Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

my toddler can't eat?

Hiiiii
so I dont have ANY mods in my game, and my sim gave birth to a baby boy and when he reached toddlerhood (is that a word?) he cant eat! i give him a plate, he eats about a third, and then the plate gets stuck to his hand. i use ResetSim on him CONSTANTLY and it doesnt help. every time he eats (no high chair). he eats a third (and his hunger is STILL red), puts the plate somewhere else, but it gets stuck to his hand. argh.

-Yarden.

Comments

• YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    Yardenro wrote: »
    Hiiiii
    so I dont have ANY mods in my game, and my sim gave birth to a baby boy and when he reached toddlerhood (is that a word?) he cant eat! i give him a plate, he eats about a third, and then the plate gets stuck to his hand. i use ResetSim on him CONSTANTLY and it doesnt help. every time he eats (no high chair). he eats a third (and his hunger is STILL red), puts the plate somewhere else, but it gets stuck to his hand. argh.

update - repaired the game.
    now my toddler cant use the potty chair, cant sleep, cant take a bath AND cant eat.

-Yarden.
  • ThenyoukissmeThenyoukissme Posts: 304 Member
    This is happening to me too. Toddler is starving but will only take a few bites, usually they put the plate down or it just disappears. The ipad thing is what gets stuck to them in my game. Its a common bug it seems since the last patch. Very annoying but we will probably just have to wait until the next patch for it to be fixed
  • WolfenomadWolfenomad Posts: 6 New Member
    Same here, I tried to potty train my toddler, but there are no options pulling up when I click on the chair. I tried restarting, putting in new chair, etc.
  • ellizelliz Posts: 14 New Member
    I had the issue with toddler not eating.... Turned out he had a toy stuck in his hand (that was only showing sometimes). Reset sim (and I deleted the toy for good measure!) fixed the issue for me.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I had an issue with my toddler not going to the potty or staying in bed. They had been playing with the wabbit tablet and it kept popping into their hand between attempted actions. I finally got it away from them and after going into managed worlds and back they could complete those actions again. Haven't sold the tablet but put it in their parents inventory for now.
    Basically what @elliz said..
    egTcBMc.png
  • TheeRedqueenTheeRedqueen Posts: 1 New Member
    Ya its the same for me. My toddler will eat 1/2 of their food then go put them down somewhere else. Its so super annoying when youre trying to do the 100 baby challenge makes it almost unplayable. I've tried repairing my game also, does absolutely nothing. I think I might try starting a new game but saving my characters to my gallery. Ill let you know if it works. :)
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited June 2019
    I had the issue with potty training. The toddler would sit down, only yo get back up again immediately and start playing with the toy she recieved for her birthday. It took me a while to get it away from her, since she can not put it down, but when I finally did, I sold the toy and can now potty train her at last.

Same toddler, and now she is unable to stay in bed, immediately getting up again, even if her energy is at yellow, near red. I had to reset her several times to get her to sleep. It's really annoying, especially if you send the toddler to bed to focus on the needs of your other sims, only to notice some time later that she is still awake.
    Post edited by AngeliqueAdelaide on
  • YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    what worked for me was literally age up the toddler to a kid. i saw no other option. moving out didn't solve it, manage world didn't solve it...nothing.

-Yarden.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    edited June 2019
    I've been having this issue too. Super disappointing.

Edit: I found a thread on it on AHQ.

OPEN-Toddlers-stuck-with-Toys-Books-after-updat
  • wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    Have the same issue with my toddlers. I have to use the resetSim cheat everytime. It also happened with an empty plate, so not just toys.
  • ThenyoukissmeThenyoukissme Posts: 304 Member
    Have the same issue with my toddlers. I have to use the resetSim cheat everytime. It also happened with an empty plate, so not just toys.

Try putting fruit and veg in the toddler inventory. That way when they get a bit hungry they can snack on them. Surprisingly it does a pretty good job of filling the hunger bar
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    I have this on and off. Sometimes toddlers will eat, sometimes they put their food down halfway through and won't finish unless I tell them to, and sometimes the plate gets stuck to their hand and jams up interactions and what not.

Try putting fruit and veg in the toddler inventory. That way when they get a bit hungry they can snack on them. Surprisingly it does a pretty good job of filling the hunger bar

Good idea.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • KaylimannKaylimann Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="Yardenro;d-961258"]Hiiiii
    so I dont have ANY mods in my game, and my sim gave birth to a baby boy and when he reached toddlerhood (is that a word?) he cant eat! i give him a plate, he eats about a third, and then the plate gets stuck to his hand. i use ResetSim on him CONSTANTLY and it doesnt help. every time he eats (no high chair). he eats a third (and his hunger is STILL red), puts the plate somewhere else, but it gets stuck to his hand. argh.[/quote]

This happens all the time with mine! When I see it happening, I immediately save and exit the whole game and relaunch. Either the plate is now in their inventory, or, most likely, it is glitched into the air at a weird angle and you can throw it away from there.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Apparently this bug was introduced in the last patch. I have avoided playing toddlers since then due to this. Hopefully it will be fixed soon
  • PhillipaErdnussPhillipaErdnuss Posts: 73 Member
    Had the same Problem yesterday evening. As per the Thread in AHQ (mentioned above) take a sim to CAS and without Change out of CAS made the invisible toy the toddler holds visible and was away from the toddler (I sold the toy), so the toddler had his Hands free again for eating, and could again use the potty and go to sleep finally. And all was good again :-)
    Phillipa Erdnuss
    Mayoress of SimCity and all associated districts
    Let this cart-button disappear!
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Apparently this bug was introduced in the last patch. I have avoided playing toddlers since then due to this. Hopefully it will be fixed soon

Me too. Not playing any toddlers until it's fixed I guess.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• lolainredlolainred Posts: 5 New Member
    I really wish they would fix the sticky hands toddlers. It's killing game play for me right now. I'm trying to do the 100 baby challenge so I can't reset them, and they either get things stuck in their hands or don't eat enough to satisfy needs and so they're always too hungry to work on their skills. It' so infuriating!
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Resetsim consistently worked for me, through three Toddlers. But I will definitely be reluctant for my heir to start a new generation until the "sticky hands" bug is addressed.
  • Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    Well until that the borked toddler problem is fixed I'm using Littlemssam Bugfixes for the problem.

https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175412067973/random-bug-fixes-a-collection-of-random-small-bug
  • anashanash Posts: 86 Member
    The only way I can get my toddlers to eat is if I turn off freewill or whatever it is called. I can't think of the name of it under the options
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Moving this to the Archive. Please, remember bug reports belong on AHQ now >> https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-Multiple-Toddler-Sims-issues-with-eating-sleeping-stuck/m-p/7955699#M91994

(thanks for sharing that link @PlayerSinger2010 ! )