Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are we getting closer to having ponds using terrain tools?

I was just messing around with the ocean building in Island Paradise, and I saw that some decorations from other packs like lily pads, algae, and reeds can be placed on the ocean.

That's when I realized that the programming for oceans might be similar to the one for ponds. They're both water placed on top of lowered terrain.

Do you think IL laid the groundwork for real ponds in the game? I know we have that koi pond in GF and we can make pools look like ponds through trickery, but it would still be nice to have the real thing. We could have something beautiful like this premade house in TS2:
uc?id=1VrUukqE456Xy9TsNqp_Lzb6CZaWBrRtP

(Also, while we're at it, do you think we'll get split levels too? I've been to RL houses with split-level stairs, and I think the idea is interesting)
Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?

Comments

• cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    im hoping it will become a thing, having to fake ponds and rivers is so frustrating
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    im hoping it will become a thing, having to fake ponds and rivers is so frustrating

Same here :0
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    As soon as a Farming expansion is announced. Terrain and pond manipulation would have a great relation to farming gameplay. We could build fish ponds, rice terraces, hills for our horses and farm animals.
    y'all got bread?
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    As soon as a Farming expansion is announced. Terrain and pond manipulation would have a great relation to farming gameplay. We could build fish ponds, rice terraces, hills for our horses and farm animals.

Ooh, I like this idea. Maybe we can build fish hatcheries inside bodies of water if we had a farming expansion