Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm Of Magic World Speculation (With Pictures)

1235...Next

Comments

• Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    They said the new world had something 'special added' feature. Hope it look fantasy.

The Sims Game
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    Karon wrote: »
    The devs are saying that the world that comes with Realm of Magic is unique to The Sims... I am thinking that its a Fairies GP with a world made out of floating rocks, floating islands, etc... For us to explore our fairies ability to fly everywhere.

Floating islands would definitely explain the portals! And spellcasters are sometimes known for teleportation so if there were portals on each island, that makes sense how they would get around! I bet that's it!

but couldn't we just poof from island to island? Like vampires and Mist Form? assuming that's a Power. the only reason i'd imagine going through a portal is getting to a realm that's not easy to get to (Not on the Map screen).

Yes, but if teleporting depended on a power, not all spellcasters could do it. So one way to ensure that the player could get any Sim they want to the area would be to include portals.

I'm thinking if it's a sky island, there could even be a buildable lot there.
    #Team Occult
  • bloodydarkanglbloodydarkangl Posts: 74 Member
    I definitely get a fantasy vibe from the pack title. I'm really liking a lot of the ideas in this discussion so far, if they go with any theme listed here I think I'd be pretty happy with the world.

Though my personal favourite would be something more druid like or whimsical, at least that's what comes to my mind when I think of "Realm of Magic". Something a little like this:
    NY24T02.jpg
    K2ImtCx.jpg

And my favourite one...

oF60maQ.png?1
    Love the pictures people have shared so far as to what their idea of a "Realm of Magic" would resemble. For me, it's something a bit more like...

2224885-bigthumbnail.jpg

Floating-Island-fantasy-38740641-1600-900.jpg

071eb6644daf10ec7ee3711b333a0f5e.jpg

But I like the above ideas too, and a return of something like Magic Town would also make me happy. As long as there are NO MODERN FX BUILDINGS in the background of said magic realm, I'll be happy.

I love the game, but the FX buildings in the background of most of the worlds really break immersion if you're trying to do anything outside the box with your neighborhood. :/ I am personally hoping for no fx buildings period, but if they add them, I'm crossing my fingers they'll be outside the box and fantastical in nature. Anything but modern. >.<

Wow... All of these would be incredible.

Something like Elysium from Assassin's Creed Odyssey would be perfect but it's too detailed for a game pack imo.

AT1-noscale.jpg
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    edited August 2019
    Sonia016 wrote: »
    They said the new world had something 'special added' feature. Hope it look fantasy.

Well whatever this 'special' thing is, I really hope it makes up for the tiny world we're getting.

Some of the things the Gurus have been revealing are making me a little apprehensive about this pack :grimace:
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    The devs are saying that the world that comes with Realm of Magic is unique to The Sims... I am thinking that its a Fairies GP with a world made out of floating rocks, floating islands, etc... For us to explore our fairies ability to fly everywhere.

Floating islands would definitely explain the portals! And spellcasters are sometimes known for teleportation so if there were portals on each island, that makes sense how they would get around! I bet that's it!

but couldn't we just poof from island to island? Like vampires and Mist Form? assuming that's a Power. the only reason i'd imagine going through a portal is getting to a realm that's not easy to get to (Not on the Map screen).

Yes, but if teleporting depended on a power, not all spellcasters could do it. So one way to ensure that the player could get any Sim they want to the area would be to include portals.

I'm thinking if it's a sky island, there could even be a buildable lot there.

Eh I say tough... You stranded.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Sonia016 wrote: »

Well whatever this 'special' thing is, I really hope it makes up for the tiny world we're getting.

Some of the things the Gurus have been revealing are making me a little apprehensive about this pack :grimace:

I see nothing special unless you can fall over the edge into oblivion.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    QNznMzB.png

@PlayerSinger2010 These look really interesting!

Though it doesn't give us much insight to the world, one thing I do love is the look of the atmosphere. All the blue and purple hues and the starry sky with the moon... I'm actually in love.

Well I'm digging the rings he's wearing... I can't say I like everything else... Unless that's a stained glass window... I mean the moon looks pretty cool. I like that it doesn't look spooky Let's start there...

Trying so hard to justify and convince my self to like what I see.

As much as I LOVE magic-themed stuff... I'm going into this with sub-par expectations. The past three releases or so have been rather stale, as exciting as the themes sounded.

However! I see hot air balloons in the back of img 3.

Well... color me impressed. The look and feel has me sold. Although the GP doesn't look like it'll feature much beyond spells/potions, the fact that you can have duels took me by surprise. I can say I'm extremely excited to see what that could open up in terms of storytelling!!

[please, PLEASE -- crossing my fingers -- a modder will create something to enable chance of death for duels. SimGuruRomeo confirmed that's not a possibility, but could you imagine what kind of storytelling doors would open?? Superheros/supervillains, magic school, magic wars... Oh boy!! :p
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,955 Member
    edited August 2019
    Simmingal wrote: »
    seeing all these pictures I think ''floating islands'' sort of world would be really cool :love:
    they have never done it in sims game but I feel it would be so pretty in sims 4

im shook we actually got so close to the theme on forums

other people talking of weird places and others about nature inspired fantasy lands and they just went like how bout both
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free