Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many sims can you handle at once?

Before you ask, please consider how futile the question is.

How many sims can you handle at once? 129 votes

Just 1. I'm not good at all at multi tasking.
5%
overonLizzychicagofullspiralRainbowIslandStutumxstxrrysequenceSimmingal 7 votes
2. Being alone sucks.
4%
Writin_ReginvisiblgirlFreygeabluelightingBabySquareRavenSpit 6 votes
3. I wasn't expecting an addition.
6%
JCStormy1SindocatParmaViolet87BubblesGrl34jooxistinacolada00RedSunBluesEmmyGeelogion 9 votes
4. I had twins.
10%
GoldmoldarNRoweLissyK9SelinaKylesSavvySimmietexxx78HCSauKathykinsRebeccaLynnBashsync2015dreamprisonerGosiaWKsimpkeeTotallyABrobot 14 votes
5. I stole from the neighbors!
13%
Isb917kokoro80kerryemmiebethloubyloulouFroggyKarenduhboy2u2BlueSeaWavesLindsaySeddon1annaliese39sunblondLissmelsFunandotsAqualunarhaisinWaitWhatYTamber_ilumirelvndr 17 votes
6. I had "a few" kids.
18%
Akl500PKamioBluefairy286Goth583huandluStrangerthanWyrrenJestTruSxcDannii202zagboorulesHimRumistehlampeXxAirixXfiercephoenix91RedShoe7TomatplanteRae357smurfy77citysimmerWildIrishBanshee 24 votes
7. One of them might be dead, however.
2%
cchant86CorenrenVivi_WillowTree 3 votes
8. Please send help.
37%
icmnfrshColorist40PlayerSinger2010MeteoraStormSimQueenie9NivyxDrewRowlandChelleJodavina1221spice3phantasmkissstephanie132392elelunicyBabykittyjadeFinvolacaitybee73RIP-Troika-Gameswormstache999MaggieMarleyChadSims2 49 votes

Comments

• TotallyABrobotTotallyABrobot Posts: 112 Member
    4. I had twins.
    Just 4. Anymore and I struggle. 5 or more? I end up making bodies hit the floor!
    Before you ask, please consider how futile the question is.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    The larger the household, the longer a day takes because I pause more often. I think the largest family I've played in TS4 is 5 sims, a dog and a cat.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    4. I had twins.
    I can only handle 4, tried to have my sim add a 3rd child and ended with twins 😤 I can’t with both of them
  • mrma49mrma49 Posts: 14 New Member
    6. I had "a few" kids.
    I can barely manage above 6 without cheating their needs, I don’t like having too many in a household because I like to create routines for my sims and it’s hard to sync up that many of them. I also don’t like when their little icons go smaller in the corner when you have lots of sims, that’s just me being weird though hahaha
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I honestly can't handle more than 3 Sims, if one was a toddler. I don't think I can handle more than 2 children tops. I remember my Sim couple having TRIPLETS one time and it was absolute hell.

Never again. LOL
    giphy.gif
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    edited June 2019
    8. Please send help.
    In my defense... 8 is usually with multiple generations.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    8. Please send help.
    8 always haha. Most toddlers and kids. I love the pause button though
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    8. Please send help.
    Difficulty impossible: one caregiver and seven toddlers. It was fun, no idle time.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I could handle two if I put some effort to it, but I don't want to, I want to enjoy it. ;) One sim is enough. My sims do reproduce, but I always have the kids live with the other parent. xD
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited June 2019
    8. Please send help.
    I can easily handle 8, no help needed. In sims 3, when I'd overstuff a household, I'd handle up to 20.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    6. I had "a few" kids.
    I can handle 8 easily. But 6 is my comfort zone. Count me as voting for both! lol
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    I'm in the minority, I can't handle more than 3 properly. I do have families with 4+ sims but all of them are stressful for me.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,339 Member
    8. Please send help.
    8+, but only with free will off.
    If I have free-ranging, autonomous sims on my lot I throw the towel much at four sims.

Worst I've ever did was an orphanage challenge with 25 sims in Sims 2. The first day into the ordeal I quit after an hour, with a migraine. But I'm glad I gave it another try later.
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I’m up to about five, but one sim is ideal! I’m really bad with a full household. I’m surprised I’m coping with five!
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    8. Please send help.
    I played a full house all the time in Sims3 and wished for more spaces. In Sims4, I can play 8, but find myself never getting there before I start a new game. If a new hood comes out or major content like Jungle Adventure, then I almost always start over.

Since we are talking about house slots, I wish they had made cats and dogs to where they didn't take up a spot in the household. In Sims 3 & 4, I've wanted a huge family with a bunch of pets and that isn't possible. Only thing close is in Sims3 with a full house and using the minor pets like birds, lizards, ect.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    8. Please send help.
    Whatever I start with, whatever I intend to do, I usually end up with a full house. I play with full autonomy, which means sometimes Sims wander off to do things I don't want them to, but it also means that they (usually) take themselves to the bathroom, so I can concentrate on other things. Pause is my friend.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    edited June 2019
    The most sims I can comfortably handle at once is 5, any more and things get too wild for me
    Post edited by WaitWhatYT on
  • xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    Misvoted, I mean 2 not 1.

Any more is overwhelming for me.
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited June 2019
    8. Please send help.
    So long as I lock them in a room with a popcorn machine to fend for themselves, I can even do 7 toddlers at once along with one adult sim. I may or may not have turned Vlad’s crypt into a toddler dungeon...
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    In TS3, my largest household was 8, and it was slow going as I kept pausing to make sure everyone was staying on-task.

In TS4, so far, three is as many as I have attempted: Elder grandma, Adult dad, Teen son. Based on that household, I think I could juggle a few more, but I have not yet made the attempt.
  • BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    I can play a full house but I will admit it's harder when there's toddlers and babies in the mix. *First world problems* it's also harder for me if the sims have a house that's too big with multiple stories. I think 6 is the magic number for me. Just having 1 or 2 gets old really fast.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    4. I had twins.
    I think 4 is max for me, although I haven't really tried with more. I'm a total control freak, and want my sims to stay on task and do useful things all the time. Running to the (not yet locked) basement to look at frogs is not one of those things. Same with dancing and grabbing water.
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,402 Member
    5...but what exactly does I stole from the neighbors mean?
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Two parents with three children is probably the most for me before it stops being fun.
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    Once I get past about 5 it's too much, even with autonimy off for active sim only. Well, unless there is a toddler, then it's too much still.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie