Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Will You Be Playing With Mermaids?

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    I'll be playing with stereotypical Little Mermaid type mermaids.
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I will play with nice mermaids, but not planning on going cliché little mermaid all the way. I will decide once I start creating her in CAS.

I agree with this comment. This is how I'll be doing it too. Gentle mermaids but without the cliché.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Other...
    I just want to see what all she can do and maybe have a little Merhouse.
  • Options
    paleplantpaleplant Posts: 17 Member
    Other...
    All the above, to be honest xD. I'm going to have a beautiful, serial killer mermaid who steals land dwelling sims' hearts. Her past lovers lay on the bottom of the sea never to be seen again. She lives in a place the island inhabitants call Vanishing Cove and it is said to be the most cursed and haunted place in all of the sim worlds.
    EA ID: Angelictrait
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited June 2019
    Other...
    All different sorts. I have a story that I'm working on (not a part of the sims) but I do use the sims for ideas and to kind of vent my ideas.

Mermaids do exist in that world, and people with mental issues like depression, anxiety, PTSD, heart break, stress or things like that are drawn to the ocean and if they give in to the call they become mermaids. the ocean doesn't heal their mind but it masks it. Sort of like anesthesia for the mind.

I already have a character in mind for that story. He completely loses his own identity and starts to think of himself very negatively, so he gives in to the call. There is a part where an Empath (someone who can feel other people's emotions) tries to talk some sense into him. She feels all the pain inside of him, but he doesn't feel any of it, he feels at peace. So it's kind of a bittersweet thing. He doesn't care about anything anymore, just that he finally feels at peace.

It's loosely based off folk lore where mermaids have stone cold hearts, but eventually their hearts can warm and want to venture out on land, except kind of the opposite lol. Not all mermaids are created this way, but it's one of the ways.

Speaking of, mermaids in my lore are as immortal as the sea itself, unless they choose the ability to go on land, and then they only live 500-1,000 years. Sirens do exist, as do Sea witches. Sea witches aren't necessarily evil, they just have magical powers, especially over the water. Sirens are all typically evil, they have traded their souls for dark power.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    awlchickawlchick Posts: 75 Member
    Maybe one of each! nice one, evil sister, I'm excited lets just say that. :blush:
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited June 2019
    I personally don't see a problem with "Cliche" mermaids. I think its really nice to have some things in life or video games that arent nasty/cruel/mean just for the sake of it . So, I will love to make a "cliche" mermaid :) They're make believe anyway.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    sivansivan Posts: 24 Member
    I might look at mermaids once or twice, but I don't really care about them that much.
    I don't really like to play with the supernatural very much.
    most of my game will be on the island living and culture.
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    I'll be playing with evil-looking mermaids that are actually really nice.
    I want a mermaid that looks like a horrible siren but all she wants is love and a barbecue