August 16 - Ready for the Friday Highlight? Check it out here!
August 16 - Guru Garage day! SimGurus are ready to continue with the Guru Games - details here!
August 15 - We have updated the forum rules. Learn more here.

Thoughts on island living?

Thoughts on island living? 52 votes

Excited
19%
catloverplayerfloralneyBfeverFunandotsNikkihThePocketWeaselBluebirddevil5970Topher8907kat_Darketernal 10 votes
Over the moon
3%
MochiMommaPifflePrincess 2 votes
MERMAIDS!!!
13%
MilutinMujovictmcevoy1121animevampRavenSpitMonda76Mrdiamond666Prink34320V2 7 votes
Happy
30%
Writin_RegJesskizagboorulesmlmeadowstaydevRavager619Sigzy05CrownSimsMaglxisbackDyingLight_natalieDianesimsRememberJoymacandcheeseiamoz96Maodi 16 votes
Netural
7%
shnailehddd994FEDEXsfan11Tux 4 votes
Disappointed
23%
SusanaLeoteBagoas77drake_mccartyMidnightAuraSteve Stormkaylin205NorthDakotaGamerBradyGalaxySimChiPrincipleOfEntropyLexiBai_000key 12 votes
Other
1%
NoirStasis 1 vote

Comments

• Bluebirddevil5970Bluebirddevil5970 Posts: 373 Member
    Excited
    I mostly can't wait to build in water and the beautiful world
  • MochiMommaMochiMomma Posts: 8 New Member
    Over the moon
    The island EP for Sims 3 was by far my favorite so I have been looking forward to this content for Sims 4 since the base game was released, haha! Thaaaaank goodness the map is so gorgeous!
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 288 Member
    MERMAIDS!!!
    mostly 4 the mermaids, but the island seems beautiful too and to be able to build on the water + the seethrough floor!
    Also alot of the BuildModestuff looks pretty darn good!
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 304 Member
    Excited
    I would be shocked if someone was disappointed but everybody entitled to their opinion and no one is wrong :-), I'm excited for everything about this pack the world, SWIMMING in beaches wow hahaha, careers, dolphins, sharks, mermaids, items clothing/build/buy and even lounge chairs and tanning yess ! Cant wait
  • CrownSimsCrownSims Posts: 440 Member
    Happy
    I'm obsessed with it! However, I was a little disappointed with the conservationist career. It felt like there was really no depth to it and it was just another rabbithole career.
  • kaylin205kaylin205 Posts: 148 Member
    Disappointed
    The world is beautiful, but I am super disappointed in the lack of depth with the careers, mermaids, swimming, also missed opportunities for a few hobbies or activities sims could do with it.
  • MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,069 Member
    MERMAIDS!!!
    I am here for this.

giphy.gif
  • Bluebirddevil5970Bluebirddevil5970 Posts: 373 Member
    Excited
    Yes and remember part time jobs are coming i can't remember if they are with the pack or with the big update I can't remember but they are still coming one thing though we now have boats but still no cars 😂
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 304 Member
    edited June 25
    Excited
    It's coming by update will be available to everyone @Bluebirddevil5970
  • Prink34320V2Prink34320V2 Posts: 68 Member
    MERMAIDS!!!
    Mermaids, water exploration and a new world??? Yasss
  • TuxTux Posts: 17 Member
    Netural
    Mostly in it for the build items tho as a Puerto Rican i am excited to have something that reminds me of home a bit as i can relive a bit of my childhood with the tropical life
  • macandcheesemacandcheese Posts: 4 New Member
    Happy
    I liked the content a lot, but the game is so glitchy. However, if that gets fixed, I think it will be a great pack. :smile:
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 84,327 Member
    Excited
    Excited since I"ve played it on PC. Console players are in for a treat.

• _natalie_natalie Posts: 326 Member
    Happy
    I am dissapointed that there is no proper underwater exploration.
  • RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 212 Member
    _natalie wrote: »
    I am dissapointed that there is no proper underwater exploration.

That topic has reached quite a few pages over on the other half of the forums.
  • NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 54 Member
    Other
    Im more excited for the patch to update (and fix) our games ( because the lag and bugs I'm experiencing for the first time on console makes the game unplayable) and the new careers, objects, and the lounge chair to be honest.
  • _000key_000key Posts: 107 Member
    Disappointed
    Build on water but looks hollow after main things are done. No underwater swimming feels very empty
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 278 Member
    When you create a mermaid Sim, what does it mean by linking?

Also, what I don't particular like is that lots with water, you can't build basements. Or even trying to build a houseboat with an underwater level.
    2quwd7.gif

• DarketernalDarketernal Posts: 11 New Member
    Excited
    I'm looking forward to a vacation on such an Island.
    IN this pack, one of the one-piece swimsuits for females has high legs:
    EA-Announces-The-Sims-4-Island-Living-Realm-of-Magic-Game-Pack-and-More-05943.jpg

Why can't all the swimsuits be like this?
    2quwd7.gif

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,238 Member
    Happy
    So glad it is NOT a vacation world! It's paradise for my families for a change.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

I don't know whether it has been the recent patch or this game pack but has anyone noticed lately how during a club gathering, when two people sneak off into the bedroom to do either the undercover shuffle or closet tussle, as soon as it starts they both jump out seconds later all done and the music still plays? Now while sometimes I noticed one Sim jumps out, remembering they're still in their day attire, quickly spins into their sleepwear and are back under the covers again during non-club gatherings but since downloading the pack or patch, in club meetings it's over before it's started.
    2quwd7.gif