Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm Of Magic World Speculation (With Pictures)

Comments

• JnyxJnyx Posts: 273 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Jnyx wrote: »
    Corenren wrote: »
    Since the island living pack closely resembles the movie Moana, I think the Realm of Magic pack will closely resemble Harry Potter.

the island living pack only resembles Moana because they're based on the same cultures. So it really just resembles Polynesian culture.
    I doubt it will resemble Harry Potter all that much, even though that's all anyone seems to want.

tbh id rather its not like hp because i mean if i wanted that i could just play hp game tbh :confused: like dun get me wrong i like hp but i also feel like it has its own witch type representation problems

I'm thinking along the same lines, I like Harry Potter but I don't want it to become a forefront theme of the pack and it's likely that I'd lose a lot of interest in the pack if it were.

i agree. It's sort of weird to me seeing how bad everyone wants it to be like harry potter.
    and you can tell it's all because they want to play out their fantasies of going to hogwarts but like that's not what this game is about and it shouldn't be.
    I hope the magic aspect is similar to vampires in the sense of them being very easy to ignore.

I don't want every sim suddenly going around with magic.
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 858 Member
    edited August 2019
    The one thing I worry about is that since it’s a GP and not an EP that the new world we get will only have a few residential lots and no community lots similar to Forgotten Hollow. And it absolutely better not be just a vacation spot or i’m not even buying the pack 😩
  • Drago97232Drago97232 Posts: 59 Member
    Coconut27 wrote: »
    The one thing I worry about is that since it’s a GP and not an EP that the new world we get will only have a few residential lots and no community lots similar to Forgotten Hollow. And it absolutely better not be just a vacation spot or i’m not even buying the pack 😩

I hope we'll get something similar to Strangerville with at least 2 neighborhoods : one residential and another one for community lots.
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Drago97232 wrote: »

I hope we'll get something similar to Strangerville with at least 2 neighborhoods : one residential and another one for community lots.

Honestly I'd be so mad if they tried to pass off another Forgotten Hollow type of world on us all with this pack. As much as I love Forgotten Hollow, it's such a shame that the developers didn't do more with the world. Community venues just don't fit in as it's a small enclosed neighborhood.

I'd be very happy with a world that's the same size as StrangerVille though, it'd be a good balance.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    A Strangerville sized world would be great, and to me, it is a minimum. Let's face it, Strangerville could have done with a gym and a park as well.
  • Drago97232Drago97232 Posts: 59 Member
    Drago97232 wrote: »

Honestly I'd be so mad if they tried to pass off another Forgotten Hollow type of world on us all with this pack. As much as I love Forgotten Hollow, it's such a shame that the developers didn't do more with the world. Community venues just don't fit in as it's a small enclosed neighborhood.

I'd be very happy with a world that's the same size as StrangerVille though, it'd be a good balance.

FH is such a waste. This world has a such unique atmosphere but it is soooo small.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    Spinning wheels, both large and small! The small being for flax. I would also love it should they give us the ability to create round walls.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Realm makes me think of Hogsmeade :D I really want a Harry-Potter sort of pack, the Pufferhead Stuff Pack just isn't enough for me.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    Spinning wheels, both large and small! The small being for flax. I would also love it should they give us the ability to create round walls.

Those sound cool!

I love the idea of build/buy and a world that is still unique but can be used by all players, not just occult players. IE vampires build/buy was amazing for builders who wanted to make authentic Victorian builds but Forgotten Hollow is basically useless if you aren't playing vampires. It's so dark and small and no normal sim would ever conceivably live there.
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    edited August 2019
    Jnyx wrote: »
    i agree. It's sort of weird to me seeing how bad everyone wants it to be like harry potter.
    and you can tell it's all because they want to play out their fantasies of going to hogwarts but like that's not what this game is about and it shouldn't be.
    I hope the magic aspect is similar to vampires in the sense of them being very easy to ignore.

I don't want every sim suddenly going around with magic.

I totally agree. The word 'realm' in itself makes me a little nervous tbh just because it makes me think of some sort of hidden Harry Potter world which I don't feel will really cross over well into TS4 as it is now. I'm very much hoping this will be similar to the Vampire pack. I feel like that pack handled adding the occult into the game so well!
  • Dr_WoohooDr_Woohoo Posts: 7 New Member
    Look at Get Famous and Strangerville’s build buy objects; We see a lot of items and clothing that were in Famous that could be used in strangerville, and many of their items were usable in Island living. So it’s safe to assume that they also included objects that will work with the new Realm of Magic Pack. So we can extrapolate what the style for that might be based on which build/bu/CAs items in those last 3 packs could be carried over to a magical realm theme.

Based on the nomadic warrior sort of outfits we see in Famous, and the pointy castle like windows from strangerville, and the rough hewn, wooden build no eats in Island living and thatch roofs it looks like we’ll get a medieval-sequel pack that will also fit in well with the Get Together aesthetic. Because Jungle adventure and island living were obviously matched, and oasis springs and strangerville, and famous and san Myshuno.

I also think we’ll get a lot of hipster-autumn witchy outfits. Like modern witch trends. You see a lot of Pinterest. Now they’ve given us fluidic movements with mermaids and the ability to use canoes to travel, so I think we’ll see small viking ships, flying brooms. We’ve had a plant monster, so we’ll get magical creatures we can battle. I think they’ll definitely build off of the framework they built which alleys for the whole world to be affected by our actions that they used in strangerville and Sulani, as well as the framework for fame, which could be borrowed to affect how your character develops and how the world interacts with them as they wander around. We’ll be able to turn off their magical effects like the fame shine.

I predict turrets on castles, and medical thatch roof huts. Definitely creating the framework of a hogwarts/witch skill tree like with vampires. This will lay out the groundwork for university skill trees and builds later on. We’ll see our first residences/dorms. Likely a lot will be added to gardening skill and gardening items, which lays the groundwork for a farming pack. Sulani has roaming chickens, which we can expect to return. And we can build relationships with dolphins, so we may be able to build relationships with unicorns or dragons, which later would allow us to build relationships with horses and farm animals. Also based on the level of effort they put into animating mermaids swimming, I think they’ve got the talent they need to animate complex creatures like horses running.Those void critters might be actual interactive animals in realm of magic, like the dolphins. A farming pack I imagine would be made to work well with Brindleton bay, and university *may* give us cars.

If we did eventually get university with cars, I see them reusing the 80s retro outfits and decor from famous and strangerville and giving us a back to the future vibe.

We got a lot of superhero/space/sci-fi themed items with famous and get to work, so I could see them releasing a cyberpunk city to go with cars, that back to the future vibe. Kind of like Blade runner 2040 or Altered Carbon. Which would bring them full circle back from desert, island, medieval forest, university campus, back to the modern city aesthetic. This would utilize item aesthetics like spa day, fitness and city living. And those post apocalyptic sets from Famous. So they could hit all the major themes, while linking them with older packs and fleshing out the world. Each pack builds a new feature that is reused in following packs. (Like strangerville’s infected world, became Sulani’s conservation.)

I would hope that the systems they create somehow allow for them to create better babies. At this point Dolphins are more fun to interact with and look at then human infants in the game.

Also the 100 baby challenge videos have been getting Sims so much promotion, that it would make sense for them to cater to that, by creating better babies that add challenge to that gameplay. I see them going for a “instagram mom with Starbucks, and a fancy stroller” vibe, like how you can instagram your pets, but with babies, and the baby/toddler/child fashion and decor will be upgraded in a way that appeals to the aesthetic of Pinterest and those “toddlers that are better dressed than you.” This would mesh nicely with the autumn hipster witch aesthetic and university student messy bun with oversized sweater and yoga pants look.

Anyways, that’s how I see them moving forward. If they don’t plan of creating Sims 5 anytime soon, then they’ll try to stay current by hitting the main requested themes.

I mostly want to see them give us better skin tones and body shapes as console players can’t use mods. But I don’t think that’s a huge priority for them. Who knows maybe they’ll surprise us with Sims Africa and give us some much needed Wakanda vibes using island living aesthetics. Or Sims Japan, and give us samurai building off the military career and fighting animations.
    Latest post from the Sims on Instagram :wink:

Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited August 2019

I'm getting excited now. Looks like a magic portal. I hope it's to a new world with a completely different vibe.
  • jimjam1009jimjam1009 Posts: 165 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

I'm getting excited now. Looks like a magic portal. I hope it's to a new world with a completely different vibe.

I really hope we get witches as an occult!!
    Does it look like a new world? Or an existing world where a portal has been placed?

Oof the excitement is real! :lol:
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I am intrigued!
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    YES YES YES YES YES!!!!! I'm so ready.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member

Omg!!! I'm on my way out but ...YES!!!!! :o
    #Team Occult
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    Reminds me of Narnia, Prince Caspian.
  • MaddieplaysgamesMaddieplaysgames Posts: 125 Member
    edited August 2019
    it's a new world and its confirmed like forgotten hollow so if you were hoping for 12 lots expect 7 or less
    it's a new world and its confirmed like forgotten hollow so if you were hoping for 12 lots expect 7 or less

Can you provide links/sources for this? Because so far I haven't heard anything about the world...

Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Realm makes me think of Hogsmeade :D I really want a Harry-Potter sort of pack, the Pufferhead Stuff Pack just isn't enough for me.

Thanks for mentioning this. I just downloaded it and restarted my game to take a look at the content. It looks perfect.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.

Can you provide links/sources for this? Because so far I haven't heard anything about the world...

I just checked SimsVIP and SimsCommunity. There's nothing about the world listed. But... SimsCommunity DID post these:

https://simscommunity.info/2019/08/19/the-sims-4-realm-of-magic-first-lq-image-previews/
    QNznMzB.png

@PlayerSinger2010 These look really interesting!

Though it doesn't give us much insight to the world, one thing I do love is the look of the atmosphere. All the blue and purple hues and the starry sky with the moon... I'm actually in love.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
    QNznMzB.png

@PlayerSinger2010 These look really interesting!

Though it doesn't give us much insight to the world, one thing I do love is the look of the atmosphere. All the blue and purple hues and the starry sky with the moon... I'm actually in love.

It'd be awesome to have the moon cycle back, even if we don't get werewolves.