Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Guess when SP15 Moschino Stuff and GP08 Realm of Magic will be released

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
Hi,

Let's guess when SP15 and GP08 will be released !

Guess when SP15 Moschino Stuff and GP08 Realm of Magic will be released 196 votes

July and September
21%
rudy8292Erja888aprilroseULIBABA66IrdiwenAnmirlaDJQ1308robyngravesJestTrucatloverplayerdetermigsimmietimebloodydarkangl12JEREMIAKniga_SitararambahadoerCynel1AlbaWaterhouseIvyeyedannaliese39 42 votes
July and October
11%
bandit5WedPlayerSinger2010SnuffyBucketMariefoxprice83graventhejude72plaBeena0721quinhobpdomina89MysticalSimmerabelhinha35SimplyobsessedAirakalesimms745UncagedSongbirdLady_BalloraIyasenuTheMagnoliaMaddieplaysgames 22 votes
July and November
1%
Bagoas77bixtersSaga-Minx 3 votes
August and September
19%
auroraael14OneAdorkableGirlaelias24Simburiansimgirl1010Paigeisin5loubyloulouAddamsFamilyKalaniCoolelelunicymmb_abrEmmaVanekristenleighwhiteSelinaKylesChadSims2bizuktagEnkiSchmidtjooxisAgustín Cornejomika 39 votes
August and October
37%
Akl500PJeanneutralsideIrishSimmer21alexspoom13storyynattyWritin_RegIsb917BrokenChaos69SimQueenie9typicalgeminiJnyxzagboorulesAngelluluCAF84wrenstalesAwkwardAquaMilutinMujovicashcrash19 74 votes
August and November
8%
LeGardePourprefriendlysimmersJprp83CeCeDotSakuske1mariajane216garapoesSavage_Patch_KiddShepardhappyopiGrumpyGlowfishladynightTheIntrovertSimmerStarDreameradrieleecrazysimmerr 16 votes

Comments

• rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    July and September
    I think the SP will be out in July and the Magic GP in September (since the end of September is when the 6 month period ends).
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    August and October
    Would make sure for making magic in October especially for the halloween period
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    July and September
    The GP and SP are both part of the 6-month period starting in April, so I’m guessing July and September.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
    August and November
    My estimation :
    • Toddler Stuff was announced for late summer and was released in August
    • City Living was announced in Fall and was released in November
    • In 5 years no pack was released in October
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    edited June 2019
    August and September
    How is November even an option? Even if we take Graham's words at face value October 9th is the latest they'd release the GP.

Realm of Magic is 100% going to be released by September, unless it's delayed. I can tell you that delaying a game past a quarter is rarely done. It would impact EA's quarterly earnings and they would need EA's approval to delay it to the next quarter. Get Together was delayed from November to December and Dine Out was likely delayed from May to June. Both of those were within the same quarter so they were whatever as they didn't impact EA's financials. Delaying it to the next quarter would be a different story. Even games like Anthem and Mass Effect: Andromeda that could really use extra development time EA still didn't allow them to be delayed to the next quarter, and they had to be released by the end of the fiscal year.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
    edited June 2019
    August and November
    @elelunicy

You might be right.
    GP08 Realm of Magic could be released before Halloween.

September would be like TS3 Supernatural.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    July and September
    stuff pack in july, game pack in september. leaves august a slow month or a month for bug fixes, and enough of a gap for another expansion in november
  • SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    July and October
    Realm of magic probably in October in time for Halloween.

On the other hand though we seem to be getting regular Game Packs at the end of February based on 2018 and 2019. If the new permanant pattern is two a year it would make sense for them to be six months apart like expanson packs are. That would mean Realm of Magic coming at the end of August. They wont want it releasing too close to the next EP in (probably) November either.

I think everything points to rigid and predictable release patterns for the future

Last week of Feb: Game Pack
    Third week of June: Expansion Pack
    Sometime in Fall: Game Pack (Hard to say exactly when because Fall 2019 is the first time this pattern is in place)
    2nd/3rd week of Nov: Expansion Pack

With the exception of the fall GP this pattern has been true for the last two years.

I dont think the Moschino pack is a part of any trend, it is a bonus because it is a partnership with another brand. It has been 15 months since the last stuff pack, I wouldn't be surprised if the upcoming one is the last.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    August and September
    It won't be in October or November because in April the three packs were going to be released in the next six months (April, May, June, July, August, and September) September is also the end of the quarter and October starts the new Quarter.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    August and October
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    I think the SP will be out in July and the Magic GP in September (since the end of September is when the 6 month period ends).
    It won't be in October or November because in April the three packs were going to be released in the next six months (April, May, June, July, August, and September) September is also the end of the quarter and October starts the new Quarter.

They said within six months so that would mean October not September as the end of it. You can't count April because that's when they announced it so a month from when they announced it would be May and 6 months from the date announced would be in October

• Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    July and September
    With enough time to announce "The Sims 4: Get to University" in November.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
    edited June 2019
    July and September

They said within six months so that would mean October not September as the end of it. You can't count April because that's when they announced it so a month from when they announced it would be May and 6 months from the date announced would be in October

I specifically asked Graham this question on Twitter (like someone linked above). To be exact; I asked this April 9th, and his response was; 6 months from TODAY, so yes, April does count.

It also does not make any sense to release it in october because their financial quarter ends at the end of September. But well, IF it's going to be October, it's not going to be any later than October 9th.
    August and October

I specifically asked Graham this question on Twitter (like someone linked above). To be exact; I asked this April 9th, and his response was; 6 months from TODAY, so yes, April does count.

It also does not make any sense to release it in october because their financial quarter ends at the end of September. But well, IF it's going to be October, it's not going to be any later than October 9th.

Yes I was expecting it early October myself, almost exactly 6 months from the initial announcement. It makes sense to release witches in Hallowe'en month to me.
    edited June 2019
    July and September

Yes I was expecting it early October myself, almost exactly 6 months from the initial announcement. It makes sense to release witches in Hallowe'en month to me.

The only thing we can do is wait ans see anyway. It comes when it comes. At least I am glad to know what is coming in advance instead of long periods of complete silence :)
    August and October
    Me too... although I don't plan on buying this pack it still helps me to know. I was going to wait for the three packs to come out to buy them as a bundle but now that I know I'm not interested in two of them I was able to purchase Island living right away haha!
  • Angie1301Angie1301 Posts: 90 Member
    August and October
    It makes sense to me for realm of magic to come out in October around Halloween
  • AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    July and September
    At least I am glad to know what is coming in advance instead of long periods of complete silence :)

This 100% I don't need specifics in advance. Just knowing the themes and the rough timeline is enough.

• RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    August and September
    I'm thinking the SP will come out late July or early August and the GP will come out late September.
  • simmietimesimmietime Posts: 103 Member
    July and September
    Moschino stuff late July
    Magic GP September
    Expansion 8 November.
  • Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    August and November
    I'm still surprised moschino collab is real.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited June 2019
    July and September
    Machino SP will most likely get announced in July and release a week later.

Magic GP I'm predicting sometimes in August.
  • BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    August and October
    Didn't they say that Realm of Magic was coming this Fall during the EA Play stream? If so, then it would have to be at the very end of September in order to stick within the 6-month thing AND be released in Fall. But I am inclined to believe they scrapped the whole "3 packs in 6 months" thing and will release it later.
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    August and October
    I'm the live stream they said the Moschino Stuff Pack would becoming out later this summer, and I feel like they wouldn't add a new pack in July after Island Living in June. October makes the most sense for Realm of Magic because of Halloween.
    funny-gifs20.gif

edited June 2019
    August and November
    EA Play announcement

SP15 Moschino Stuff : Later this summer
    GP08 Realm of Magic : This Fall
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    August and November
    As much as I'd love to say July and September, because that would mean getting witches as soon as possible, I don't believe it. After the four-and-a-half-month break between StrangerVille and Island Living, I doubt they're going to quickly release three packs in a row now.

Then again, making those three packs to be released in quick succession might have been the reason for the long break in the first place, and if the announced six-month release time frame really ends in September (I wasn't counting the months), then there's still hope.