Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Zerbu's Mods

FalseZenFalseZen Posts: 87 Member
edited June 2019 in General Mods Discussion
I'm having a problem with Zerbu's mods since the update, but no one else seems to having any problems.
None of Zerbu's lots are showing the venues. They have nothing over them, as though they are empty residential lots.

What you were doing before the problem occurred: The problem occurred after updating to 1.52
Exactly what is happening: Zerbu Venues are not displaying properly, and cannot be used.
If you are getting an error: No exceptions or errors are being logged.
Pictures if Possible: Not necessary since the lots are not displaying the venues.
How often the problem happens: Always
Things I have tried:
#1. I always start Origin and Sims 4 as Admin. First, I put the entire Sims 4 folder on the desktop, to let it create a new one after loading the game.
#2. Re-enabled the script mods. Exited game.
#3. Dragged my Resource.cfg file to the mods folder, after deleting the one made by the game.
#4. Downloaded and installed the new updated "Venue Changes", "Turbo Careers", and "Go To School" to the Mods folder today. I left all other mods and CC on the desktop. Only Zerbu's mods are in the Mods folder.
#5. Deleted the Saves folder, and the Tray folder. Then dragged my Saves, and Tray to the Sims4 folder to replace the deleted ones made by the game.
#6. Deleted the "localthumbcache.package" and "spotlight_en-us.package".
#7. Repaired the game.
#8. Loaded the game but it still isn't showing the Zerbu Venues!
#9. Put the Saves folder back on the desktop. Deleted the "localthumbcache.package" and "spotlight_en-us.package" again. Then let the game make a new Saves folder. After all the beginning stuff I plopped down a school from my Tray folder. I made certain it was not an 'old' one. As there are still two versions to choose from, but no joy. Tried doing the same with "Turbo Career" venues. None of them are displaying properly.

I am using Windows 10, and playing through Origin. The game is updated to version 1.52. I have purchased all Sims 4 packs except for "Island Living". Which sadly I cannot afford until next month. Is it because I don't have "Island Living" yet? Could that why?

Also, I always turn off my PC when I'm done for the day. Restarting my pc has had zero effect on the game. The game updated on July 18, 2019, which was a few days ago now.

Is there is a website specifically for help with Zerbu's mods? I've never been able to find one. If there is one, I would much rather post this issue there.

If anyone else is having this issue, or knows why it's doing this, please let me know. Any help at all is appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    The Venue Mod was reported broken and now updated on the first page of this thread: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/960932/broken-updated-mods-cc-island-living-june-2019-patch/p1

Please delete the Venue Mod and a file called localthumbcache then download and install the new version. If you are still having issues you can contact Zerbu here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/960932/broken-updated-mods-cc-island-living-june-2019-patch/p1 please be patient as he is troubleshooting his Mods and answering questions. Thank you.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I'm guessing that you did not actually read anything I wrote!
    As I already stated, I JUST downloaded the new versions TODAY. I also deleted the localthumbcache, which I also already stated. I also deleted the post I had written under broken mods, as it was being ignored.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Wow, I am truly sorry that I suggested you do the simplest fix again and then gave you Zerbu's contact information.
  • Options
    What are you talking about? Both of the links you provided go directly to the Broken/Updated/Mods for July 2019 page. Not Zerbu's. I deleted the post from there (again already stated). Because no one else seems to be having this problem (just me). Since the mod isn't broken this thread not does not belong there.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Here is the link I meant to provide for Zerbu https://discordapp.com/invite/r9SrU9B

I'm sorry about my own attitude today. I hope you find the answers you are looking for.
    Post edited by Bananas_45 on
  • Options
    808alohaluv808alohaluv Posts: 1 New Member
    Did you ever figure out what wasn't working right? Im having the same issue.
  • Options
    bee1977bee1977 Posts: 613 Member
    For those of you that are having issues with the Go To School mod, or any of Zerbu's mods, please come see us here in his Discord support server: https://discord.gg/abN3hft
    Origin: BeeC1977
    Twitter: @Bee77