorite expansion pack so far. I've always loved ocean life.
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    Excited
    I have seen a lot of complaints about Island Living, and agree with much of then, but I use it alot and really love it.
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    Excited
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    So glad it is NOT a vacation world! It's paradise for my families for a change.

Totally agree.
  • MochiMommaMochiMomma Posts: 41 Member
    Over the moon
    Super dissappointed that you can't go underwater with your sim (whether diving or as a mermaid), that instead it is a rabbit hole deal. I loved that about the Sims 3 island dlc. But... also very happy as well that it isn't a vacation world. I desperately want to build and live in Granite Falls. I wish they'd open that one up to being a neighborhood option.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Excited
    MochiMomma wrote: »
    Super dissappointed that you can't go underwater with your sim (whether diving or as a mermaid), that instead it is a rabbit hole deal. I loved that about the Sims 3 island dlc. But... also very happy as well that it isn't a vacation world. I desperately want to build and live in Granite Falls. I wish they'd open that one up to being a neighborhood option.

Glimmerbrook looks like Granite Falls and you can live there. You need Realm of Magic to get that world.
  • Monda76Monda76 Posts: 50 Member
    MERMAIDS!!!
    I don’t have it but would love to buy it so I can make mermaids and don’t forget about build/buy & CAS
  • UndeadFoxUndeadFox Posts: 119 Member
    Over the moon
    I must admit I wasn't particularly bothered about Island Living - I bought it just to keep my game up-to-date but now it's my top favourite.
    My builds in The Gallery are under the username DeOnlyUndeadFox

forum-banner.png

My Speedbuilds:Click Here
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 671 Member
    MERMAIDS!!!
    I was most excited for mermaids, they lack in gameplay, but still are nice. I don’t know what I would do without Charmers Lullaby. I’ve had to save 2 of my males marriages by getting his sister or another to sing to him to make him flirty..both of those marriages did end in divorce though eventually..

Anyways, It somewhat feels like it’s lacking in gameplay. I would recommend getting it, just not for full price

ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • Bluebirddevil5970Bluebirddevil5970 Posts: 400 Member
    Excited
    I feel like now it's just there I'm over the new island and being able to build on water but I'm like that with all the packs lol only ones I constantly go back to is get together Windenberg and city living I love the apartments but hate the loading screens for next door haha
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    For those who have it, is it worth buying full price, on sale, or not at all? I don't care about the mermaids, I just like the look of the world and items
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Excited
    I love the pack me personally but if you played the sims 3 island paradise dont expect it to be completely like that if you buy island living, your sims can dive and snorkel but not like the sims 3 you cant see underwater, saying that it did crash alot computers going underwater in the sims 3, the create a sim and build & buy are great in this pack, the world and sea is gorgeous, the dolphins are adorable and adds new fishing options, sunbathing, new careers, I bought mines full price and dont regret it @eternalrainn
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 671 Member
    MERMAIDS!!!
    I’d buy it on sale. I personally don’t feel like it’s worth the 40 dollars I paid for it. Still a very nice expansion pack, that I would suggest getting, but in 3 hours I ran out of stuff to do with it.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg