March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have you ever had another Sim just show up on a hidden lot?

So, I have spent a lot of time at the hidden lots, Sylvan Glades and Forgotton Grotto. I have never seen another Sim there. I did find an old thread about inviting Sims to those lots, but not much else. My Sim was fishing in Forgotten Grotto and while he was using the toilet there his friend just popped in. I thought at first it was one of those instances when a Sim appears and disappears shortly after, but she was there for hours, they had a nice long conversation. She even stayed after my Sim went back to fishing and kept busy with her phone. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that he had given her his apartment key earlier?

3wYUFTC.jpg

Just curious if anyone had this happen before. I actually thought it was pretty cool and would like it if once in a while someone else showed up there.
If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...

Comments

• kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    huh, it could well have to do with the apartment key. i'll have to take paige down there or to the sylvan glade and find out (she's given multiple keys out to other sims... probably not the smartest thing for the criminal oracle to do). ...now to remember if she ever took up fishing or not...
  • QueenSnapdragonQueenSnapdragon Posts: 34 Member
    That's weird, I've never experienced that. But it sounds nice! My sim will be giving out a lot of keys as her grandchildren age up so I guess I'll find out!
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited June 2019
    Thanks for the replies, for a moment I thought maybe this a thing and it just never happened to me before. The key is obviously just a theory, it just seems like it would be a weird coincidence if it had nothing to do with it. I am playing my Sim Noah a bit differently than I usually would because with Sims that live in San Myshuno I don't go for the Nature aspirations and hang out in the old Grotto, but I am preparing him for Island Living. He is going to get fed up with the city life right around 21 June. :)
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required

we all try ...
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I hope there's a hidden world in Island Living for the Mermaids & Mermans.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I have had someone come to the grotto once
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    I had a human appear on Sixam once.

I never saw him there, but when I went back home through the portal I got asked who to take with me. The first option was an alien my sim had met, the other option aforementioned human. He was a conspiracy theorist from Strangerville, so assume he was having the time of his life that day!
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    finally got around to trying this out a bit (was way distracted with plotting something for the upcoming pack in build mode every time i loaded the game up). had my hacker girl visit the grotto after ensuring all of her friends and her boyfriend had apartment keys. had her spend a full sim day in there until she had to go to work and no visitors

not saying that the key thing isn't why it happened, just that that doesn't seem to guarantee it happening
  • CogshellCogshell Posts: 164 Member
    A while ago I had Erwin Pries show up where ever my sim was, like when she was in Selvadorada he showed up out of no where at the temple and again at the pool lot. I did have her give him an apartment key too so maybe that's the bug?
    ZnG1wMG.png
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    @kalaksed Thanks for letting me know about your experiences. Maybe your Sim's friends are less "stalkery". :D This is one of those bugs that I actually would have liked, to be honest. It can get lonely while fishing in the Grotto for hours.
    @Cogshell Not surprised about Erwin being a stalker! He probably keeps very detailed notes of what your Sim is doing and sells the info at his little booth! :D

we all try ...
  • Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    If they got a house key they seem to show up wherever you are. I got visited while fishing in the Sylvan Glade as an example :D
    You're Breathtaking!
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I wonder if besides the apartment key, you also have to have the skill level to show up at the grotto?