Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like open neighborhoods?

Comments

• Options
    PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    Yes
    Yes!! :)
  • Options
    Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
    No
    No, I like going to and from each world and not being stuck in just one.
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Yes
    Yes please ,it is the only reason I use MCCC to have story progression. I know in 3 they had open world and the sims were all over on their own and creating real relationships with others and having families on their own, or even making enemies. If it would allow story progression on its own without having to use a mod to do this, then yes please! It would be great to be allowed to decorate other parts as well that may be available with open world.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    No
    Another reason why I don't want an open world is that I like being able to go inside venues with my sims. What is fun about having sims go out to a restaurant and I have to wait outside it? I hated all that rabbit hole rubbish that they had in the Sims 3.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited June 2019
    Yes
    The real question is.. How can u vote no?
  • Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    Yes
    Yes. I would rather see the Sims that live in my neighborhoods instead of game-generated pre-made Sims and townies, the plethora of adult bartenders generated by the game, and the gang of weirdoes that I see now. But it's not going to happen in TS4.
  • Options
    AqualunarAqualunar Posts: 1 New Member
    Yes
    Idk I kinda got used to and liked TS3 world.
  • Options
    stephanie132392stephanie132392 Posts: 91 Member
    No
    No thank you! The sims 3 crashed way too often :(
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Yes
    I would settle for larger neighborhoods, with say 8 houses rather than 4, and 3 vacant lots, rather than 1. Things feel cramped.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    No
    Oh heck no. I don't want to load in all that extra stuff. Have sims get stuck. Experience the lag. Nope.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    No
    No, thank you.

I fear mostly routing issues which may cause lag and gamefreeze. I don't want to end up having to use several performance increasing mods as with Sims 3.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    ihaveaplaniswearihaveaplaniswear Posts: 12 New Member
    Yes
    I'm completely fine with not having a full open world, but having to travel just to walk a few feet to the next house seems a little silly.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited June 2019
    No
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    There's a lot to be said for loading screens, as evidenced by the plethora of open world titles with issues ranging from save file bloat to disappearing NPCs.

Sims 4 has those issues too, and it’s a closed world. Next.

While you are obviously very passionate about this issue, and I am no doubt speaking out of turn following my summary dismissal, I should note that I have not experienced either of those issues in The Sims 4. This is quite different than the ever-growing load times and NPCs disappearing into test cells under the terrain that I have experienced in titles like The Sims 3 and TES franchise.

Same here. The only time I had sims disappear was either due to to an outdated mod which is not the games fault as mods are made by a third party and there are risks. Going over the limit also would probably delete homeless mods; but people should be aware of that and has yet to have happened in my game and should be over 200 by now. Plus you can risk it and put it as unlimited.

Sims 3 had so many issues with or without mods. The biggest reasons for crashing and lagging was due to sims getting stuck somewhere and happened often. Also it took a long time to load and was unstable. Gave up on building as game often crash on me when trying to build. The worst world for lag was Island Paradiso.
  • Options
    simvasionsimvasion Posts: 110 Member
    Yes
    There’s a max 20 sim limit loaded in the area you play in. But when they drop 32-bit support soon, maybe they will be able to support higher numbers without a performance decrease? If they could support 100 sims loaded at the same time, then open neighbourhood would be more of a possibility, because then the game could populate all the other lots around you that are already loaded (you can tell because looking through windows all the furniture is there), and eliminating that load screen between them.

Only for the current neighbourhood. That’s what we mean by open neighbourhood and not open world.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Yes
    yes, I think open neighborhoods would be the way to go for the next iteration, as I doubt they'll come in Sims 4. It would be great if they could update it that way but I doubt it. I think having a fully open world is too taxing on the game, but having 5-6 open lots shouldn't be anywhere near the issue.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    BeliBeli Posts: 31 Member
    No
    No thanks.
    "To see a World in a Grain of Sand and a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
    Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
    And Eternity in an hour."

""He who desires but acts not, breeds pestilence." So it is written."
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited June 2019
    No
    So_Money wrote: »
    Would I want them if we were starting over with a new engine designed for open neighbourhoods? Sure.

Would I want them shoehorned into in the current TS4 engine? Heck no, and it wouldn’t even be possible.

Yes I agree with the above comments.

Not worth starting unless there is a huge change after 64 bit. I don't want it to break my PC as Sims 3 did. There's quite a lot of open area round the lots for jogging and dog walking and those seem to have been enlarged after Cats and Dogs.

If they manage it I will be very surprised but there is still Sims 3 for those who like it. :)

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Yes
    So_Money wrote: »
    Would I want them if we were starting over with a new engine designed for open neighbourhoods? Sure.

Would I want them shoehorned into in the current TS4 engine? Heck no, and it wouldn’t even be possible.

I have to agree with you on this one as I may see some problems adding it now.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Yes
    I just find it funny that the question was about open neighborhoods, and all anyone is talking about is open world when they’re two different things. 🤷‍♀️

We already have semi open neighborhoods so I hope Sims 5 (if there is one) brings open neighborhoods into the mix. I’d rather have more, smaller, open neighborhoods.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Yes
    in general I just love open worlds.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    No
    No,because I'm concerned about lagging,freezing,glitching and crashes. Sims 3 was unplayable for me because of open world-it would only crash,freeze,lag and glitch constantly. And doen't open world use a lot of your computer's memory and stuff?
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    No
    Nope.
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    edited June 2019
    Yes
    Open Neighborhoods sound like the perfect compromise so yes.
    kaylin205 wrote: »
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Another reason why I don't want an open world is that I like being able to go inside venues with my sims. What is fun about having sims go out to a restaurant and I have to wait outside it? I hated all that rabbit hole rubbish that they had in the Sims 3.

I'm a little confused about how open neighborhoods prevent you from traveling to other worlds?

Open worlds don't equal rabbit holes. Plus the poll was on open neighborhoods something that would be on a much smaller scale than open worlds.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but even in the event that open worlds returned I don't think it's fair to the developers to look at Sims 3 and assume they'd work exactly the same. ( Bugs and all)
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Yes
    Trashmagic wrote: »
    Open Neighborhoods sound like the perfect compromise so yes.
    kaylin205 wrote: »
    Sharonia wrote: »

I'm a little confused about how open neighborhoods prevent you from traveling to other worlds?

Open worlds don't equal rabbit holes. Plus the poll was on open neighborhoods something that would be on a much smaller scale than open worlds.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but even in the event that open worlds returned I don't think it's fair to the developers to look at Sims 3 and assume they'd work exactly the same. ( Bugs and all)

Exactly as each Neighborhood can be treated as an open Neighborhood.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    DillynJamesDillynJames Posts: 551 Member
    Yes
    YES. Even if they can't open up the entire world, I hope that someday they can open up the neighborhoods. I seriously don't fully understand why each individual lot needs a loading screen. It really breaks my immersion when I'm forced to sit through a 20 second loading screen just to go literally next door, even though I can already see their house from my home lot. We should be moving past The Sims 2 way of travel. If they open up the neighborhoods then I can totally see myself becoming fully invested in The Sims 4. Right now that's a huge deterrent for me, and probably the main issue why I don't ever care to actually play the game.
    modthesims.info/member.php?u=8889989 320k downloads on ModTheSims; CarlDillynson