The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Buggy stuff going on!

2...Next

Comments

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Another round of testing, and more messes.
    Festivals: added to the townie attire mess are folks without bottom parts to 2 piece attire
    attire changes rapidly and suddenly, and not the cosplayers shifting to normal
    several sims showed up dressed as repair types, this includes celebrities and normal premades
    my sime went to geek con, objective to buy a t-shirt. The booth never opened.

Fires: what formerly never happened is now a regular occurance if sim attempts to cook anything. Any sim, any stove. Have shifted simian
    diets to salads and cereal

That new patch is getting very old very quickly. The ones who made it do know how to program, right?

On the bright side, the report I read on the forums somewhere about 'cas.fulleditmode' being broken seems either mistaken or it has been fixed. Have used it on two separate game starts with no problem.

How do I post a link if I find one?
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    edited July 2019
    Hi, @Oldeseadogge - there's an explanation of how to post links here. You can also click the little chain-like icon that's shown in the middle of the line above your posting window, & copy/paste the address in there.

Earlier today I was skimming through the list of current TS4 bug reports & saw that the answers/ea bug report forum had a report for the 'no pants' issue, if you want to me-too that one. I don't have a specific link atm, sorry, {edited to add:] but if you don't have a window open to the mainpage atm, here it is. (Finally bookmarked that page today!) 2nd edit: here's the no-pants at Geekcon bug report!

Like you, I have now had issues with sims, even ones w/L-10 cooking skills, starting fires (especially at the oil-drum stove) any time they try to cook; I thought it was because I have the 'cursed' lot trait in that lot, though before the patch that wasn't an issue. I changed out the lot trait but rotated to another HH before doing any more cooking, & haven't needed to do any cooking since. I'll keep an eye on it and go find a bug-report to me-too if it keeps happening.
    Thanks for the link! Have done my 'me too' and left a comment. Getting a bit late for much more.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    My Sims are having hygiene problems. They're needing to bathe twice a day now.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Tan80Tan80 Posts: 72 Member
    I have an issue where my sim can’t perform surgery in the doctor career.
  • WillKDavidWillKDavid Posts: 136 Member
    Anyone having issues with Sims repeatedly visiting? I thought it might be the Friend of the Word aspiration that I've completed with several of my Sims, but it's even happening other Sims as well.
  • SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    i have noticed that none of my sims like any food in Sulani. And I've also noticed any food they have spoils almost immediately.
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Sims that visit won't leave.
    Sims put grilled meals in inventory instead of on a table or counter.
    Sims eat spoiled food autonomously.
    Routing to put out fires is still an issue.
    Forgot about the eating spoiled food. Same with my sims. Anyone hear whether EA will be responsible and deal with the mess as they did with the April patch, or are they just going to let us wallow in brokeness?
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    AprilDawn wrote: »
    Sims that visit won't leave.
    Sims put grilled meals in inventory instead of on a table or counter.
    Sims eat spoiled food autonomously.
    Routing to put out fires is still an issue.

I've been having lots of Sims eating spoiled food as well.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
    I've been hanging out over at the bug report forum & think I've seen some of these...but not all. Going to try to find links for each one y'all have mentioned.

Rouenpucelle - I didn't tag you 'cuz I didn't find a current bug-report on this, though I thought I saw something similar to this last night. Anybody see her issue here at the bug report forum?

@Tan80 - Without more detail, I can't tell if your issue is the same as the ones listed over at the bug report forum. Is your issue this one ? --If so, please hit the 'me-too' button under the first post in that thread; the more 'me-too's' the more likely EA will prioritize a bug-fix. If not, is it one of the others listed under Get To Work/Doctor career here? If not, want to fill out a new bug report over there?
    @WillKDavid - this sounds a bit like the 'unwanted houseguests' bug that came with the IL-patch; ime it's not limited to Sulani. Is that what you're experiencing?

@Sucom @AprilDawn @Oldeseadogge @Rouenpucelle - the 'sims eat spoiled food' bug report is here; do please hit 'me too!'
  • amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member
    I have no mods or cc in any of my saves. I don’t even use the move objects cheat, and haven’t purchased IL yet. Here’s all the bugs I’ve been experiencing at least since the patch and some before that:

- toddlers with sticky hands. Anything they pick up gets stuck in their hands and/or disappears and makes the furniture unusable. I’m constantly resetting them and having to move furniture around to make it work again because a toy/plate/disappeared into it
    - Patents uncontrollably putting toddlers in the high chair and them taking them out again forever back and forth
    - Waiters and NPCs stealing my sims food as soon as it’s placed down when they dine out
    - it takes hours for their food to even arrive after they’ve ordered. Eating out becomes a 24+ hour ordeal
    - invited guests getting stuck after the event ends with no option to ask them to leave
    - Lights getting stuck on even after I’ve clicked to turn them off, OR lights turning super dim in build mode when I add a table or something so I can no longer see the colors in the room correctly
    - My sims are CONSTANTLY sick...like 2 - 3 times a day! So I keep having to buy them medicine, they take it then like 4 hours later they come down with something else. This is really messing with my “rags to riches” type families
    - apartment issues: noisy neighbors all day every day and annoying neighbors that are at my door every 5 minutes. Also, when you agree to hang out with a neighbor and they just never leave but the game thinks they left so you can’t kick them out
    - Seasons issue: sims are suddenly reacting to “first snow” every time I enter the house hold during winter and every time it starts snowing even though there can only be one first snow per season, they react to it every day and it messes up the queued actions

I’m positive that there’s more, but this is all I can think of right now. Hope my vanilla game issues help you determine what might be a mod issue and what’s not :)

0IzRxZE.jpg
    @amp107 - Look here (main page for TS4 bugs) and here under 'Popular Now'; a lot of these bugs have already been reported and it'd help if you hit the 'me-too' button!

I'm not fond of the set-up of that forum, but Cupid and some other simmers here encouraged me to give it another chance, and it's not bad once you accustom yourself to it. There is a satisfaction in hitting 'me-too,' and in posting what the bug is doing in your game. The more people there are who officially (by 'me-too-ing') report they're affected by a bug, the more likely that bug will get prioritized for a fix.
  • amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member
    Thanks @Tiarella! Heading there now

0IzRxZE.jpg
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    Something I tested yesterday with vanilla settings is an aspiration based bug. I had two Sims, both vampires, doing separate aspirations - the Master Vampire and Good Vampire ones. Objectives include:

- Master Vampire: Survive for 20 days as a vampire
    - Good Vampire: Go 14 days without drinking with no permission

When travelling with these Sims, any time that's gone by for these goals resets. They were both five days into these aspirations and upon returning home they'd reset to zero days.

On a side note, I also had a Sim who had grown 9/10 Excellent plants for the final stage of the Freelance Botanist aspiration. After travelling and returning home later, that too reset and said 0/10 plants.

I've seen another user mention the bug with the vampire related aspirations on the forums, I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced these?
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
    Have done my 'me too's. The EA folks need to wake up and realize the June patch wrecked a lot of game code, get off their cans, and undo the havoc they made. There is more for them to do than push out more DLC.
    Not sure if this is the right place, but here goes. Just finished another test. Sim went out to the opera with a friend sim, one of those rabbit hole 'I got tickets, want to come?' things. Sim walked off lot to go. Game speed stayed at 1, not speed up as expected. A short time later a shadow-like thing suddenly appeared in sim's living room, fluttered over to the chess table, and began playing with all the usual animations. Sim's portrait in the lower bar was greyed out, and had been once the sim left the lot. Shadow thing did various other things before going to bed, including gaining a skill point. Could hear sim's voice, but no sim seen. Decided enough was enough so bailed without saving, thinking that when went back in would start at prior save point. Wrong. When went back in the sim was back, and at the place where had bailed out. The gained skill point was there, too. So not only was there all that odd behavior, but the game saved when it should not have under ordinary circumstances. Something else the June patch broke?
    edited July 2019
    @Oldeseadogge - that's weird! I'm no expert, so I couldn't say if it's a glitch or a bug, but the people over in the technical forum might (I doublechecked, & in the bug-report forum's 'How Does This Forum Work' post, it suggests going to the tech forum for troubleshooting). Here's the tech forum's 'read first' post, which includes the steps for troubleshooting your own game. Dunno if that's what you want to do?

eta: Do you have an earlier save? I always use the 'save-as' feature, & rotate between 4 save-slots per game, changing the title each time to indicate the in-game day/season/time & HH I'm currently playing. I also save the entire 'save' folder before every patch (keeping the copy one level up, under Electronic Arts, named 'TS4.[insert date here].PrepatchSaves). That way if my game is broken the way it was a couple times in TS3, I can salvage something, even if I lose months of play. Got burned so badly with TS3 that it made me pretty cautious about savefiles for TS4.
  • DokvaldDokvald Posts: 1 New Member
    Since the update, I can get open two-story basements to work. if I try to remove the floor/ceiling between two basements they get separated by a dirt floor instead of being open. several builds that did work are now broken and I can't make any new builds using this setup.
    @Dokvald - Did you see the bug-report on that? (or maybe you made that report yourself!) If not, please hit the 'me-too' button!
    If I go the tech route it will need to be another day as it's getting late. I did make a report on the bug forum though. Good idea on saving the saves. Thank you! Have read the patch notes for today, and not a peep about fixing the havoc the June patch caused. Just happy burblings about all the new stuff. Talk about mis-placed priorities! Sent a note to Guru Graham, too.